2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    8-1-1?
    17 points out of possible 20?
    +17 differential?
    Who the hell are these Kings?

Sure it will come back (especially with 3 forwards out) but a hell of a fun start.  Last night we brutalized the Habs again. 
    Rookie gets another Goal & Assist.  (Kempe)  @ Boston and @ StL to close out the 6 game roadie, keep it going!

The Lightning are offensive juggernauts as well.  Fun team to watch.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    almost forgot Las Vegas has a hockey team which apparently are undefeated.
    and still one of the top 5 teams in the league.  pretty impressive!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Agree. 
    So, are Modano and LeClair captaining this team?  :lol:

• Jason P said:

Yeah fuck those jerseys.  I get excited every Olympic year in hopes that we'll finally have sweet sweaters again, but no.  I ranted about the sleeves and a friend looked into it, and found out they're supposed to be bald eagle wings or some shit.  Fucking A.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    Kings Ducks are showing why NHL is best sport.
    Hatred abound....Quick came out of the goal and took and penalty for pounding on Cory fucker.
    Ducks suck!
    Can't believe Kings are crushing it without Jeff Carter.
    Good times!
    Russia just got banned from the 2018 winter Olympics for being a bunch of Cheaty McCheatypants in Sochi.  So no KHL players which means USA vs Canada final looks imminent
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Jason P said:
    Russia just got banned from the 2018 winter Olympics for being a bunch of Cheaty McCheatypants in Sochi.  So no KHL players which means USA vs Canada final looks imminent
    In some way that sucks, because you like to see the best compete, but they deserve what they got.

The World JR Championships might be better then the Olympics. SUCKS the NHL is not letting ther players play.
    cutz said:
    Jason P said:
    In some way that sucks, because you like to see the best compete, but they deserve what they got.

The World JR Championships might be better then the Olympics. SUCKS the NHL is not letting ther players play.
    Russia would have been sending professional players to play against amateurs (this is not russia's fault, but more of the bone head gary bettman).  Funny to see the super corrupt IOC ban Russia when they probably got paid millions of dollars under the table for the Sochi games.  Wonder if we see any of the IOC officials "accidentally slip" off their 26th floor balconies in the near future?  
    Magic???

• NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    glad Detroit bounced back last night with a win over the pegs.  I'm liking the play of Frk and Jensen.  Love to have Larkin in my hockey pool... penalties and goals are a given.

F those Hab'ers
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Jason P said:
    cutz said:
    Jason P said:

Russia would have been sending professional players to play against amateurs (this is not russia's fault, but more of the bone head gary bettman).  Funny to see the super corrupt IOC ban Russia when they probably got paid millions of dollars under the table for the Sochi games. 
     Wonder if we see any of the IOC officials "accidentally slip" off their 26th floor balconies in the near future?  
    Yeah, you're right about Russia  sending ther Pros who are playing in the KHL. 

I think you are also right about the under the table payments too.

Man, i'm a bad person,  i laughed when i read the comment :" Wonder if we see any of the IOC officials "accidentally slip" off their 26th floor balconies in the near future"?  Though, it's not funny at all, because i could see that happening. I don't put anything past them.

I still wish the NHL allowed ther players to play in the Olympics. It sucks ther not. It's only once every 4 years.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I have no problem with no NHL players in the olympics.  IMO, there have only been 1 or 2 decent olympic tournaments since the inclusion of NHL players.  The past tournament in Sochi was a snoozefest.   I dislike halting the NHL season for two weeks and extending the season even further/cramming the season.  I also dislike the possibility of a star player(s) getting injured.  
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    MayDay10 said:
    I have no problem with no NHL players in the olympics.  IMO, there have only been 1 or 2 decent olympic tournaments since the inclusion of NHL players.  The past tournament in Sochi was a snoozefest.   I dislike halting the NHL season for two weeks and extending the season even further/cramming the season.  I also dislike the possibility of a star player(s) getting injured.  
    100% agree
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    Only problem with no NHL is that the ice will always be tilted for Russia ... unless they are told to stay home
  • I think the US would've had a hell of a team this go 'round with NHL players, but maybe we'll fair better than the IIHF World Championships.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited December 2017
    cutz said:
    Jason P said:

