Degenerate gambling football league - season 8

Comments

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I haven't checked the standings yet since fucking McAdoo benched Eli like the fucking douschebag idiot that he is. I'm a bit upset about it. I'll be posting everyone's favorite standings layout tomorrow - I've been pissed for about 30 hours now. Straight to the pit of misery for McAdoo and his stupid sunglasses, and Reese and the Mara brothers. Throw them all in the damn pit.

So, I'll be checking 6 for 6 and all tomorrow. I should have forgotten to pick since I only got 1 - I hate this week in football.  :|
  • njnancy said: 
    I haven't checked the standings yet since fucking McAdoo benched Eli like the fucking douschebag idiot that he is. I'm a bit upset about it. I'll be posting everyone's favorite standings layout tomorrow - I've been pissed for about 30 hours now. Straight to the pit of misery for McAdoo and his stupid sunglasses, and Reese and the Mara brothers. Throw them all in the damn pit.

So, I'll be checking 6 for 6 and all tomorrow. I should have forgotten to pick since I only got 1 - I hate this week in football.  :|
    You should be thrilled Eli is benched. Why are you So mad? Did you notice the giants record? Is it because of Eli's streak? I'm not saying he hasn't earned the right to go out on his own terms, but come on. He's not that good. And hasn't been for a while. 
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    edited November 2017
    njnancy said: 

You should be thrilled Eli is benched. Why are you So mad? Did you notice the giants record? Is it because of Eli's streak? I'm not saying he hasn't earned the right to go out on his own terms, but come on. He's not that good. And hasn't been for a while. 
    I'm not getting into it with you. i will just say this.  Thrilled is not what you feel about your uninjured, experienced, classy, talented QB being benched for a shitty ex-Jet QB. The new Mara's, Reese and McAdoo have taken the heart out of this team.  Don't ever say thrilled in the same sentence as benching Eli. That's just meant to dig it in and believe me, it is painful enough.. Sorry, I'm not into kicking people when they are down and I love my QB. This is just as bad as firing Coughlin for fucking Mcadoo.  It is a ridiculous move. If you are an Eli hater, enjoy the game. 
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • njnancy said:I
    njnancy said: 

I'm not getting into it with you. i will just say this.  Thrilled is not what you feel about your uninjured, experienced, classy, talented QB being benched for a shitty ex-Jet QB. The new Mara's, Reese and McAdoo have taken the heart out of this team.  Don't ever say thrilled in the same sentence as benching Eli. That's just meant to dig it in and believe me, it is painful enough.. Sorry, I'm not into kicking people when they are down and I love my QB. This is just as bad as firing Coughlin for fucking Mcadoo.  It is a ridiculous move. If you are an Eli hater, enjoy the game. 
    I'm certainly not just throwing jabs at you. I agree with your description of Eli and I'll add I believe he's a first ballot hall of famer. But class doesn't win games. And if you look at his stats over the last 5 seasons, Eli is in the bottom 6 or 7 in the league. I do appreciate the passion you have for your qb.  And I'm nearly 100% sure your coach and management are doing their best to lose out the rest of the season. Geno  won't be the starter for long. And is unlikely to even be on the team next year. The giants game plan seems to be drafting that USC qb.

njnancy said:
    njnancy said: 

I'm certainly not just throwing jabs at you. I agree with your description of Eli and I'll add I believe he's a first ballot hall of famer. But class doesn't win games. And if you look at his stats over the last 5 seasons, Eli is in the bottom 6 or 7 in the league. I do appreciate the passion you have for your qb.  And I'm nearly 100% sure your coach and management are doing their best to lose out the rest of the season. Geno  won't be the starter for long. And is unlikely to even be on the team next year. The giants game plan seems to be drafting that USC qb.

Part of being a fan of the Giants is a respect for the loyalty and care that the management has had for the team, down to the coach - at least in the Eli Manning/Coughlin era of the team. It felt good knowing that there was more than just playing great football which they have, but also teaching them to be good men and having leaders on the team who were giving it their all no matter what injuries or situations that may occur. An offensive line that can protect the QB has been missing for quite some time which effects the ability of the QB to throw the ball when they are lying on the ground play after play. They never gave Coughlin hiring power so running backs and offensive lines were ignored. But no matter what, I could be proud of them as a unit. Eli is the heart of that team and he is not the reason for the dismal record this year. He has taught third string players to be starters, to the best of his ability. But he can't throw and catch and run - although he has been running this year since there is no freaking offense. I do not believe that the majority of other teams would do such a drastic act.. Benching him so they can really suck and get a good draft place is not what I think of when I cheer for this team. When Coughlin was fired, the cohesiveness of the team was challenged. Injuries this year are insane, but they have played through years like this before - never this severe. Eli should not be benched, through the crappy numbers and shit season, they have always had Eli to count on. I disagree with your assessment of his talent. And McAdoo and management have ushered in a new era which I do not respect. I am angry and heartbroken and I think it is a callous mistake. That is just how I feel and I have been a Giants fan since the 80's. It's the end of a great era of the Giants. And that sucks for a fan. And for players who really give a shit. The team will fall apart and be lost in the wilderness for years. Eli deserved the loyalty he gave but that's not how they do business anymore. I feel this not only for the statistics but for what the team stood for and the ticket sales have already dropped drastically. We love Eli. I can't explain it any better and it has nothing to do with numbers. When a team loses heart, it loses everything.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Darnold is gonna stay for another year, I think
    Giants messed this move up.  In a lost season you don't go to these losers at backup QB.
    He lost his two starting wrs....he has a rookie te that forgot how to catch and the RBs barely can be considered an NFL unit.
    I'm not necessarily a huge Eli fan but this is not only a tank move but they are so awful they would finish at least third lowest regardless.
    Sorry Nancy...my brother is a huge Giants fan and feels the same as you.

