*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I love Philly.  You people know I love Philly. I REALLY do not see Lebron leaving Cleveland for the city of Philadelphia, regardless of the basketball situation.   I would love it, but it ain't happening.

If he does leave for anywhere, who do Cleveland fans hate?  Lebron or Gilbert?  Kinda feel like Lebron has won them back completely and that they would blame the organization if he leaves.
    Nah, man. Dude I know who was living out there said the city is starting to turn on Lebron - they think he's being a whiny bitch and they're not good, or will be no good, because he forces other great players (Kyrie) out.

The point is there's "stirrings" that he wants more rings before he retires and he'd like to play with the Lakers. But if he looks at both rosters within his window the Sixers have the better structure to give him those rings than a team like the Lakers.
    I get it.  This team would give him a great chance at rings. I agree.  The dude just ain't movin' to Philly.  It's not happening.  He can create his own roster in LA.  He could play with Porzingas in New York.   Those are markets he would go to.

Lebron would have to be COMPLETELY dedicated to rings and nothing else to come to Philly and I don't see it.

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I love Philly.  You people know I love Philly. I REALLY do not see Lebron leaving Cleveland for the city of Philadelphia, regardless of the basketball situation.   I would love it, but it ain't happening.

If he does leave for anywhere, who do Cleveland fans hate?  Lebron or Gilbert?  Kinda feel like Lebron has won them back completely and that they would blame the organization if he leaves.
    Nah, man. Dude I know who was living out there said the city is starting to turn on Lebron - they think he's being a whiny bitch and they're not good, or will be no good, because he forces other great players (Kyrie) out.

The point is there's "stirrings" that he wants more rings before he retires and he'd like to play with the Lakers. But if he looks at both rosters within his window the Sixers have the better structure to give him those rings than a team like the Lakers.
    I get it.  This team would give him a great chance at rings. I agree.  The dude just ain't movin' to Philly.  It's not happening.  He can create his own roster in LA.  He could play with Porzingas in New York.   Those are markets he would go to.

Lebron would have to be COMPLETELY dedicated to rings and nothing else to come to Philly and I don't see it.

So you're telling me because of the cache of LA and NYC, he'd play......because of the market......though, he'd play in Cleve....because of the market? Cause throw the homey feely vibes out the window, because that team's fucked. And now follow your logic of LA and NYC...build his roster? LA is fffffFFFFFUCKED, way moreso than Cleveland. NYC? Porzingis? Ha, you need more than just Lebron and Porzingis. He's got Love now. And that inept organization will never get it together.

I understand it's a reach. Do I expect it? No. But it's not a long shot. If it's LA it'll be the Clippers.

I essentially read somewhere with the new changes in the upcoming CBA, the Sixers positioned themselves the best and can essentially sign 3 max contract guys while the rest of the league will be restricted to two (ah, here it is - from Bodner before going to The Athletic: https://www.libertyballers.com/2016/12/26/14072674/philadelphia-76ers-new-nba-cba-free-agency): TL; DR? See my previous sentence.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited November 2017

^

Gee. I wonder to what process we have to thank to even be in this position?

Somewhere up in the sky Sam Hinkie is looking down and smiling upon us.

chinese-happy.jpg
    EDIT: Correction - Lakers cap-space-wise are set up pretty friggin sweet. BUT...I'll say this - I put my money on the Bulls. That'd be fucking crazy.
    Porzingas is a lot better than crap ass Love.  Cleveland is his home.  The dude is the GM of every team he is on.  Dude's not leaving Cleveland for Cleveland Sr. 

Lakers are planning on George and Lebron, no? Not saying that will win rings, but in Lebron's mind LA (where he has a house), George and whatever else he pieces together is better than Philly, fo sho.

Like I said, I am ALL about it.  Would love it.  Ain't happening
    EDIT: Correction - Lakers cap-space-wise are set up pretty friggin sweet. BUT...I'll say this - I put my money on the Bulls. That'd be fucking crazy.
    I thought the Lakers were in a good spot.  Was surprised when you said that.
    Yeah, just put it above - cap space they have is a lot.  But still - fuck em.

And Philly ain't Cleveland Sr.; not even a funny joke in there.
    Yeah, just put it above - cap space they have is a lot.  But still - fuck em.