It's stupid is what it is. The olympics are specifically for the BEST athletes to compete against one another. Without the NHL players in the Games, it's just the best mediocre hockey players competing... honestly, I'd probably have more fun going down to the local rink and watching the beer leagues play. I will not be tuning into Olympic hockey anymore, which is a huge bummer, because that obviously used to be the absolute highlight.... I understand why the NHL made the decision, but I still think it's a stupid one. And a really wussy one.

I would be wondering wtf is happening with Russia's team - will there still be one represented under the Olympic flag?? - but now I really couldn't care less either way. :disappointed:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    Jason P said:

I would be wondering wtf is happening with Russia's team - will there still be one represented under the Olympic flag?? - but now I really couldn't care less either way. :disappointed:
    Any Russian that crosses that line is going to end up with missing family members.  I kind of feel bad for their talented figure skater who was 14 when the cheating took place and announced she won't skate unless it's under the Russian flag.  I don't even like figure skating but wow is she amazing.
    MayDay10 said:
    The star players had no problem playing in the Olympics. I'm pretty sure that just about all of them wanted to play. It doesn't matter to me when the NHL shuts down for  2 weeks. It's only once every 4 years. Star players can easily get hurt playing in a NHL game , too.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    MayDay10 said:
    Agree.  The olympics are supposed to be for amatuer athletes.
    cutz said:
    MayDay10 said:
    The star players had no problem playing in the Olympics. I'm pretty sure that just about all of them wanted to play. It doesn't matter to me when the NHL shuts down for  2 weeks. It's only once every 4 years. Star players can easily get hurt playing in a NHL game , too.
    We will see how badly they want it back in the next CBA discussions.  I would wager it will rank pretty low on their priority list.  
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    Jason P said:

It's stupid is what it is. The olympics are specifically for the BEST athletes to compete against one another. Without the NHL players in the Games, it's just the best mediocre hockey players competing... honestly, I'd probably have more fun going down to the local rink and watching the beer leagues play. I will not be tuning into Olympic hockey anymore, which is a huge bummer, because that obviously used to be the absolute highlight.... I understand why the NHL made the decision, but I still think it's a stupid one. And a really wussy one.

Not even the women?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    who watches the Olympics anymore?  damn keep them playing with the league and get rid of the all-star break.  
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    MayDay10 said:
    cutz said:
    MayDay10 said:
    We will see how badly they want it back in the next CBA discussions.  I would wager it will rank pretty low on their priority list.  
    It might be, because you know what Tops the list: 
    1. Money
    2. Money
    3. Money

Ain't it always money>LOL
  • dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    Jason P said:

Not even the women?
    The US vs Canada game on Valentine's Day is going to be intense!

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited December 2017
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    Jason P said:

Not even the women?
    I never really watched women's hockey. I just fast forward through the whole game, stopping only when I see someone scored to enjoy the celebration, and then watch the last 3 minutes of the game. I don't think women's hockey is particularly entertaining I'm afraid. I guess I'm supposed to like it, as a woman - it's not very PC of me at all, lol. And now that the NHL players are out, that is what I'll be doing with the men's too. I suppose I am simply exclusively interested in the best hockey in the world. Anything less is meh.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    If Seattle wants a NHL team, the price will be $650 Million
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    The World Junior Tournament has been ruined.

Nobody is attending.  Prices are too high/ridiculous.  They also played with the stupid packages for too long (you need to buy all the games, then make smaller packages available, then finally sell individual game tickets at the last minute)... I love it, I bought packages the minute they went on sale... but anyone on the fence were priced out as well as Canadians with a weaker Canadian dollar and saturation of 2 overpriced tournaments in the past 3 years in TOR and MTL.