Pearl Jam / Seattle flag back in stock @ the 10club store & Easy Street Records

Comments

• mcgruff10 said:

But what's the reason for selling a US flag with Pearl Jam written on it? This is as random as that sheep-toy.
    I"m guessing because they are from America.
    Cool. Still seems random. I guess there's sheep in America too though.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    RaNdOm ArT.
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    PP193448 said:
    Yeah what gives with the number stars/stripes??
    missing means what?  States with anti LBGT? No pot laws? States Trump has homes? States where the band does not like playing or Ed was too drunk to remember playing?
    DR252979 said:
    Washington is the 42 state admitted to The Union.....so this might be a s-t-r-e-c-h but 7 stripes + 35 stars = 42
    :)

When you count the black in between the red and white it’s 13 stripes.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    50 states - 15 Confederate States = 35.  35 Stars on this flag.  

15 Confederate States
    Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, Texas, North Carolina, South Carolina, Louisiana, Virginia
    Kentucky and Missouri were on both sides (or neutral)
    New Mexico Territory and Arizona Territory.

• PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited December 2017
    CopperTom said:

15 Confederate States
    Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, Texas, North Carolina, South Carolina, Louisiana, Virginia

And it’s a black flag instead of white...  think CopperTom just solved it.  
    Maybe Kaepernick will stand in front of this one??  :i_dunno:
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    PP193448 said:
    CopperTom said:

15 Confederate States

13 stripes = 13 colonies.  Only 7  stripes on this flag.

Only 7 colonies were actually slave-free at the time of the Emancipation Proclamation - Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island.  Maryland and Delaware were in the Union, but were actually slave states. 

Those are my guesses, folks.  This is more or less an Anti-Confederate flag.
  • There are 13 stripes? Only that they turned some black for design reasons?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    edited December 2017
    shecky said:
    I'm not patriotic but I can't buy this because of the altering of the flag.
    I am very patriotic, proudly fly my U.S. flag all the time and I'm not offended at all. I just bought several of these flags! I think it's visually the coolest thing Pearl Jam has put out in eons! The "Made in the U.S.A". quality looks incredible - even metal grommets in the left side corners. And it's a HUUUUGE 37" x 56"! Plus, "all proceeds go to Art Corp"! It's a win/win/win!!!
    Agreed! I usually think most of the non music merch is pretty lame but this is going to be a badass garage flag for sure.

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    CopperTom said:
    PP193448 said:
    CopperTom said:

15 Confederate States

Only 7 colonies were actually slave-free at the time of the Emancipation Proclamation - Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island.  Maryland and Delaware were in the Union, but were actually slave states. 

Thanks for the insight dude.  I had initially thought of the confederate thing, but I’m working now and too lazy to research it.  Good job.  :clap:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    35 stars equal 35 u.s. Shows this year. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,330
    Currently out of stock.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    DR252979 said:
    Washington is the 42 state admitted to The Union.....so this might be a s-t-r-e-c-h but 7 stripes + 35 stars = 42
    :)

Probably closer than anyone else on here. :lol:  

• sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    Maybe it's just art.
    shecky said:
    Maybe it's just art.
    Boring speculation.  Come on.  Try harder.  :rofl:  :rock_on:

