Wrigley Bootlegs...

124»

Comments

• RP112579 said:
    Got my CDs from Nugs today. They are silver pressed.
    Did you preorder as soon as they were in the shop?

• RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    RP112579 said:
    Did you preorder as soon as they were in the shop?

Within the first hour or so.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • tup30tup30 Posts: 115
    got wrigley 1 yesterday! 

both nights were silver pressed

• foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 717
    RP112579 said:
    me too
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Supposed to be delivered tomorrow! I hate wishing the next 24 hours away but I can hardly wait!! Been wanting these babies for over a year!
    God dammit!!!  Now the package is delayed.  It was supposed to be delivered yesterday but all day long the tracking just said on its way from Baltimore to my post office. It never updated once.  As of this morning it's now fucking delayed with no update as to when delivery might be.  I fucking swear!!!

WHY CAN'T I EVER GET ANYTHING I ORDER IN A TIMELY FUCKING FASHION AROUND HERE???!!!!!!

:anguished::anguished::anguished:
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ That sucks man. Bad luck. I know this doesn’t help matters, but i did finally get mine yesterday. 
    I'm just gonna hope for a surprise when I get home tonight.  Usually when I get mad and yell at things, they end up immediately working out.  Hope the pattern continues.
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    I'm just gonna hope for a surprise when I get home tonight.  Usually when I get mad and yell at things, they end up immediately working out.  Hope the pattern continues.

Corey, not sure if you got the MP3 versions yet but if you haven't, I have them and can send them to you while you're patiently waiting for the CDs. Let me know brosif.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
    mschostok said:

Corey, not sure if you got the MP3 versions yet but if you haven't, I have them and can send them to you while you're patiently waiting for the CDs. Let me know brosif.
    Thanks man, I appreciate it!!  My streak continues, they were actually in my mailbox!  Importing them now!
    mschostok said:

Thanks man, I appreciate it!!  My streak continues, they were actually in my mailbox!  Importing them now!
    Glad to hear it! That’s awesome! I’m going to try your tactic in the future and just yell at things when I’m mad and hope it gets fixed ;) 
    bbiggs said:
    mschostok said:

Glad to hear it! That’s awesome! I’m going to try your tactic in the future and just yell at things when I’m mad and hope it gets fixed ;) 
    The trade-off is you often end up looking like a fool in the end, but it’s worth the momentary sacrifice in pride to me.
  • PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    I've been listening to night 2...super performances. One thing about this boot I don't like is that the tracks have space between them. In the past, you never knew when the track advanced unless you're watching the playback device. It sounded like you're listening to the concert continuously. With this one, the pauses are very distracting to the experience of listening to a boot, imo, and disrupts the flow.

For example...you hear the count off to Black Red and Yellow twice...once at the end of the previous track (which I don't recall atm), and once at the start of the BRY track. Oversight? Intentional? Either way, it's not the boot experience I believe most of us would expect or prefer.

And, if it is true that they are doctoring and fixing the boots, I suppose it shouldn't really matter, but it is a bit of a let down. I like the mistakes, it makes it more awesome when everyone nails a song start to finish.

Happy Friday, all, and if you're still waiting on boots, I hope you get them soon!
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    It would be cool if we could get these boots through iTunes.  I don't really have a CD player anymore and I can't put iTunes on my computer to upload files to my phone.  Downloading directly to my phone would be ideal.  Hmmm....
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    PJinIL said:
    I've been listening to night 2...super performances. One thing about this boot I don't like is that the tracks have space between them. In the past, you never knew when the track advanced unless you're watching the playback device. It sounded like you're listening to the concert continuously. With this one, the pauses are very distracting to the experience of listening to a boot, imo, and disrupts the flow.

For example...you hear the count off to Black Red and Yellow twice...once at the end of the previous track (which I don't recall atm), and once at the start of the BRY track. Oversight? Intentional? Either way, it's not the boot experience I believe most of us would expect or prefer.

And, if it is true that they are doctoring and fixing the boots, I suppose it shouldn't really matter, but it is a bit of a let down. I like the mistakes, it makes it more awesome when everyone nails a song start to finish.

Happy Friday, all, and if you're still waiting on boots, I hope you get them soon!
    I suppose you're talking about the actual CD's, not mp3, right? Because what you described are clearly unintentional mistakes, and they should be fixed for sure.
    Gotta agree, I'm not a fan of the fade outs on a lot of the tracks.
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 646
    How do you know if they are silver pressed or not?
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    WHAT??!
    Looks like they either had some problems during the manifacturing/pressing/burning process, or they really chopped up these concerts in a bad way.. I heard i got a feeling is incomplete too.. really a bummer if it's true.
    WHAT??!
    Looks like they either had some problems during the manifacturing/pressing/burning process, or they really chopped up these concerts in a bad way.. I heard i got a feeling is incomplete too.. really a bummer if it's true.
    I haven’t listened to both boots in their entirety yet, but what I have listened to flows perfectly with no interruptions. I have the CDs but imported them to iTunes and have only listened to those versions. 
    bbiggs said:
    WHAT??!
    I haven’t listened to both boots in their entirety yet, but what I have listened to flows perfectly with no interruptions. I have the CDs but imported them to iTunes and have only listened to those versions. 
    That’s what I’ve done. There’s fadeouts on nearly 2 of every 3 tracks on mine.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited December 2017
    So these bootlegs have fades, and are edited? Hmmm. Interesting.
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    FLAC download here and no fades or gaps... maybe somehow the cds got the Lets Play Two soundtrack versions of those songs?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • FLAC download here and no fades or gaps... maybe somehow the cds got the Lets Play Two soundtrack versions of those songs?
    This was my thought. This is gonna sound weird, but I got the Alac Hd versions and they sound great with normal playback on computer and off of my phone. But I burned them onto CD’s, and I can hear some of what people are describing. I don’t hear any fades or weird transitions, but the tracks that were on the soundtrack are leveled differently. Most notably, they are significantly louder. But again, I didn’t notice this listening to the Alac Hd versions. 
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    I've gotta say, Night 2 Immortality is pure magic. One of the better versions I've heard in a while.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

Please fix these before the 2016 Box Set is shipped

Thank you!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• VanEyckVanEyck Posts: 171
    jdopj said:
    I have the same question - is it the way the paint side looks? Or the numeric code/lack of code in the inner rim? Or the color of the disc surface itself?

Thanks in advance for any help figuring this out!
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    VanEyck said:
    jdopj said:
    I have the same question - is it the way the paint side looks? Or the numeric code/lack of code in the inner rim? Or the color of the disc surface itself?

Thanks in advance for any help figuring this out!
    It's the color of the substrate itself. If you look at the bottom side of the disc and it's silver, absolutely no color, then it's pressed. If it's slightly yellow, blue, green or purple, it's a burned disc.

Bootleg CDs were being fulfilled with Taiyo-Yuden archival CD-Rs for a while (not sure if this was Nugs at that time). They're aqua color on the bottom, with a frosted center ring.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
    As MIke D88 said, the disc is silver, no hue.

But also, the label side of the disc is either sublimated or screen printed.  CD-Rs are inkjet/laser printed.