2016 Holiday Single?

Comments

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    But they finally did and no one seemed to care because it did not have an absolute in it...

We're makin' a list and checkin it twice. All 2016 Analog Members will be receiving the package in the coming weeks. We apologize for the delay. Good things to come!

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I'm not really worried either way. I just wish they would get them out so we can all move on to complaining about the lottery, Ticketmaster, and scalpers next week when the Europe tickets go on sale. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    I'm not really worried either way. I just wish they would get them out so we can all move on to complaining about the lottery, Ticketmaster, and scalpers next week when the Europe tickets go on sale. 
    And then setlists, and then merch, and merch lines, posters should have limits, I am just eager to go see some shows in 2018.  Wish the timing was right for some Euro shows for me, but alas I am going to have to wait until North America tour schedule comes along next year.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    PB11041 said:
    But they finally did and no one seemed to care because it did not have an absolute in it...

We're makin' a list and checkin it twice. All 2016 Analog Members will be receiving the package in the coming weeks. We apologize for the delay. Good things to come!

But that was essentially the same thing they said back in I think July. So it pretty much means nothing.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    So....let's say they do roll the 2016/2017 into something epic....a 10" or 12" EP....and claim that it covers both years--look forward to 2018---yadda, yadda, yadda....

How long before people who were members in 2016 and 2017 are bitching about the people who just became 10C members in 2017 getting the benefit of the delay....? and what about 2016 members who dropped out and didn't get their single?

I don't mean to get people riled up over something that may never happen....wait a minute--that is one of the awesome byproducts of these boards....getting riled up...
    I wonder what people reaction was in 1995 in a similar situation.. no internet for bitching around, so maybe they received a lot of angry mail/phone calls?
    anyway, still a lot of time for the 2017 one, that would tipically be out around may-june (or even july) 2018..

what were the reactions in 2001 when they dropped a four song double 45 on everyone for no other reason than they did?  The single thing is hit or miss
    You see, we paid for something here.. I don't care if in 2001 they put out a double single out of the blue.. that was cool, and I get what you're saying.. BUT the point is that when I pay $50 for my intl analog membership (me, you, and anyone else) I'm paying for something clearly advertised this way: with this money, for this year, you are getting a single + deep magazine, an annual random "gift", a boot download code, and access to presale, tickets, etc.. Well, If they don't put out a single and deep for that year, they are screwing me up, screwing you up, and screwing anyone else up.. come on, this is not difficult to get. Hit or miss? what the hell this even means? this is not a gift, this is something they OWE us, dude, because, well, we paid largely in advance for it.
    Even if they give us a double this year, they still made us wait a year more than advertised.
    Now, like Ed himself once said about another totally unrelated thing, "There are 9.652.412 (or something close) much worse problems in this world.."   but still, this is not fair or right, and justify them is just silly.
    I just don't care, I never lose sleep over it.  I am not screwed up by it, it has no material impact on my well being. What does hit or miss even mean?  That some years the single has been great, and some years I'd just as soon not have received it, ergo hit or miss.  
    That is not a reason for tenclub to not get their shit together. 
    They can count the 23 people in the fanclub that this is a matter of even remote concern.  
    I'm not concerned.  I'm not going to lose sleep over it.  I understand there are millions of other things to worry about.  I love PJ.  I also love the 10c.  I have been extremely happy with 10c (and still am) for many, many years.  None of this changes the FACT that something we paid for is almost two years late.  And for me its more that I love vinyl and get excited to see what the 7" will be each year from my favorite band.  Its something I look forward to receiving.  So with all that being said I don't feel its unreasonable for people to call out 10c or even the band (since they are the ones the delay could possibly be pinned on) for being two years late on something that is paid for with a membership.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    There must be something different about these singles that make them so problematic.  They don't seem to have these issues with the Vaults.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    kramer73 said:
    There must be something different about these singles that make them so problematic.  They don't seem to have these issues with the Vaults.
    Yeah, getting the band together to do something. That may be the issue.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    So....let's say they do roll the 2016/2017 into something epic....a 10" or 12" EP....and claim that it covers both years--look forward to 2018---yadda, yadda, yadda....

How long before people who were members in 2016 and 2017 are bitching about the people who just became 10C members in 2017 getting the benefit of the delay....? and what about 2016 members who dropped out and didn't get their single?

I don't mean to get people riled up over something that may never happen....wait a minute--that is one of the awesome byproducts of these boards....getting riled up...
    I wonder what people reaction was in 1995 in a similar situation.. no internet for bitching around, so maybe they received a lot of angry mail/phone calls?
    anyway, still a lot of time for the 2017 one, that would tipically be out around may-june (or even july) 2018..

what were the reactions in 2001 when they dropped a four song double 45 on everyone for no other reason than they did?  The single thing is hit or miss
    You see, we paid for something here.. I don't care if in 2001 they put out a double single out of the blue.. that was cool, and I get what you're saying.. BUT the point is that when I pay $50 for my intl analog membership (me, you, and anyone else) I'm paying for something clearly advertised this way: with this money, for this year, you are getting a single + deep magazine, an annual random "gift", a boot download code, and access to presale, tickets, etc.. Well, If they don't put out a single and deep for that year, they are screwing me up, screwing you up, and screwing anyone else up.. come on, this is not difficult to get. Hit or miss? what the hell this even means? this is not a gift, this is something they OWE us, dude, because, well, we paid largely in advance for it.
    Even if they give us a double this year, they still made us wait a year more than advertised.
    Now, like Ed himself once said about another totally unrelated thing, "There are 9.652.412 (or something close) much worse problems in this world.."   but still, this is not fair or right, and justify them is just silly.
    I just don't care, I never lose sleep over it.  I am not screwed up by it, it has no material impact on my well being. What does hit or miss even mean?  That some years the single has been great, and some years I'd just as soon not have received it, ergo hit or miss.  
    They can count the 23 people in the fanclub that this is a matter of even remote concern.  
    Ok, I will just repeat myself: That is not a reason for tenclub to not get their shit together. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