And Philly ain't Cleveland Sr.; not even a funny joke in there.
    Made myself laugh.  

Love Philly.

Be more fun to see him go to the Lakers and beat him in the 2020 NBA Finals.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Not saying LeBron won't go to the Lakers, but why would he? Unless, he doesn't want to win another Championship? Highly doubt that. Him & PG would not be enough to win a Championship, soon. GS ain't going anywhere soon,either. Also the Rockets & Spurs will still be good. They'd never make it out of the West. 76ers will be closer then the Lakers.

I just read Simmons will play tonight, but Embiid will not play tomorrow. I was hoping Embiid would sit out tonight & play against the Celtics tomorrow.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I just hope Ben plays for my Bulls one day.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    edited November 2017
    That was the most unwatchable fourth quarter in the history of basketball. Me having the Sixers by 6.5 only made it that much more infuriating. Fuck

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited November 2017
    That was the most unwatchable fourth quarter in the history of basketball. Me having the Sixers by 6.5 only made it that much more infuriating. Fuck

Yeah, that was garbage. I get why Washington did what they did( though,Simmons has to hit his FT's) and it got them back into the game, but i think they need a rule: if you intentionally foul OFF the ball in the backcourt, then it should be a FT and you retain the ball. Maybe that would stop that garbage? That 4th quarter was not basketball.

Oh, it was nice to see them go 4-2 on ther 6 game Home-stand. 2 loses were to the NBA Finalist Cavs & GSW.
    Post edited by cutz on
    cutz said:

Yeah, that was garbage. I get why Washington did what they did( though,Simmons has to hit his FT's) and it got them back into the game, but i think they need a rule: if you intentionally foul OFF the ball in the backcourt, then it should be a FT and you retain the ball. Maybe that would stop that garbage? That 4th quarter was not basketball.

Oh, it was nice to see them go 4-2 on ther 6 game Home-stand. 2 loses were to the NBA Finalist Cavs & GSW.
    It's nice to be at a point where we can be critical of WINS.

They should just extend what the rule is from 2 minutes out to the whole fourth quarter---if you foul someone off the ball, the team who got fouled gets to choose who shoots the free throws. That game was like 30 minutes longer than it needed to be.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    cutz said:

They should just extend what the rule is from 2 minutes out to the whole fourth quarter---if you foul someone off the ball, the team who got fouled gets to choose who shoots the free throws. That game was like 30 minutes longer than it needed to be.
    then they'd do it up until the 4th quarter. Just make any intentional off the ball foul a technical and it will end. But Ben, make your fucking FT's
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited November 2017
    And on cue from Bodner - 

https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/status/936222420280791040

And if you don't have The Athletic tough tits - Bodner's the best:

https://theathletic.com/161120/2017/11/30/a-deep-dive-on-the-sixers-long-term-salary-cap-outlook/

Good stuff worth pondering.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    This actually makes me retract something - I don't want this team fucked, so fuck Lebron. Like Juggs said, let's beat him in the finals.

They're set up to be in a really good spot, but 2-3 years down the line is where it's really tricky and I'd rather roll with Embiid and Ben.
    cutz said:

It is nice we can be critical after wins. We've only waited.......................................TOO LONG!

That's a good idea too. Don't think teams would want JJ Reddick at the FT line.

Should be interesting how they play tonight with no Embiid and after playing last night too. I haven't read any updates on TJ McConnell.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Lebron might be a big enough whore to sign with the Sixers. I wouldn't put anything past him.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    wasn't that like the most free throw attempts in franchise history?

they need to work on getting them in.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Nice start to the year with that schedule so far. Need to eat up these cupcakes on the December schedule.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Have had a nice little home schedule here of late
    What's with Simmons not shooting and barely having the ball?
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Dang. This thread goes on and on
    Pj must be big in philly

Here's to ya said bret
    Shyner said:
    Dang. This thread goes on and on
    Pj must be big in philly

Here's to ya said bret
    It does; they are.
    This team loves giving leads away in the 3rd. Hopefully they're now getting their shit together...
    Annnd shit's together...oh Dario.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    What's with Simmons not shooting and barely having the ball?
    not sure, only five points and six field goal attempts?  Least he had 10 boards and six assists.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly