NCAA College Football -

Comments

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    ehbacon said:
    You can't just say "it would've been a blowout if we had played better", because we can say the same exact thing.

Anyway, I had fun in Indy. OSU fans were huge dicks to us which was disappointing, but I guess you cant expect better from people who live in Ohio.
    I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the Buckeye fans.  We are not all like that. I love the Buckeyes but I agree we have some of the worst fans in the nation. 

Safe travels back home 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    edited December 2017
    KC138045 said:
    ehbacon said:
    KC138045 said:
    ehbacon said:
    Terrible no call DPI gave them the game. Absolute bullshit.
    You can't be serious. This game should of been a blow out at half time. Your badgers did not have the athletes and if JT could of hit wide open receivers this game would of never beeen in doubt. 

We played the worst we could've played in othe first half. Hornibrook was awful, defense couldn't tackle. Second half we were the better team, and had a great chance to win that was severely hurt by a blown call that everyone in the entire stadium and their sister saw. We played well enough in the second half to win that game.
    JT gave you guys 7 with the pick six and we should of had 7 before half if he could hit a wide open receiver. That's a 14 point swing right there. 

Your defense got beat with speed. It wasn't bad tackling. 
    You understand that I can just say our defense, the #1 defense in the nation coming into the game, tackled terribly and that if they had made half of the missed tackles they had we would have won big? Saying "If my team played better they would have done better" is an absolutely ridiculous argument.

There were a lot of fans that were completely fine. But they (OSU fans) were the majority so the bad ones could get away with a lot more. We got chanted at while we were just eating at a chic fil a, and my god don't get me started about the shit that they started spewing at us as soon as they won. Drunk mob mentality probably but still we just lost in heartbreaking fashion, take the win and be happy about it.
    Post edited by ehbacon on
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
    edited December 2017
    ehbacon said:
    KC138045 said:
    ehbacon said:
    KC138045 said:
    ehbacon said:
    You can't be serious. This game should of been a blow out at half time. Your badgers did not have the athletes and if JT could of hit wide open receivers this game would of never beeen in doubt. 

We played the worst we could've played in othe first half. Hornibrook was awful, defense couldn't tackle. Second half we were the better team, and had a great chance to win that was severely hurt by a blown call that everyone in the entire stadium and their sister saw. We played well enough in the second half to win that game.
    JT gave you guys 7 with the pick six and we should of had 7 before half if he could hit a wide open receiver. That's a 14 point swing right there. 

Your defense got beat with speed. It wasn't bad tackling. 
    You understand that I can just say our defense, the #1 defense in the nation coming into the game, tackled terribly and that if they had made half of the missed tackles they had we would have won big? Saying "If my team played better they would have done better" is an absolutely ridiculous argument.
    You being at the game and me watching on TV are different perspectives. But yes I see your point. 

And again Im sorry you were treated that way by Ohio State fans. 
    Post edited by KC138045 on
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    I'll take bama or ohio state to beat clemson
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    He was making $5.7 million a year at FSU, guaranteed thru 2024. How rich do you need to be?
    I keep hearing all this bullshit about the facilities being so much better. Of course some SECSPN analyst will say that since there so far up that conference’s ass.  FSU’s facilities are just as good. Maybe not as big, but just as good. They spent a shit ton updgrading after the championship season to make everything state-of-the-art and up to par with other big universities - because he asked for it, and the school made it happen.  FSU would’ve bent over backwards for the guy. Instead he turned his back on FSU. Didn’t even have the balls to tell his coaches and players, he let the media do it for him. This is what you hired, Texas A&M.  Like they say about women who cheat - once a cheater, always a cheater. He turned his back on us, don’t think he won’t do it to A&M if greener dollars are waived his way. 
    Looking like we might go after Willie Taggart. He’s a Florida native and pretty much put USF on the map during his time there. And he’s a Jim Harbaugh protege. I’d be happy with him.

Anyway, moving forward... Longest bowl streak in NCAA history!
    F-L-O-R-I-D-A
    S-T-A-T-E
    (what? what?)
    Florida State, Florida State, Florida State
    Wooooooo!!

$40M guaranteed vs $75M guaranteed.  I'll never fault a coach for chasing money because I know I'd do the exact same thing in my career (albeit at much, much, much smaller stakes)

And FSU doesn't have facilities like this....it has turned into an arms race with all these big time football schools to open these ridiculous football specific facilities.  Clemson just opened one this year too.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruGMZ2qj-p8
    That’s what I mean by how rich do you need to be? You and I will never know the difference between 45 and 75 million. I don’t see how one is any more life changing than the other. You’re filthy rich either way. I guess I’m just tired of greedy assholes running everything in this country and not having any loyalty to the folks that put them in the position they’re in.
    I mean, don’t get me wrong. Good for him. He grew up in a little town in WV about an hour and a half from where I live. He went thru a divorce this year and maybe needed a big change of scenery to move past that. I get that. 

