2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,618
    jmug23 said:
    pulling69 said:
    jmug23 said:
    Hey Dimi, is the New Zealand / Australia thing really happening in early 2019? I’m all over that trip if they tour down there. Thanks. 
    Stop acting like this dude is some sort of insider with info.... It is laughable.
    You can call it whatever u want, but he absolutely has some insider info.  He knew about SA and Europe tour with dates and cities long before it was made public. And he’s done that for many past tours as well.  Nobody is saying he knows everything, but I for one really appreciate whenever he gives us some info because it helps my family plan and its just fun to hear where they are playing a head of time. 
    This^

I am very appreciative of any info we can get ahead of time
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    jmug23 said:
    pulling69 said:
    jmug23 said:
    Hey Dimi, is the New Zealand / Australia thing really happening in early 2019? I’m all over that trip if they tour down there. Thanks. 
    Stop acting like this dude is some sort of insider with info.... It is laughable.
    You can call it whatever u want, but he absolutely has some insider info.  He knew about SA and Europe tour with dates and cities long before it was made public. And he’s done that for many past tours as well.  Nobody is saying he knows everything, but I for one really appreciate whenever he gives us some info because it helps my family plan and its just fun to hear where they are playing a head of time. 
    This^

I am very appreciative of any info we can get ahead of time
    Agreed.  Keep them hints coming!
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    dottles said:
    Newsletter is giving good vibes with the "PJ Tour 2018", looking forward to a sun soaked summer and few shows in Europe! Hopefully a few festival dates. Should do Hyde Park again, there's a thought! 
    I really hope they don’t play Hyde Park again lol 
    Too big, and pants sound. Last time I was lucky enough to be with a group of great people, we effectively made our own atmosphere.
    Besides they didn’t sell out MK. 
    A couple of nights at the O2 would be grand.
    Throw in a smaller show either like Leeds or SBE (10C gig at the Eden Sessions = dream) and that would be even sweeter, but the O2 would do. 

I know what you mean but up front the atmosphere is great, stood well back for Tom Petty this year and the sound wasn't all there still enjoyed it. PJ Leeds sold out though! Even the two Manchester's in 2012 I think? O2 would be great, I would take it after four years. Too right!! I've never been to Eden for a show but that would be epic. Shepherd's Bush as well. 
    Hyde Park is a terrible venue. Never again please.

First Direct Arena in Leeds is superb. Would be happy to go there again one day.

Shepherds Bush Empire was a good night too. 
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    The Greek is the fucking man... with or without info... but DEFINITELY appreciate when anybody can share info
  • Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    my2hands said:
    The Greek is the fucking man... with or without info... but DEFINITELY appreciate when anybody can share info
    Damm true man!
    and also: have you heard Europe is back on? Ahahahaha  =)
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    thank you Dimi for helping us plan and giving us hope!!! There are thousands on this site who are very thankful, thousands!
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,711
    edited December 2017
    He absolutely does not have inside info.
    Great man and would help anyone and give anything but inside info 100%not . Just a normal guy. Ask him!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    He absolutely does not have inside info.
    Great man and would help anyone and give anything but inside info 100%not . Just a normal guy. Ask him!
    I’m not really following. He has repeatedly posted stuff that ended up coming true down the line. Case and point with Europ and SA. Nobody is saying he’s in with the band or anything, but he definitely tends to hear stuff early. There are probably hundreds if not thousands that have some sort of connection with the band through employees and friends and family of those employees. Things tend to leak. I personally have a friend that has close ties to one of the band members that occasionally leaks stuff to me. Not unthinkable to think people hear stuff early. Either that or Dimi is very good at guessing:) either way, much appreciated by me.  
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,618
    If anything, I think leaking a certain amount of info definitely helps build hype up for upcoming shows, which helps the band out 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

TOUR 2018 IS HERE!!!
  • my2hands said:
    Official guess... Summer Stadium Tour... 

LA
    SF
    Seattle
    Chicago
    Cleveland
    Toronto 
    Boston
    NYC
    Philly
    DC

Maybe add a few large outdoor ampitheaters like Alpine... and possibly that new small ampitheater in Missoula... and likely a festival or two 
    I have no sources, but I think this could happen.
    If these are Baseball Parks, does anyone know which ballparks require seats on the field? I.e. No GA for concerts?