I'm not concerned.  I'm not going to lose sleep over it.  I understand there are millions of other things to worry about.  I love PJ.  I also love the 10c.  I have been extremely happy with 10c (and still am) for many, many years.  None of this changes the FACT that something we paid for is almost two years late.  And for me its more that I love vinyl and get excited to see what the 7" will be each year from my favorite band.  Its something I look forward to receiving.  So with all that being said I don't feel its unreasonable for people to call out 10c or even the band (since they are the ones the delay could possibly be pinned on) for being two years late on something that is paid for with a membership.
    Related imageI

• I like the mystery!!!! This is what makes the Ten Club unique. PJ is not like any other band and in the end they rarely disappoint!
    3-20-1994 Ann Arbor, MI 8-23-1998 Auburn Hills, MI 10-7-2000 Auburn Hills; MI 5-22-2006 Auburn Hills, MI 5-9-2010 Cleveland, OH; EV 6-28-2011 Detroit, MI 10-16-2014 Detroit, MI, EV 9-23-2017 Louisville KY
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    DR252979 said:
    I like the mystery!!!! This is what makes the Ten Club unique. PJ is not like any other band and in the end they rarely disappoint!
    note to myself:
    ***huge delay in delivering stuff paid a year (or more) in advance, and lack of communication/info, is considered a pleasant "mystery" around here***
    Good to know.
  • DR252979 said:
    I like the mystery!!!! This is what makes the Ten Club unique. PJ is not like any other band and in the end they rarely disappoint!
    Having shamefully poor communication skills is what makes Ten Club "unique" and everything into a fun "mystery!!!!!"? Okey...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Anyone up for a fun mystery, please send me $40 and I will mail you a mystery item in the next 3-5 years.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    mace1229 said:
    Anyone up for a fun mystery, please send me $40 and I will mail you a mystery item in the next 3-5 years.
    Pm sent 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    New point of hilarity has been reached! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    mace1229 said:
    Hey, slow things down, 3-5 years is way too fast.. you don't want to ruin TC business, don't you?
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    I'm making the assumption that everyone complaining will not renew their membership? 

This does happen every year. 

The complaining doesn't seem to make anything better, does it?
  • kramer73 said:
    I'm making the assumption that everyone complaining will not renew their membership? 

And may they all have lower numbers than me.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mace1229 said:
    HAHA!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • kramer73 said:

Obtuse post. 
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    So if the last newsletter said we'd be "receiving the package in the coming weeks", and we're to assume that means less than a month or two, why don't we at least have the downloads by now? If physical copies are arriving soon, I'm assuming the tracks sent to vinyl pressing are ready and available, no?
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
    mace1229 said:
    Cool, what was the first mystery you provided at this price or any price?

PB11041 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PB11041.. is it you, Santos?
    PB11041 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PB11041.. is it you, Santos
    Image result for dumb and dumber gif

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    kramer73 said:
    Sounds like you're making bad assumptions.
    kramer73 said:

To this extent? Seems more delinquent than usual to me. And is the "happens every year" thing an excuse for them? It sounds more like a damning accusation you're making.
    kramer73 said:

Who can say? Perhaps the complaining will result in us getting the 2016 single by 2018 instead of 2019.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    kramer73 said:

I don't even see it as complaining.  Rather just stating facts.  Its something I look forward to getting (and paid for) and wish it would be close to on time.  Again, there are probably various reasons its not mostly due to getting the band together to decide.  I'm fine with that but I can still wish it was on time and point it out without it sounding whiny... correct?  
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Ten Club do what they want, when they want. They make the rules and don't follow convention for these things.
    1. They deliver goods in their own time regardless of how long ago they were paid for.
    2. Its possible they pick where things like mystery sale items go to/ competitions.
    3. They are vague and keep communication to a minimum.

I can't see things changing. They know we love the band and that PJ have a lot of hardcore fans that will put up with it.

I'm not saying it's the way it should be but I have just come to accept that this is how 10c is run.

• So if the last newsletter said we'd be "receiving the package in the coming weeks", and we're to assume that means less than a month or two, why don't we at least have the downloads by now? If physical copies are arriving soon, I'm assuming the tracks sent to vinyl pressing are ready and available, no?

I believe the thought process is that the records arrive first...analog members pay more and why not let the better quality stuff be heard first?

Remember...they put out Vitalogy on vinyl before the other formats were released.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    So if the last newsletter said we'd be "receiving the package in the coming weeks", and we're to assume that means less than a month or two, why don't we at least have the downloads by now? If physical copies are arriving soon, I'm assuming the tracks sent to vinyl pressing are ready and available, no?

I believe the thought process is that the records arrive first...analog members pay more and why not let the better quality stuff be heard first?

Remember...they put out Vitalogy on vinyl before the other formats were released.
    Not for the fan club singles. The downloads have always been made available first. Per the membership policy:

"The band makes the annual Ten Club Single & Deep Magazine for the Ten Club. These are not sent right away and will be shipped to you when they are finished. You will know that these are on their way when the digital copies are made available for you on your Downloads page in your account."
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Im thinking these will arrive at / on / for Christmas this year. The ‘making a list and checking it twice’ comment makes me think the downloads will be available at Xmas with the vinyl already shipped to arrive over the Xmas holiday period 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14