Trump dismantling our National Monuments

2»

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Piece of shit he is. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Drill baby, drill
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

pathetic & evil

at this moment President Theodore Roosevelt is having a fit   

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    Jason P said:
    You get what ask for.

Trump couldn't give two shits for the preservation of land. He has no appreciation or understanding of the value.

He's a f**king idiot. Why'd you guys elect him?
    Maybe Hillary should have visited Wisconsin during the election instead of her book tour.

Too bad about Escalante.   Just flat out beautiful country that people want to strip mine
    Maybe the people of Wisconsin shouldn't have been so fucking stupid when they pulled the lever.

But then again, these cheeseheads elected Scott Walker.  
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited December 2017
    chadwick said:

pathetic & evil

at this moment President Theodore Roosevelt is having a fit   

This is BULLSHIT....

Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    my2hands said:
    Drill baby, drill
    I'd like to drill his fucking skull with a diamond tipped masonry bit.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    my2hands said:
    Drill baby, drill
    That's a little excessive don't you think? No need to waste a good diamond tip where a wooden spoon would be just as effective with that rotted leaking gourd. :jack_o_lantern:
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    tbergs said:
    my2hands said:
    Drill baby, drill
    That's a little excessive don't you think? No need to waste a good diamond tip where a wooden spoon would be just as effective with that rotted leaking gourd. :jack_o_lantern:
    Either will do just fine!

It's like this friend of mine says, "I don't at all like using the word 'hate' but I find myself doing it a lot lately".  It is hard not to hate the man.

But rather than waste that energy, I hope we all use a little of it to speak out to save our parks and wild lands.  When people talk about America being great, our National Parks are one of the first things that come to mind.  They are treasures.  We would do well to treasure them.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    why is anybody surprised? he said he was gonna do it, and he did.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    why is anybody surprised? he said he was gonna do it, and he did.
    Not surprised, gimme, so much as just beyond hugely disappointed that we've come to this.  The idea that someone would even consider desecrating one of the most beautiful places on earth is beyond comprehension.  Only a purely evil mind could do what Trump has done.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    It’s not about nature... it’s all about money.  Money is evil, Trump is the devil.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    PP193448 said:
    It’s not about nature... it’s all about money.  Money is evil, Trump is the devil.
    When you support Herr dRumpf you support evil
    When you support evil you are evil
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,813
    So he has a stronger affinity for Confederate monuments than US monuments.  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    ^^PP, Bp, OW, all so true!

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Brian, this angers me so much I don't even know what to say about it. I mean.... I know you know how I feel. This is unspeakable, really. Extremely upsetting. I'm just glad it's being challenged. Of course, I never hold too much hope for First Nations to win a fucking legal battle against the fucking US government. History hasn't been kind in that regard to say the least. :disappointed:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Brian, this angers me so much I don't even know what to say about it. I mean.... I know you know how I feel. This is unspeakable, really. Extremely upsetting. I'm just glad it's being challenged. Of course, I never hold too much hope for First Nations to win a fucking legal battle against the fucking US government. History hasn't been kind in that regard to say the least. :disappointed:
    Well said, PJ_S, I know how you feel and share those feelings.  It's beyond words.

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    edited December 2017
    brianlux said:
    This thread is for concerns for our National Monuments.  I believe this issue warrants a separate thread. 

Do you ever get so angry over an issue that you find it hard even to type?  That's how I feel as of this writing.  Trump is making strong efforts to reduce or outright eliminate some of our National Parks and Monuments. 

First up:  Utah's Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monuments.  If you've ever visited these regions, you'll understand how egregiously fucked up Trump's efforts are to reduce these monuments and open them up to drilling and mining.  Only someone who hates nature and beauty could do such a thing.  This is outrageous.

Read it and weep:

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/12/trump-shrinks-bears-ears-grand-staircase-escalante-national-monuments/

I spent last summer on a solo road trip in my jeep. Camped every night. Carlsbad Caverns, White Sands National Monument, Grand Canyon, Utah’s Mighty Five with others and the Grand Staircase mixed in. While many of those are national parks the idea that the Federal Government knows what’s best for these lands is absolute nonsense. Trump has it right...they should be under state and local control. The people of Utah do a damn fine job of maintaing both their state and national parks and they will do a damn fine job of managing Bears Ears and Grand Staircase. Anybody who suggets they don’t care about their environment is telling an ugly lie. There is room for industry and the environment to coexist. If you truthfully spend the time there you will recognize that.
  • BS44325 said:
    brianlux said:
    This thread is for concerns for our National Monuments.  I believe this issue warrants a separate thread. 

Do you ever get so angry over an issue that you find it hard even to type?  That's how I feel as of this writing.  Trump is making strong efforts to reduce or outright eliminate some of our National Parks and Monuments. 

First up:  Utah's Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monuments.  If you've ever visited these regions, you'll understand how egregiously fucked up Trump's efforts are to reduce these monuments and open them up to drilling and mining.  Only someone who hates nature and beauty could do such a thing.  This is outrageous.

