what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Why do girls avoid me?
    I just told a girl from university that I worked on an assignment together with this past semester that I am in the same class as her for a summer class and that she can join me and another student I am friends with for any group work and she left the class and joined another one. She saw my message but didn't reply. WTF? :-(
    Makes me feel like I am some creep, some weirdo and now I am feeling depressed.
    It's not always about you. Not trying to be rude, but just being realistic. Schedules change, things happen. Don't let it get you down.
    Usually she replies to my messages.
    She's moved to a class that is on the same time as mine just with a different teacher, nothing about schedules. 
    I've found that it's hard to make friends at university. People either use me and then act like they don't know me or avoid me like I am some creep. It's quite depressing.
    From reading your inputs on here I think you seem like a very kind and sophisticated guy. It is better to think people have good thoughts about you and not believing the worst because then you start to think in a negative way.. Stay strong friend. :)

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Thanks guys.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    edited November 2017
    It's not just this one, last semester this girl asked me for help with her anxiety issues. I gave her advice and checked in on her here and there to see how she was going. Now she walks past me without saying hi or pretends she can't see me as I walk past her. Plus she used to always come up and sit next to me during lectures and tutorials but this semester she chose to sit next to someone else. At the start of this semester she was in the back row of the lecture theatre, she came up to me and didn't say hi but just proceeded to ask me about the subject and after I answered her question she just left without saying thanks. I fucking regret telling her that I am on antidepressants to try make her not so scared to get on them herself. I don't fucking get it. I just get used and disposed all the time by people.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    It's not just this one, last semester this girl asked me for help with her anxiety issues. I gave her advice and checked in on her here and there to see how she was going. Now she walks past me without saying hi or pretends she can't see me as I walk past her. Plus she used to always come up and sit next to me during lectures and tutorials but this semester she chose to sit next to someone else. At the start of this semester she was in the back row of the lecture theatre, she came up to me and didn't say hi but just proceeded to ask me about the subject and after I answered her question she just left without saying thanks. I fucking regret telling her that I am on antidepressants to try make her not so scared to get on them herself. I don't fucking get it. I just get used and disposed all the time by people.
    Yes, it seems she takes you for granted and she seems self absorbed. I’m sorry, and I hope you will meet someone kind hearted soon.
    Annafalk said:
    Yes, it seems she takes you for granted and she seems self absorbed. I’m sorry, and I hope you will meet someone kind hearted soon.
    And then there's those 2 that I made a thread about.
    Seems like most people at university at suck.
    Thanks.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    I have the best family in the world..i'm not even on a same level..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    edited November 2017
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Annafalk said:
    Thanks.
    possibilities:

-she is embarrassed about sharing too much with you too soon, so she's regretful and now withdrawn
    -she feels maybe you came on too strong with how much you divulged to her and got scared off
    -she is interested in another guy and doesn't want to give him the impression she's interested in any other guy at the moment

in my teens and 20's, I struck out with pretty much every girl I ever met. I could never figure out why. i was always the "friend". I found out years later from a few of them that it was because I took too long to make a move. they all thought I wasn't interested. but it was that I had no confidence. every g/f I've ever had, has made the first move. My wife included. Just never crosses my mind that anyone wants to be anything other than a friend. 

ridiculous story:
    -I was once hanging out with this girl, we were coworkers at a restaurant; she was actually a model. we had plans to go to the bar that night. She invites me to her place. her parents aren't home. she tells me she isn't done getting ready, so follow her to her room. 

she proceeds to take her robe off down to her bra and panties and do her hair and whatnot. I did nothing. I laid on her bed and watched. It honestly didn't cross my mind to. I thought she was just used to being semi-naked in front of people being a model. I assumed I was already in the friend zone and I was just being gifted a nice view. 

after that night she never spoke to me again. I was told later that she felt humiliated that I did nothing after she had come on so strong. I had heard a similar story about another girl around the same time who then started dating a friend of mine as revenge. i was happy for her and him at the time so we could all hang out together (I was actually jealous!). until i saw them together and she looked at me and gave me the finger. I was so confused. she then told me her issues with why. all I could do was shake my head. she wouldn't believe me that I had no idea. I really didn't. 

another girl at my wedding social professed her attraction to me. I was like "WTF? NOW?". LOL

I didn't know my now-wife was interested until she told me she was in love with me. I thought at the time we were just best friends. LOL

now, there were also several girls who I tried to date and struck out with legitimately. I was just absolutely the worst at reading individual situations. it fucking sucked. 

