Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 903
    PJNB said:
    DEGBTI said:
    If you wanted to make the most of this tour in a short amount of time, what would be the most simple logistically? Never been before. Was thinking the three Italy shows? Fly in, take trains to all shows, fly back to usa?
    Time wise the back to back in London would make the most amount of sense or the Amsterdam back to back which will more then likely happen. Italy shows have two huge stadiums and a festival. Nothing wrong with that imo but might not be to your liking. The Prague - Krakow - Berlin combo is the one I am doing. Flying in and out for a total of 7 days. 

THANK YOU!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,490
    PJNB said:
    DEGBTI said:
    If you wanted to make the most of this tour in a short amount of time, what would be the most simple logistically? Never been before. Was thinking the three Italy shows? Fly in, take trains to all shows, fly back to usa?
    Time wise the back to back in London would make the most amount of sense or the Amsterdam back to back which will more then likely happen. Italy shows have two huge stadiums and a festival. Nothing wrong with that imo but might not be to your liking. The Prague - Krakow - Berlin combo is the one I am doing. Flying in and out for a total of 7 days. 
    When you arrive in Prague??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    edited December 2017
    23scidoo said:
    PJNB said:
    DEGBTI said:
    7:00am day of the show. Wish I could make the pre-party the night before but adding one more day would probably cause a divorce lol. I am have not booked anything yet and probably won't for a couple more weeks when I am 100% I am going. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    Also, I would be willing to bet that Royal Blood opens the Europe tour for PJ, especially the London Shows
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    alex.which shows u doing buddy?
    call me tomorrow
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,490
    alex.which shows u doing buddy?
    call me tomorrow
     ;) 
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Does anyone know if the few times they have played New Zealand it’s only been a festival? I know last time was the big day out festival. Hoping if they go back it will be something different. Thanks. 
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    Wife and I, and two other couples did some of these cities plus others earlier this year for 3 weeks following Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds.  We did it as cheaply as possible, another couple stayed at the Ritz in every city  :)  
    Ending up being about 10 flights, 4 trains, 19 nights of hotels, so all logistics came to $4,500 for the two of us for the 3 weeks.  Here's some ideas on cheap hotels/flights:

• Options
    Im wondering does the stadium shows in italy(padova and rome) sells out fast like in minutes?
    cos i think ill go for the general sale rather than 10c for these shows
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Options
    Im wondering does the stadium shows in italy(padova and rome) sells out fast like in minutes?
    cos i think ill go for the general sale rather than 10c for these shows
    If you are looking for GA then 10 club is the way to go with early entry. If seats is what you prefer then you may get better seats with the general sale but seats at a stadium are not so hot to begin with imo. 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited December 2017
    Hey Dimi, is the mystery unnamed baseball field in the American League or National League?
    Wilmington Blue Rocks?

But Toronto would make the most sense
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Official guess... Summer Stadium Tour... 

LA
    SF
    Seattle
    Chicago
    Cleveland
    Toronto 
    Boston
    NYC
    Philly
    DC

Maybe add a few large outdoor ampitheaters like Alpine... and possibly that new small ampitheater in Missoula... and likely a festival or two 
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    PJNB said:
    DEGBTI said:
    7:00am day of the show. Wish I could make the pre-party the night before but adding one more day would probably cause a divorce lol. I am have not booked anything yet and probably won't for a couple more weeks when I am 100% I am going. 
    I’m flying from Toronto and likely doing the same three city stretch. Pretty sure the flight I’m looking at gets in at same time.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    BS44325 said:
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    PJNB said:
    DEGBTI said:
    I’m flying from Toronto and likely doing the same three city stretch. Pretty sure the flight I’m looking at gets in at same time.
    Cool! Did you book already? If so how much from Toronto? Also going solo or are you traveling with someone else? 
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJNB said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    PJNB said:
    DEGBTI said:
    Cool! Did you book already? If so how much from Toronto? Also going solo or are you traveling with someone else? 
    Won’t book until after the draw and it’s up in the air as to whether I’ll be solo or not. I put it out there to a few friends but they aren’t as committed. I was going to burn some aeroplan points...between 30-37000 points from Toronto to Prague. Will probably do the same on way back from Berlin.

• Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218

That M in Pearl Jam is the Seattle Mariners first logo. Thinking there is some Mariners merch similar to Cubs and Sox after Fenway and Wrigley shows.

More fuel to the stadium tour rumours.. .

'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,299
    kerbjack said:

That M in Pearl Jam is the Seattle Mariners first logo. Thinking there is some Mariners merch similar to Cubs and Sox after Fenway and Wrigley shows.

Noticed the Mariners 'M' in the flag too, I feel a show at the Mariners stadium is a possibility next year
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 751
    I don't have a degree in band management, but why wouldn't they play Vancouver, Seattle, and Portland at the beginning or end of every tour and sleep at home each night?
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,299
    kaw753 said:
    I don't have a degree in band management, but why wouldn't they play Vancouver, Seattle, and Portland at the beginning or end of every tour and sleep at home each night?
    That would make too much sense
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    kaw753 said:
    They have started and ended quite a few tours that way
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    kerbjack said:

u got a point there!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Also, I would be willing to bet that Royal Blood opens the Europe tour for PJ, especially the London Shows
    Really? Would be good 
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    PJNB said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    PJNB said:
    DEGBTI said:
    Won’t book until after the draw and it’s up in the air as to whether I’ll be solo or not. I put it out there to a few friends but they aren’t as committed. I was going to burn some aeroplan points...between 30-37000 points from Toronto to Prague. Will probably do the same on way back from Berlin.

Ya Aeroplan is terrible to go across the pond with. I can do California for 25000 points but need 67500 - 75000 to get to Europe plus 660$ in taxes. Crazy. If you do book through Aeroplan do not use multicity as an option. Book 2 one way tickets it will save you 7500 points. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    kaw753 said:
    The same reason we can't figure out why they only played 1 show in Seattle last time when they could of stayed in their own beds? :)

In this case if it as an arena tour I could totally see them doing Vancouver/Portland with it.  They usually play a few dates around the northwest us and western canada when they play seattle.  However the Fenway/Wrigley show last year were kind of standalones and seperate from the regular tour.  Thus it's possible if they play Safeco, it might be more like the stadium shows from last year, then a regular tour.

• Options
    What the 411 on Milan?. Has anybody been to the venue or the I Days festival?
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    jmug23 said:
    Hey Dimi, is the New Zealand / Australia thing really happening in early 2019? I’m all over that trip if they tour down there. Thanks. 
    Stop acting like this dude is some sort of insider with info.... It is laughable.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    Agreed. Dimi is a lovely man. But a normal man and pressure for him to know some  mystical knowledge is ridiculous
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    mcar74 said:
    eyejacker said:
    Does anyone know how much one day tickets to Madrid would cost? I can only see 3-Day festival passes...
    Hi
    one day tickets are 76€+fees (plus 5€ for buyers outside Peninsula). This until January 8th... 
    you can see it here https://madcoolfestival.es/noticia/mad-cool-festival-desvela-los-precios-de-los-tickets-para-la-edicion-2018
    Thanks for the link!! :-)
  • Options
    Cal.PJ.CCal.PJ.C Posts: 180
    I'm really really happy that most of you prefer seating to GA :)
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    pulling69 said:
    jmug23 said:
    Hey Dimi, is the New Zealand / Australia thing really happening in early 2019? I’m all over that trip if they tour down there. Thanks. 
    Stop acting like this dude is some sort of insider with info.... It is laughable.
    You can call it whatever u want, but he absolutely has some insider info.  He knew about SA and Europe tour with dates and cities long before it was made public. And he’s done that for many past tours as well.  Nobody is saying he knows everything, but I for one really appreciate whenever he gives us some info because it helps my family plan and its just fun to hear where they are playing a head of time.