PRAGUE - tips, hints, beers, meet ups... etc ...

Comments

• alesekalesek Posts: 809
    We are in talks to book some live music for our night on Saturday  30/6 meet up... PJ related, obviously... The whole building could be ours. Troubled souls unite?
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • coach4tlcoach4tl Posts: 143
    alesek said:
    We are in talks to book some live music for our night on Saturday  30/6 meet up... PJ related, obviously... The whole building could be ours. Troubled souls unite?
    Czech karaoke?
  • alesekalesek Posts: 809
    coach4tl said:
    alesek said:
    Czech karaoke?
    Anything will do during that long pause after the Rome gig ...:)

14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Schmakt said:
    I tried looking that up for random dates the other day, and it looks like about $100USD each way and b/t 7.5 and 11 hours...

OK that's what I was seeing.  Thank you.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    coach4tl said:
    Schmakt said:
    I tried looking that up for random dates the other day, and it looks like about $100USD each way and b/t 7.5 and 11 hours...
    Nope, not the case at all. You'll be able to book round trip from Prague to Krakow for <$30. The problem is you can't book until less than 90 days out.

Wow.....Hope to be able to do that!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
    pearljim said:
    coach4tl said:
    Schmakt said:
    Nope, not the case at all. You'll be able to book round trip from Prague to Krakow for <$30. The problem is you can't book until less than 90 days out.

@alesek and I are working on another alternative for the Prague --> Krakow --> Berlin crowd so stay tuned...
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    edited December 2017
    coach4tl said:
    pearljim said:
    coach4tl said:
    Schmakt said:

@alesek and I are working on another alternative for the Prague --> Krakow --> Berlin crowd so stay tuned...
    Count me in. I also sent an email to a transport agency asking what a bus would cost for the trip Prague to Krakow to Berlin. Let's see what we can get.. altough it could be much easier if this is organised by local people.
    Post edited by deftones on
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    alesek said:
    Summer will be great!  B)
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    coach4tl said:
    pearljim said:
    coach4tl said:
    Schmakt said:

Bravo guys..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    coach4tl said:
    pearljim said:
    coach4tl said:
    Schmakt said:

Does that mean I should look for a Berlin ticket now? :o=)=)
    Suziemay said:
    coach4tl said:
    pearljim said:
    coach4tl said:
    Schmakt said:

Commence arm twisting...
  • BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy San Diego Posts: 388
    coach4tl said:
    pearljim said:
    coach4tl said:
    Schmakt said:

Go go gadget community!!
    coach4tl said:
    Suziemay said:
    coach4tl said:
    pearljim said:
    coach4tl said:
    Schmakt said:

Commence arm twisting...
    Ahh, you're killing me :anguished:
  • Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    Suziemay said:
    coach4tl said:
    Commence arm twisting...
    Ahh, you're killing me :anguished:
     =) 
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Miss.SnowdropMiss.Snowdrop Scotland Posts: 192
    coach4tl said:
    pearljim said:
    coach4tl said:
    Schmakt said:

Yes! Brilliant idea. I was kind of hoping for that.
  • Which is better for a hotel and for transport to the venue Prague 1 or 2 ?
    Which is better for a hotel and for transport to the venue Prague 1 or 2 ?
    Well...that a tough one to answer. P1 will be more expensive in the summer and as someone living in Prague I always prefer P2 as it's got a little more character than the tourist areas. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I can help.
    coach4tl said:
    Well...that a tough one to answer. P1 will be more expensive in the summer and as someone living in Prague I always prefer P2 as it's got a little more character than the tourist areas. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I can help.
    @BlueLedbetter, you can use GoogleMaps to look into this too, I was in Prague recently and the metro and tram info on GoogleMaps was spot on! Just be aware that Metro and some trams stop running at a certain point (I think around midnight?) so you'll want to make sure that there's a late-night tram that runs from O2 to your hotel.
  • Suziemay said:
    coach4tl said:
    @BlueLedbetter, you can use GoogleMaps to look into this too, I was in Prague recently and the metro and tram info on GoogleMaps was spot on! Just be aware that Metro and some trams stop running at a certain point (I think around midnight?) so you'll want to make sure that there's a late-night tram that runs from O2 to your hotel.
    Thanks Suzie
  • coach4tl said:
    Sending a PM coach thanks
  • coach4tl said:
    This would be awesome!
    And by the way, this is a fantastic thread :)
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    coach4tl said:
    pearljim said:
    coach4tl said:
    Schmakt said:

I'm hoping l can make it over and if i can, those are the 3 shows i'll be going to.

If i understand the time for the Public sale, Prague goes on sale Friday at 12-Midnight my time?(I live on the East coast in the USA)
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    cutz said:
    coach4tl said:
    pearljim said:
    coach4tl said:
    Schmakt said:

I'm hoping l can make it over and if i can, those are the 3 shows i'll be going to.

If i understand the time for the Public sale, Prague goes on sale Friday at 12-Midnight my time?(I live on the East coast in the USA)
    No it is 12:00pm CET and would be 6:00 am Eastern. 

Anyone else click on the ticket info link and get sent to Ticketportal's website? I thought the best site would be to use Livenation. What site do the presale link send you too?

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    PJNB said:
    cutz said:
    coach4tl said:
    pearljim said:
    coach4tl said:
    Schmakt said:

No it is 12:00pm CET and would be 6:00 am Eastern. 

Anyone else click on the ticket info link and get sent to Ticketportal's website? I thought the best site would be to use Livenation. What site do the presale link send you too?

Thank you. I knew Prague was at least 5 hours ahead of me, but i was wondering if they sold ther tickets at night time. Thanks for the heads-up.

Yeah, what is the best link?

• Also doing Prague and Krakow, cannot wait. Train for us as well!!
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Seems there will be a lot of us on trains!! Are people thinking the overnighter is a better option? Saves a night in a hotel but less sleep.... 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Seems there will be a lot of us on trains!! Are people thinking the overnighter is a better option? Saves a night in a hotel but less sleep.... 
    Never been on an all night train. I was going to in Italy for the solo shows this year with my wife but the reviews where awful. Maybe if we filled a whole train up with fans it would be a great idea and not have to worry about randoms. Also I read that they are in the works of something for those doing the Prague - Krakow - Berlin trip. Not sure what they are thinking but a dedicated PJ bus would be sweet!
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    @alesek Any opinion on Grandior Hotel Prague Na Porici 42? Got a real great deal on expedia, just wondering about location. Thx
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

PJNB said:
    Seems there will be a lot of us on trains!! Are people thinking the overnighter is a better option? Saves a night in a hotel but less sleep.... 
    Never been on an all night train. I was going to in Italy for the solo shows this year with my wife but the reviews where awful. Maybe if we filled a whole train up with fans it would be a great idea and not have to worry about randoms. Also I read that they are in the works of something for those doing the Prague - Krakow - Berlin trip. Not sure what they are thinking but a dedicated PJ bus would be sweet!
    Bingo...
    teskeinc said:
    @alesek Any opinion on Grandior Hotel Prague Na Porici 42? Got a real great deal on expedia, just wondering about location. Thx
    Location isn't terrible, 10 minute walk to the Old Town area. The plus side is you're close to the metro line that will drop you off at the venue.