I just think he could’ve handled the situation a lot better. Instead of lying to the school, the players, and his coaching staff. Mr “I see things out til the end.” Its like he just gave up after one bad season. Gave up on his players, his staff, the school, and worst of all - his own ability to overcome adversity. It’s upsetting because he just signed an extension at FSU at the end of last season. And he is a great coach. I guess I’m just getting more disgusted by the money machine that runs everything these days. College football used to be about playing your heart out to hopefully get drafted as a professional one day. It used to be about pride. It’s nothing but greed anymore.

Long gone are the days of Bobby Bowdens, Tom Osbornes, Frank Beamers, & Bear Bryants. It makes me sick.
    Call it money machines or whatever you want. You and I agree on a lot of things but this cannot be one of them. A dude quit coaching a schook to coach another. This move was highly anticipated. I probably heard of the rumors some 2 weeks ago +. In doing so, he received a SUBSTANTIAL guaranteed pay increase. 

I just left a company that paid above the median annual income and treated me very well personally, for a job that will pay me nearly double. I don't think that makes me a sellout, but rather a guy that wants to improve his (and his girlfriend's) quality of life.
    I assume you weren’t already making $45 million at your old job? If I took a job with a 67% pay increase right now, it would be nothing less than an absolute blessing. I’m struggling to make ends meet and going further into debt each month. Not, taking a better paying job doesn’t make everyone a sellout. But you and I aren’t making 8 figures.  If you can’t survive off $45 million, you’re doing something wrong.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    give #4 to that cocksucker saban.....I think any of those other 3 would embarrass my buckeyes.

we can go to the rose bowl and beat SC.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    ehbacon said:
    KC138045 said:
    ehbacon said:

Hornibrook is a shit QB who only looks not bad because of his receivers. Wisconsin was never the better team on that field. It would have a blow out if Ohio hadn't literally handed you 14 points.
    It's also why Ohio shouldn't be in the playoffs. They will end up as embarrassed as they were last year.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    I think the never ending FSU war chant drove jimbo away. he couldn’t take another minute.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Let the argument begin!

I say OSU gets in.

SC plays Wisconsin in their bowl game and wins.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    ehbacon said:
    KC138045 said:
    ehbacon said:

Hornibrook is a shit QB who only looks not bad because of his receivers. Wisconsin was never the better team on that field. It would have a blow out if Ohio hadn't literally handed you 14 points.
    It's also why Ohio shouldn't be in the playoffs. They will end up as embarrassed as they were last year.
    Another sighting of the "my team would've done better if they played better" argument.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
    ehbacon said:
    ehbacon said:
    KC138045 said:
    ehbacon said:

Another sighting of the "my team would've done better if they played better" argument.
    Ohio is NOT my team. They just didn't suck as much as Wisconsin did. 

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Neither team sucks, that is silly.  Bama still lands outside, I predict....
    To be clear I never said either team sucked. I did say Wiscconsons QB sucks and I stand by that statement. 
    If Bama lands outside then we will be back next year. And I personally will laugh when Ohio gets embarrassed in the playoffs, again.

I was just reading a prediction that Bama gets in.
    My belief is Bama is better but you need to reward the championship....but who knows....will see what they do

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I was just reading a prediction that Bama gets in.
    My belief is Bama is better but you need to reward the championship....but who knows....will see what they do

They didn't reward the championship last year. 

Bama gets in. They're clearly better
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    GO DAWGS!!!!!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    Good thing for Bama they have the track record they have because their schedule strength isn't what it might need to be.
    Looks like it will be a strong group of four teams in the playoffs regardless.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    To be clear I never said either team sucked. I did say Wiscconsons QB sucks and I stand by that statement. 
    If Bama lands outside then we will be back next year. And I personally will laugh when Ohio gets embarrassed in the playoffs, again.
    Hornibrook is pretty bad.  If Wisconsin had a decent QB, they would have won that game.  Ohio State didn't play very good last night either....no way they deserve to get in.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Ohio State lucked out playing both Michigan and Wisconsin with terrible quarterbacks. They lose both those games if either team had a decent QB. They won’t get so lucky against Clemson. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    just heard a crazy stat....the big 10 has not scored A POINT in the CFP since THE Ohio State won the first one.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Bama gets in.

I like it. Bama is gonna get smoked.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Bite me Wobbie.

Roll mothafuckin' Tide!

I'm good with it too, although I'm surprised.  
    Ohio State can't whine too much - they got beaten by Iowa.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Wobbie said:
    I like it. Bama is gonna get smoked.
    Not as bad as tO$U would have. 31-0 would have looked merciful on what Clemson would have done to the buckeyes this time.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Buckeyes v Trojans in the Cotton Bowl

Cant wait
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    I wish we had good coaches but urban will coach his team up better than clay Helton.  
    Would be nice to beat OSU again - have won the last seven played against them.
    Should be fun!
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Wobbie said:
    give #4 to that cocksucker saban.....I think any of those other 3 would embarrass my buckeyes.

You're going to the Cotton to lose to SC
    norm said:
    Wobbie said:

You're going to the Cotton to lose to SC

so, they’ve fucked with the sanctity of the rose bowl? well, at least SC won’t get the homefield advantage.

not sold on SC.....not if Utah can almost beat them. not sold on darnold, either.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16