anyway, it also sounds like you may have a confidence problem. try to hold your head high. the two biggest things humans seem to look for is humour and self confidence (but not ego). I had a big problem with being a guy with confidence. I would seem too eager and self-deprecating, and that was a massive turn off it seemed. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    23scidoo said:
    I've just about fucking had it with mine. I keep fantasizing about packing up my wife and kids and moving to another province. fucking gossipy meddlers. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    The impending hurricane. I fear our tendency to be very relaxed about things may not stand us in good stead this time.... We're all laughing and joking about it now but I hope everyone will take sensible precautions to
    Seinfeld dvd box set of every season.
    Black Friday special, was $89, now $71 at my local retailer.
    I feel bad spending money but f*** I'm bored over the holidays and want something to watch.
    Should I go and buy it?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2017
    I feel bad spending money but f*** I'm bored over the holidays and want something to watch.
    Should I go and buy it?
    Well if it were me I'd just watch it using Kodi (google it). But if you're not into that, then I guess that's the way you'd watch it? ... Don't you have Seinfeld reruns going on TV constantly down there? I can set my PVR to record Seinfeld reruns, and I'll have probably 40 episodes stored up within a week, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited November 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    Should I go and buy it?
    Well if it were me I'd just watch it using Kodi (google it). But if you're not into that, then I guess that's the way you'd watch it? ... Don't you have Seinfeld reruns going on TV constantly down there? I can set my PVR to record Seinfeld reruns, and I'll have probably 40 episodes stored up within a week, lol.
    We used to. No Simpsons anymore either (but I have dvd box sets anyways). Don't have a PVR.
    I've never heard of Kodi. We have a net streaming service (Stan) that charge $10 per month and they have Seinfeld.
    Plus, soon my downloads will be limited so not ideal for streaming.
  • Annafalk said:
    Thanks.
    possibilities:

-she is embarrassed about sharing too much with you too soon, so she's regretful and now withdrawn
    -she feels maybe you came on too strong with how much you divulged to her and got scared off
    -she is interested in another guy and doesn't want to give him the impression she's interested in any other guy at the moment

in my teens and 20's, I struck out with pretty much every girl I ever met. I could never figure out why. i was always the "friend". I found out years later from a few of them that it was because I took too long to make a move. they all thought I wasn't interested. but it was that I had no confidence. every g/f I've ever had, has made the first move. My wife included. Just never crosses my mind that anyone wants to be anything other than a friend. 

ridiculous story:
    -I was once hanging out with this girl, we were coworkers at a restaurant; she was actually a model. we had plans to go to the bar that night. She invites me to her place. her parents aren't home. she tells me she isn't done getting ready, so follow her to her room. 

she proceeds to take her robe off down to her bra and panties and do her hair and whatnot. I did nothing. I laid on her bed and watched. It honestly didn't cross my mind to. I thought she was just used to being semi-naked in front of people being a model. I assumed I was already in the friend zone and I was just being gifted a nice view. 

after that night she never spoke to me again. I was told later that she felt humiliated that I did nothing after she had come on so strong. I had heard a similar story about another girl around the same time who then started dating a friend of mine as revenge. i was happy for her and him at the time so we could all hang out together (I was actually jealous!). until i saw them together and she looked at me and gave me the finger. I was so confused. she then told me her issues with why. all I could do was shake my head. she wouldn't believe me that I had no idea. I really didn't. 

another girl at my wedding social professed her attraction to me. I was like "WTF? NOW?". LOL

I didn't know my now-wife was interested until she told me she was in love with me. I thought at the time we were just best friends. LOL

now, there were also several girls who I tried to date and struck out with legitimately. I was just absolutely the worst at reading individual situations. it fucking sucked. 

anyway, it also sounds like you may have a confidence problem. try to hold your head high. the two biggest things humans seem to look for is humour and self confidence (but not ego). I had a big problem with being a guy with confidence. I would seem too eager and self-deprecating, and that was a massive turn off it seemed. 
    That is a great bit of advice there. Im the same with reading signs. I just assume everyone is a friend only. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    PJ_Soul said:
    Should I go and buy it?
    We used to. No Simpsons anymore either (but I have dvd box sets anyways). Don't have a PVR.
    I've never heard of Kodi. We have a net streaming service (Stan) that charge $10 per month and they have Seinfeld.
    Plus, soon my downloads will be limited so not ideal for streaming.
    I bought it! Got a further discount hehe
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    23scidoo said:
    I've just about fucking had it with mine. I keep fantasizing about packing up my wife and kids and moving to another province. fucking gossipy meddlers. 
    They prove it again today..my father came to the hospital in 20 min, for nothing..so proud for them..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm proud of myself for not going batshit in a certain AMT thread.

(thank goodness for "save draft")

And I am thankful for the oddballs in my life - the ones who add smiles and different perspectives, whether family or friends...even better, the friends who are considered my family.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    hedonist said:

And I am thankful for the oddballs in my life - the ones who add smiles and different perspectives, whether family or friends...even better, the friends who are considered my family.

I know, it's the Cryptocurrency one, right? You've always been passionate about bitcoin  =) 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    hedonist said:

I know, it's the Cryptocurrency one, right? You've always been passionate about bitcoin  =) 
    Haha!  I love how you know me well enough to say THAT :hug:
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Stressed out and choosing to deal by withdrawing, past experience suggests this is unwise but there you go. I'm sure I'll learn eventually :tongue:
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Holy cow! I have so much to post I don't even know in which thread to start! 
    I guess I should be true to my name and start there. 
    Oy.  That's what's on me mind right now.
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    hedonist said:
    Oy.  That's what's on me mind right now.
    I see you've read my posts. :lol:
    Seinfeld. Wanting cool air.
    These fucking mosquito bites.
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Cillian Murphy is going to be in a new play in Dublin :heart:
    Girls.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Jockin' Mike D to my dismay 
    Snobby university girls.