Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I guess I feel ashamed to say this but I listened to "elephant" for the first time ever today.....mind blown.  what an absolute fantastic album!!!  I think I like this one better than white blood cells.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mcgruff10 said:
    I guess I feel ashamed to say this but I listened to "elephant" for the first time ever today.....mind blown.  what an absolute fantastic album!!!  I think I like this one better than white blood cells.
    But not better than Icky!

His records are great. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    Does this mean you have or haven't listened to De Stijl?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I revisited GBMS recently. not a big fan. I appreciate the experimentation, but it's not my fave. probably my least. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The only two white stripes albums I've listened to are white blood cells and elephant.  I suck lol.
    Should I go with de stijl  or icky next?
    I have been listening to the peel sessions and under great northern lights; both are excellent!
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    kasedoug said:
    After getting the last four complimentary, felt it was only right to renew last night.
    how'd you manage that?
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/260240/music-city-animal-advocates-silent-auction-pearl-jam-live-at-third-man-records#latest
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    First 2 White Stripes records are the best to me.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    First 2 White Stripes records are the best to me.
    so much good music I need to listen too!
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The only two white stripes albums I've listened to are white blood cells and elephant.  I suck lol.
    I have been listening to the peel sessions and under great northern lights; both are excellent!
    Very different albums.  Icky is the most "production" whereas De S is very raw,  since it's 2nd. It's similar to the vibe of Peel Sessions.  Several songs from DS are on Peel. 

I personally like Icky.  Record two is just about perfect to me,  but DS is awesome.  Can't go wrong.  
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I like de stijl more than Icky, but both are great. There actually isn't a WS album that I don't think is great though. I don't think anyone can go wrong with any of them.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    I like de stijl more than Icky, but both are great. There actually isn't a WS album that I don't think is great though. I don't think anyone can go wrong with any of them.
    is "get behind me satan" their weakest album?

mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Very different albums.  Icky is the most "production" whereas De S is very raw,  since it's 2nd. It's similar to the vibe of Peel Sessions.  Several songs from DS are on Peel. 

I personally like Icky.  Record two is just about perfect to me,  but DS is awesome.  Can't go wrong.  
    ok i'm going to have to listen to them too!  I think my vinyl list is gonna be:
    next up is definitely elephant.
    then I'll give icky and ds a listen to and decide from there.  

I'm typing this and listening to his acoustic album; I'm so pissed it took me so long to discover jack white/white stripes.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    No, it might be their best.
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    No way. Although I don't really know what their "weakest" album is... I don't think they have a weak album at all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    They are all great in their own.  The first album is my least favorite tbh... but still very good. 
    DewieCox said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    No, it might be their best.
    damn it, just another album i need to listen too!
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    My favorite as well.  It’s my no code of the ws 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    PJ Live at Third Man Records vinyl up in the TMR Novelty Shop for $50 if anyone needs a copy
    edited November 2017
    jjflash said:
    PJ Live at Third Man Records vinyl up in the TMR Novelty Shop for $50 if anyone needs a copy
    Huh. I guess that vault was a big waste of money for me then, since I had no interest in any other part of that package. I only wanted the LP. That's a tad irksome. Oh well.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    If I had more disposable income I would have all of em' but alas' not the case!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    White Stripes Rising Sun is also up in the shop.

• Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    They just posted a whole bunch of records in Vault Novelties. 
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    We're Going To Be Friends: Special Edition [Book] is up too
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Just got a taste of the new record or more like a tease.
    #FHP
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Horos said:
    And?

• Horos said:
    I hear lots of Dead Weather in there.  Loving it.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Hobbes said:
    Horos said:
    And?

https://thirdmanrecords.com/
    Its right on TMR home page if you want to listen 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Thanks. I didn't bother looking around the interwebs. Figured someone would provide a link for my lazy ass. :lol: 

https://youtu.be/QClzlZTXj4Y
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Lot going on in that video, sounds very cool though.  Is this going to be a double album because there seemed to be a lot of different previews in the clip.  
    That was my thought, too. A lot going on in that clip.