LA
    SF
    Seattle
    Chicago - Wrigley has GA on field
    Cleveland
    Toronto 
    Boston - Seating on Fenway field. Fenway doesnt allow GA.
    NYC
    Philly
    DC

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I"m so jealous of all of you going to the European shows!!!
    Fingers crossed on some U.S. shows announced soon!  I need to hit 60 shows this year.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Hey guys! Took Padova and Rome
    240$ + 242$ thought would be cheaper haha
    (First time on 10c) but.. early entry is priceless! 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Just entered the draw for the Prague - Krakow - Berlin run, to be followed by a week chillin' out in Italy. Can't wait!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Hi, does anyone know why Ticketmaster UK and something called AXS both are selling the London shows when the public sale starts?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    edited December 2017
    kst said:
    Hi, does anyone know why Ticketmaster UK and something called AXS both are selling the London shows when the public sale starts?
    Doubt that's the case; one is probably the ticket outlet and the other probably leads you to them; two different ticketing engines.  AXS is in the US, they are tied to particular venues.

Edit:  Looks like it will be AXS.com with Ticketmaster linking to them.  This is from the O2 website: https://www.theo2.co.uk/about-us/about-aeg

Post edited by dmbolp on
  • bendhair23bendhair23 Posts: 103
    edited December 2017
    Any chance of a second show in Berlin? With the 4 days until the Barca show, and the band's history with Berlin.... I only ask because of travel arrangements. 

**Sorry for the mistake. I was going off the ticket odds page and it didn't have the Belgium show...
    Post edited by bendhair23 on
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Any chance of a second show in Berlin? With the 4 days until the Barca show, and the band's history with Berlin.... I only ask because of travel arrangements. 
    There's already a show on July 7 in Werchter, Belgium.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Hey guys! Took Padova and Rome
    240$ + 242$ thought would be cheaper haha
    (First time on 10c) but.. early entry is priceless! 
    Early entry is great! Just want to be sure that you know that price is for a pair of tickets. I am sure you are aware of this but some are not and I feel like 120$ with all fees included is not that bad to be honest to be front of the pack. 
  • monkeyphoenixmonkeyphoenix London Posts: 27
    Just wanted to say a general thanks to everyone on here who is posting useful info, be it rumours or ticket buying process. Fingers crossed I'll be lucky!
  • IZIIZI Kraków Posts: 101
    One question
     I know that is possible win only the one pair for one show but ...it's possible to sign two kinds of ticket for one show???And for example win only one???
    PJ 1996 Warszawa, 2000 Katowice 1 ,2007 Chorzów, 2010 Gdynia, 2014 Gdynia, 2018 Amsterdam 1+2, Londyn 1, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Londyn 2
    EV 2019 Amsterdam 1+2, Florence, Barolo, Berlin, Dusseldorf 
    IZI said:
    One question
     I know that is possible win only the one pair for one show but ...it's possible to sign two kinds of ticket for one show???And for example win only one???
    If am reading this right you are wondering if you can put in for both reserved and GA for the same show? If so then yes you can do that. Put reserved first if that is what you prefer if not you might as well not even put it in because GA will be a for sure. 
    PJNB said:
    IZI said:
    One question
    If am reading this right you are wondering if you can put in for both reserved and GA for the same show? If so then yes you can do that. Put reserved first if that is what you prefer if not you might as well not even put it in because GA will be a for sure. 
    So if I'm understand well... if I'm think about 3 shows I should sign GA for all 3 shows in position 1-3 and reserved seats 4-6 just in case ? For example Amsterdam GA is about 80%
    PJ 1996 Warszawa, 2000 Katowice 1 ,2007 Chorzów, 2010 Gdynia, 2014 Gdynia, 2018 Amsterdam 1+2, Londyn 1, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Londyn 2
    IZI said:
    PJNB said:
    IZI said:
    One question
    So if I'm understand well... if I'm think about 3 shows I should sign GA for all 3 shows in position 1-3 and reserved seats 4-6 just in case ? For example Amsterdam GA is about 80%
    If Amsterdam is on your list and you do want to do GA over reserved then put that as your number 1 priority. If you put it in that spot you should be get that show no problem unless you are extremely unlucky. The only other show that matters for GA and priority position right now is London 1 sitting at 95%. Not sure if you are going to this show but if you are put at priority 2. Everything else is 99% and you will have zero issues with getting tickets. 

With regards to putting reserved in positions 4-6 you can but they will be a non factor since you have no chance of winning those spots. That is why when you look at the Amsterdam reserved sitting at 9% the odds are actually a good amount better then shown. 
  • Amsterdam is the calmest crowd in Europe definitely G.A. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Thanks a lot.Everything clear.
    last question ... if I put Amsterdam in number one (GA) and didn't win it still possible to win reserved seats on position two?
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    Does anyone know of the odds are first preference only per show or does it take into second, third preference etc?
    Kearnsy
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,907
    Kearn5y said:
    Does anyone know of the odds are first preference only per show or does it take into second, third preference etc?

yeah would like to know this also because i only entered for Barcelona Seating
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    just_one said:
    Kearn5y said:

yeah would like to know this also because i only entered for Barcelona Seating
    I would back that up with standing
    Kearnsy
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    edited December 2017
    Kearn5y said:
    They count everything in
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018