Pearl Jam / Seattle flag back in stock @ the 10club store & Easy Street Records

Comments

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    Are we thinking late February/early March for the PJ garden gnome sale?

I'm still holding out for the exclusive PJ toothbrush!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    JojoRice said:
    Are we thinking late February/early March for the PJ garden gnome sale?

I'm still holding out for the exclusive PJ toothbrush!
    It’ll sell out before you get your hands on it.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Added a few more to shop.
    slh
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    Added a few more to shop.
    slh
    Excellent! Please help support the Arts, folks.
    (and, buy now or whine later...)
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Added a few more to shop.
    slh
    Cool!
    Shipping confirmation received! :)
    Sold out!
  • demetrios said:
    Sold out!
    People really like them flags, huh?
    demetrios said:
    Sold out!
    Yep. I like 'em. 
  • EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    demetrios said:
    Sold out!
    I generally don't buy anything that says Pearl Jam that isn't an album, concert ticket, or poster, but I'm a big fan of that flag.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
    Here's hoping Arts Corps makes a Pearl Jam / Canada flag. I'll buy a few of those.
    I will too!
    That would look cool as hell with that big, beautiful Maple leaf!
  • kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218

shecky said:
    I will too!
    That would look cool as hell with that big, beautiful Maple leaf!
    demetrios said:
    Here's hoping Arts Corps makes a Pearl Jam / Canada flag. I'll buy a few of those.
    Maybe if they play Rogers Centre in Toronto, they can incorporate a Blue Jays logo like the Mariners logo too. Tie in for the rumoured stadium tour this summer/fall?

'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I'm very patriotic, and although I disagree with almost all of pj's politics, I appreciate their patriotism as well.

I just see this flag as an artistic representation. I don't take any offense to the changes or see any political agenda in the design. Bought one for my brother and myself.
    october22 said:
    I'm very patriotic, and although I disagree with almost all of pj's politics, I appreciate their patriotism as well.

I just see this flag as an artistic representation. I don't take any offense to the changes or see any political agenda in the design. Bought one for my brother and myself.
    I agree with you 100%.
    Sometimes art is just art, without an agenda or a double meaning.
    And the fact that sales of these flags benefits the Arts Corps makes it an all around winner!
    Thanks Ten Club and Arts Corps.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I agree with this ^^^^
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Commies!!!!

:)
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    shecky said:
    october22 said:

I agree with you 100%.
    And the fact that sales of these flags benefits the Arts Corps makes it an all around winner!
    Any art that's worthy of the name has meaning, at least to the artist. I doubt that that collection of stars and stripes, colours and shapes, is random. Maybe some day the artist will release some information on what s/he had in mind, and maybe not. That's all fine. I don't see any grounds for anyone to be offended, but even if they were....... well, art can do that. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    https://pearljam.com/shop/featured-items/pearl-jam-seattle-flag

Sorry, we are currently out of stock.

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE VIA EASY STREET RECORDS IN WEST SEATTLE
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    edited December 2017
    shecky said:kio
    october22 said:

I agree with you 100%.
    Any art that's worthy of the name has meaning, at least to the artist. I doubt that that collection of stars and stripes, colours and shapes, is random. Maybe some day the artist will release some information on what s/he had in mind, and maybe not. That's all fine. I don't see any grounds for anyone to be offended, but even if they were....... well, art can do that. 

Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man. Sometimes the meaning is: "because it looks cool." Of course none or us can say definitively,  but why can't it just be a flag? 

I get the feeling like a lot of people who are politically anti-US are just dying for this flag to have some deeper meaning to it other than the original intent of the stars and stripes. I think it was Spiritual Chaos who posted earlier the Jeff Daniel's meme with some negative stats about the US. What's the point of that here in a thread about flag merch? Would you do that if they produced any other country's flag?

So there might be some pro-US merchandise here. They're an American band! Does it really bother some of you that much that you must find some hidden message in it?

Post edited by october22 on
  • LN241653LN241653 Cambridge Posts: 163
    I’m not American and have no political agenda on this flag but I’ve brought it purely because I think it looks really cool, kinda think that’s how everybody should look at it.
    I bought mine because I like the design, too.
    I think people should look at art anyway they want to.

Stone Gossard

Organizer: VITALOGY FOUNDATION

Here's The Story:

Project: Stone Gossard, ArtsCorps

Stone Gossard has funded Seattle-based the Arts Corps organization since its inception in 2000. Its programs are designed to break down barriers to equitable arts experiences for underserved youth in kindergarten through 12th grade. Classes are offered inside and outside of the Seattle Public School system, taught by respected community artists working across multiple genres including Visual Arts, Music, Movement, Theatre, Poetry, and more.

Arts Corps reaches over 2,500 K-12 students in South Seattle and South King County each year. Approximately 72% of their students come from low-income families and 84% are youth of color. Arts Corps is a force for justice in a region where race is the greatest predictor of whether a young person has access to an arts education. In 2012, Arts Corps was awarded the nation€™s highest honor in community-based arts education by the White House, The National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award. The City of Seattle also honored Arts Corps with the Martin Luther King, Jr. Award for commitment to the ideals of Dr. King, as well as the inaugural award for Excellence in Arts Education.

• demetrios said:

Stone Gossard

Here's The Story:

Stone Gossard has funded Seattle-based the Arts Corps organization since its inception in 2000. Its programs are designed to break down barriers to equitable arts experiences for underserved youth in kindergarten through 12th grade. Classes are offered inside and outside of the Seattle Public School system, taught by respected community artists working across multiple genres including Visual Arts, Music, Movement, Theatre, Poetry, and more.

Arts Corps reaches over 2,500 K-12 students in South Seattle and South King County each year. Approximately 72% of their students come from low-income families and 84% are youth of color. Arts Corps is a force for justice in a region where race is the greatest predictor of whether a young person has access to an arts education. In 2012, Arts Corps was awarded the nation€™s highest honor in community-based arts education by the White House, The National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award. The City of Seattle also honored Arts Corps with the Martin Luther King, Jr. Award for commitment to the ideals of Dr. King, as well as the inaugural award for Excellence in Arts Education.

No actual story about the flag though.  Good job at giving information without actually GIVING information, lol!

I don't do flags but I would like a sticker please!
    demetrios said:

Stone Gossard

Here's The Story:

No actual story about the flag though.  Good job at giving information without actually GIVING information, lol!

Just a little background on Arts Corps which Stone supports. Posted over @ Crowdrise.

Wonder if anyone received any from 10club yet. Maybe 10club included a sticker with every flag order purchase?
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    Demetrios,
    Wonder if anyone received any from 10club yet. Maybe 10club included a sticker with every flag order purchase. 

Ill let you know soon. Out for delivery today. 
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    The flag is kick ass!
    But no sticker with my order. 

KW6232 said:
    Demetrios,
    Wonder if anyone received any from 10club yet. Maybe 10club included a sticker with every flag order purchase. 

Ill let you know soon. Out for delivery today. 

KW6232 said:
    The flag is kick ass!
    But no sticker with my order. 
    Thanks for the update!
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

Stone Gossard

Here's The Story:

Just a little background on Arts Corps which Stone supports. Posted over @ Crowdrise.

Wonder if anyone received any from 10club yet. Maybe 10club included a sticker with every flag order purchase?
    The sticker is stuck to the outside bag when purchasing from East Street.