From EasyStreetGuy: Support teachers of the arts. All children regardless of their socio economic struggle should have access to the arts and the structure to form creative habits and enrich their soul and life journey. Let's get em started early and provide encouragement and instill confidence in our Seattle youth Arts Corps Thank you art, dance, ceramic, music...teachers of Seattle. We at Easy Street Records are here to help out $. Anyone that buys Pearl Jam new Seattle Washington flag, OUT TODAY, know that all proceeds are going to #artscorps . Thank you #pearljam for giving back ...again, to your hometown and back to our youth. Loud love to....Jeff "The Truth" Ament for his tireless work and support of our young artists Tim Bierman  Vitalogy Foundation Youngstown Cultural Arts Center #columbiacityseattle Kisha Vaughan I better see u all in the shop #explorecreativity Ryan Cory @chaunosburn @soundandvisioneers
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mcgruff10 said:
    35 stars equal 35 u.s. Shows this year. 
    And 7 stripes for 7 additional stadium shows. :rofl:
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Wow.  Seems like Easy Street should be supporting grammar as well as the arts, that was hard to read.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    edited December 2017
    cmalisze said:
    demetrios said:
    Heard there is also a keychain Easy Street is selling? I seen the stickers. 
    Anyone see the keychain?
    On Twitter someone said they saw them there. Will ask someone to stop by and see if they have any extras.
  • shecky said:
    I am very patriotic, proudly fly my U.S. flag all the time and I'm not offended at all. I just bought several of these flags! I think it's visually the coolest thing Pearl Jam has put out in eons! The "Made in the U.S.A". quality looks incredible - even metal grommets in the left side corners. And it's a HUUUUGE 37" x 56"! Plus, "all proceeds go to Art Corp"! It's a win/win/win!!!
    I should have mentioned that I'm not a flag type pf person either, lol.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Jeff "The Truth" Ament :rock_on:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Yeah Matt confirmed there were no key chains. Stickers are free with every PJ Pop Up purchase. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Are we thinking late February/early March for the PJ garden gnome sale?

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Pap said:
    ?
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    Hoping 10C sends a sticker with each flag. 
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    edited December 2017
    my2hands said:
    Pap said:
    ?
    From EasyStreetGuy: Support teachers of the arts. All children regardless of their socio economic struggle should have access to the arts and the structure to form creative habits and enrich their soul and life journey. Let's get em started early and provide encouragement and instill confidence in our Seattle youth Arts Corps Thank you art, dance, ceramic, music...teachers of Seattle. We at Easy Street Records are here to help out $. Anyone that buys Pearl Jam new Seattle Washington flag, OUT TODAY, know that all proceeds are going to #artscorps . Thank you #pearljam for giving back ...again, to your hometown and back to our youth. Loud love to....Jeff "The Truth" Ament for his tireless work and support of our young artists Tim Bierman  Vitalogy Foundation Youngstown Cultural Arts Center #columbiacityseattle Kisha Vaughan I better see u all in the shop #explorecreativity Ryan Cory @chaunosburn @soundandvisioneers

Cool middle name! :wink:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Pap said:
    my2hands said:
    Pap said:
    ?

Cool middle name! :wink:
    The Truth is Paul Pierce...  Jeff would understand that.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    With something that big, I also don't dig the altering.  I see altering like that (for obvious reasons) on shit that's 3"x5" or those mini flags you hand-out to kids, but not on a big flag like that.  Whatever the story is behind it, I personally don't see why it can't be just a regular flag.  It sold out, though so good on the charity.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:

15 Confederate States

It there was no reason for the altering before, and they simply just didn't think about the design, they will definitely run this now. ha

Why Arts Corps?

Arts Corps is a nationally recognized youth arts education organization that works to address the race and income-based opportunity gap in access to arts education. Through participation in our arts integration, out-of-school arts and teen leadership programs, youth experience the transformative power of creativity and gain a deepened belief in their own capacity to learn, take risks, persist and achieve.

Arts Corps reaches over 2,500 K-12 students in South Seattle and South King County each year. Approximately 72% of our students come from low-income families and 84% are youth of color. Arts Corps is a force for justice in a region where race is greatest predictor of whether a young person has access to an arts education.

Arts Corps programs are proven to foster creative and critical thinking skills as well as sense of belonging, connection and mindsets for learning. Evaluation also suggests that Arts Corps students are more engaged in school and test better in reading and math, an important contribution to closing the achievement gap.

Arts Corps’ programs have been recognized locally and nationally for their quality. In 2012, Arts Corps was awarded the nation’s highest honor in community-based arts education by the White House, The National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award. The City of Seattle also honored Arts Corps with the Martin Luther King, Jr. Award for commitment to the ideals of Dr. King, as well as the inaugural award for Excellence in Arts Education.

Through arts education and community collaboration, Arts Corps unlocks the creative power of youth so that all young people have the courage to imagine and freedom to create a just and vibrant future.