Read it and weep:

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/12/trump-shrinks-bears-ears-grand-staircase-escalante-national-monuments/

I spent last summer on a solo road trip in my jeep. Camped every night. Carlsbad Caverns, White Sands National Monument, Grand Canyon, Utah’s Mighty Five with others and the Grand Staircase mixed in. While many of those are national parks the idea that the Federal Government knows what’s best for these lands is absolute nonsense. Trump has it right...they should be under state and local control. The people of Utah do a damn fine job of maintaing both their state and national parks and they will do a damn fine job of managing Bears Ears and Grand Staircase. Anybody who suggets they don’t care about their environment is telling an ugly lie. There is room for industry and the environment to coexist. If you truthfully spend the time there you will recognize that.
    You mean like the Keystone Pipeline? And the mine tailings waste reservoir left behind by the mining company in Colorado? Or the plethora of Superfund sites across the US that were created when "local" control of the environment was the only control? Check out the water crisis in white, middle class Michigan for what "local" control of the environment can lead to.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    BS44325 said:
    brianlux said:

Read it and weep:

You mean like the Keystone Pipeline? And the mine tailings waste reservoir left behind by the mining company in Colorado? Or the plethora of Superfund sites across the US that were created when "local" control of the environment was the only control? Check out the water crisis in white, middle class Michigan for what "local" control of the environment can lead to.
    Hmmmm...sounds like a lot of places where big EPA failed to do it’s job. You see that’s what happens when the federal government asserts more and more control...unaccountable bureaucrats removed from local problems end up compounding negligence. It is interesting though...you think Trump is idiot Hitler but you’re happy to have him run everything. Makes lots of sense.

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    brianlux said:

Read it and weep:

Hmmmm...sounds like a lot of places where big EPA failed to do it’s job. You see that’s what happens when the federal government asserts more and more control...unaccountable bureaucrats removed from local problems end up compounding negligence. It is interesting though...you think Trump is idiot Hitler but you’re happy to have him run everything. Makes lots of sense.

tRump is the one prodding to de-fund EPA Superfund sights. That's a dereliction of duty on all levels. 

Unaccountable bureaucrats removed from local problems?  Wtf is Congress then?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    brianlux said:

Read it and weep:

I don't trust Trump to run anything. I trusted the scientists and dedicated government employees of the EPA, BLM, USFS and the local employees of government agencies to do the right thing in the best interests of all, with some sembalence of balance. Not a federal neocon government that doesn't believe in climate change. So, the government bureaucrats caused the Keystone Pipeline leak? Or was it Canadian business bureaucrats removed from the locale that caused it?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    CM189191 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    brianlux said:

Read it and weep:

tRump is the one prodding to de-fund EPA Superfund sights. That's a dereliction of duty on all levels. 

Pretty sure congress is elected locally but I don’t know...I’m just a dumb unaffected Canadian.
    edited December 2017
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    brianlux said:

Read it and weep:

I don't trust Trump to run anything. I trusted the scientists and dedicated government employees of the EPA, BLM, USFS and the local employees of government agencies to do the right thing in the best interests of all, with some sembalence of balance. Not a federal neocon government that doesn't believe in climate change. So, the government bureaucrats caused the Keystone Pipeline leak? Or was it Canadian business bureaucrats removed from the locale that caused it?
    The current belief is that the pipeline might have been damaged in that portion during installation and that weights used to keep the pipeline in place contributed to that damage. So to answer your question it was neither the government bureaucrat or the Canadian who is responsible for the leak. That leak withstanding the local population can rationally decide whether a very rare leak secondary to an installation defect should end any future pipeline construction. They can weigh the risks of another pipeline spill vs a train derailment and still come to the same conclusion of continuing with pipelines. You on the other hand would prefer an EPA that stops pipelines yet allows flammables hurtle through small towns that it’s bureaucrats don’t live in at high speeds.

• BS44325 said:
    CM189191 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    brianlux said:

Read it and weep:

Pretty sure congress is elected locally but I don’t know...I’m just a dumb unaffected Canadian.
    Well, you did believe those brilliant headlines would disappear shortly after the inauguration. But you self identified so I’ll give you that.

Brilliantati©
    edited December 2017
    BS44325 said:
    brianlux said:

Read it and weep:

You really think that's what this is about?  And you really can't tell I'm familiar with these places?  I don't know man.  You're reaching here.  But OK, I suppose we should have an opposing view though.  Got it.
    Post edited by brianlux on

The Natural Resources Defense Council (a non-profit environmental advocacy group that's been given highest ratings for its three rating categories-- overall, financial practices, and accountability & transparency) has set up a fund to help with legal cost to fight Trump's attacks on environment and protection of National Monuments. 

I know it's a busy time of year and for some, money is tight, but for those who are interested in making a donation to NRDC to help cover legal costs to fight Trump on this (and yes we did, definitely so)  perhaps consider doing so here (and yes, I'm sorry, asking for money is not my thing.  I hate doing it, but in this case, I had to do it):

https://act.nrdc.org/donate/monuments-appeal-171201?source=WBSNMOPET&_ga=2.115985729.670531382.1512626059-1245009191.1512626059