Should there be seperate sub-forums for countries where most members here come from?

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
edited December 2017 in All Encompassing Trip
I often feel when starting threads that they are so out of place here as this forum is heavily American centric. 
For example, Australian matters in A Moving Thread or Australian sports threads or anything Australian.
Proposing sections such as "For Australian fans", "For UK & Ireland fans" etc.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Should there be seperate sub-forums for countries where most members here come from? 17 votes

Yes
11%
NamiThoughts_Arrive 2 votes
No
88%
pjhawksjeffbrdarwinstheoryJimmyVKC138045dankindAmongst the AniBLACK35F Me In The BrainhauntingfamiliarPJ_SoulFoxyRedLaAnnafalkoftenreadingMiss.Snowdrop 15 votes

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    No
    We are one world.  We are PJ.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    We are one world.  We are PJ.
    Now I've got that Devo song in my head.  Thanks a lot!

As to the question, nope.  I like that we all intermigle, as well as hearing from those in other countries and cultures.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    No
    You got it!
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    No
    If this were so, many of us would have never have experienced the "why now you don't bitching" thread.

This idea is going to have to be poo-pooed. Sorry.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Undecided.
    But i do like to learn about all these American issues. From real people. So probably no.
    There are tonnes of aussies in the u.k . Nice folk.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • A European 10c shop now that's a YES
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    No
    I can only answer as an American, but I agree with F Me. The joy of PJ is they have connected people with a singular love from all over the world. Now if PJ would stop hating the west coast of the US as much as they do. 
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    No
    Feel free to start your own "For Aussie fans only" thread if you wish, but I think that loses out on a big part of what makes this forum enjoyable. 

On AMT there is a Canadian Politics thread that gets some periodic action, usually but not exclusively from Canadians. I wouldn't want non-Canadians to think that they weren't welcome to post there if they chose. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    No
    The American politics threads have as many Canadian posters as Americans, it seems. 

Can't we all just get along?

(Rodney King!)
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited December 2017
    No
    Americans need the rest of y'all to elevate our level of discourse.

Selfish, I know.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    No
    Nah. Let's all be one big happy family.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    Don't forget dysfunctional ;)
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    No
    hedonist said:
    JimmyV said:
    I made some egg salad for the reunion. Help yourselves. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    No
    hedonist said:
    JimmyV said:
    That's when we are at our best. :smiley:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited December 2017
    No
    Edit 
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    No
    Just a thread is fine. No need for forum segregation. Sub-forums wouldn't increase activity.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Yes
    Annafalk said:
    And I need to praäctiise on my English skills so that’s probably not a good idea.
    But I wanted to learn some Svenska :-(
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    what the fuck are you talking about?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Yes
    Wobbie said:
    what the fuck are you talking about?
    Excuse me?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Undecided, yet I think it is important and valuable to see that the world, as it exists today, is a small place and we Americans are finally starting to see outside our own interests some.  As early as a little over 100 years about, the Americas were a somewhat isolated place in the world.  It took at least a week to travel to from New York Europe (it wasn't until 1907 that RMS Lusitania made the record crossing in 4 days, 19 hours and 53 minutes).  Now we can make that crossing in 7 hours.  Small world!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• I agree brian
     Sometimes its very American on the boards and i think people assume we are all American only in the sence we don't all understand eachothers laws/rules/humour.
    I certainly have been perplexed at some responses or replies to non usa topics. But i like learning
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Yes
    Yeah, which is why I proposed the idea.
    Most threads I start makes Americans probably think "wtf is this guy on about?".
  • Miss.SnowdropMiss.Snowdrop Scotland Posts: 192
    No
    I am brand new but I love the diversity here. The more you hang out with and talk to people with other backgrounds the more you learn about yourself and others. It broaden's your horizon which is never a bad thing!
    edited December 2017
    Yes
    I am brand new but I love the diversity here. The more you hang out with and talk to people with other backgrounds the more you learn about yourself and others. It broaden's your horizon which is never a bad thing!
    I don't have a problem with that, just sometimes there's threads others may not have a clue what the OP is on about which is why I thought it'd be a good idea. Ah well, the mob has spoken. It's a NO.

• NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Yes
    lol, just voted to see outcome... 
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    No
    I don't have a problem with that, just sometimes there's threads others may not have a clue what the OP is on about which is why I thought it'd be a good idea. Ah well, the mob has spoken. It's a NO.

Do you feel like Australians understand you better specifically?

Why don't you just start a "For Australians only" thread?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Kind of what I was thinking.  I mean shit, these forums have been around for what, 20-something years?  So far, so good.  It works - pretty well, too.
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

How about that Adelaide test? Got close towards the end.
    How about them Tigers?
    Yes
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Kind of what I was thinking.  I mean shit, these forums have been around for what, 20-something years?  So far, so good.  It works - pretty well, too.
    As I said, the mob has spoken. It's a resounding no vote. I accept. Move on :-)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    this makes me curious now, of the regular posters , at least here on aet, where everyone comes from.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14