As a 49ers fan I'm bummed for a HoF player near the end....but if we don't beat Chicago Sunday I think we've got a lock on the second pick!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Darnold is gonna stay for another year, I think
    Giants messed this move up.  In a lost season you don't go to these losers at backup QB.
    He lost his two starting wrs....he has a rookie te that forgot how to catch and the RBs barely can be considered an NFL unit.
    I'm not necessarily a huge Eli fan but this is not only a tank move but they are so awful they would finish at least third lowest regardless.

As a 49ers fan I'm bummed for a HoF player near the end....but if we don't beat Chicago Sunday I think we've got a lock on the second pick!
    Garroppolo is going to win you games.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Darnold is gonna stay for another year, I think

I hope so.  I love the gamble of the pick to see him in action before spending or tagging/spending...but at the same time we are in the shitter right now and if we can keep the 2nd pick we can trade this for quite a bit and still get Barkley or Love down the board a bit. 
    Perhaps we can sucker someone like we did the Bears this year!
  • Darnold is gonna stay for another year, I think

I hope so.  I love the gamble of the pick to see him in action before spending or tagging/spending...but at the same time we are in the shitter right now and if we can keep the 2nd pick we can trade this for quite a bit and still get Barkley or Love down the board a bit. 
    Perhaps we can sucker someone like we did the Bears this year!
    You did get them last year. But I think they got a good qb. They need to fix that defense and offensive line. Give them 2 years and the bears will compete again. 

With garroppolo, sf has a good chance to be the rams of this year. They're not too far off. A couple of good draft picks and free agents signings and they will compete.
    I hope so again!

I do think that they have some good young players -- if that D line continues to mature and can stay healthy I think it can be a game changer..they have some serious young pedigree there. 

Need some strong secondary (CB especially) help if none of these kids step up
    a RB (if they don't keep Hyde),
    and some help at OL...and I think that they can be good.

Foster was an absolute steal in the draft (thanks Bears!) and I think he is going to be a beast at LB.  They have some other good LBs.

Pretty good TE play, great FB (which Shanny likes)
    Garcon will be back next year at WR, and I think one or two of the kids they are running out there at WR now can be players in Shanny's system.  (Taylor, Goodwin)

I know they have loads of cap room but given those needs unless they hit paydirt on draft picks ready to play I think they are at best 2 years from having a chance to get back to playoffs. 

The biggest IF is at QB.  No QB, no winning.  JG can be the man!

Hope you are right. 
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    That trade the 49ers pulled off with Bears is an ass raping even more after the Garappolo trade. 49ers ended up with Solomon Thomas and Gappolo off that trade. Plus an extra 3rd. 

49ers need to fix o-line first and foremost. Their 1st round pick will go for a tackle. You can't have your young QB get murdered like Beathard got this season. WR they can get in FA (see Philly) and they will continue rolling out young guys on defense until they find the right mix.  
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Happy December Degenerates!

Congratulations to Last12Exit for clinching 1st place for Week 12 with 6 correct picks - awesome job!

Also Last12Exit wins the 6 for 6 pot - 40.00

Great job by degenerates winning that pot this Season!

Week 12 Standings (not counting Thursday night and 1:00 games today - a bit late this week, I know}

Place                             DegenerateName                            TotalCorrectPicks

1.                                      Indifference71                                      44

2.                                     ed#'s                                                     43
    2.                                     Last12Exit                                             43

3.                                    rstein27                                                  41

4.                                   maynardsux                                            39

5.                                  fmeinthebrain                                           38

6.                                  dougfloyd                                                 37

7.                                  concussionpicks                                      35
    7.                                  Horos                                                       35
    7.                                  vermont21                                                35

8.                                  Ani                                                           34
    8.                                  njnancy                                                    34

9.                                 rustneversleeps                                        33
    9.                                 TheJuggler                                               33

Week 12 was a killer for me. It was great for a lot of people! We'll see how the rest of the Season pans out. 

Keep enjoying football - 4:30 games about to start. 

• Yet another 6/6 week. With a couple of more with the same chance. Are we getting better or the games getting easier to pick?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    njnancy said:

Congratulations to Last12Exit for clinching 1st place for Week 12 with 6 correct picks - awesome job!

Week 12 Standings (not counting Thursday night and 1:00 games today - a bit late this week, I know}

Place                             DegenerateName                            TotalCorrectPicks

1.                                      Indifference71                                      44

2.                                     ed#'s                                                     43
    2.                                     Last12Exit                                             43

3.                                    rstein27                                                  41

4.                                   maynardsux                                            39

5.                                  fmeinthebrain                                           38

6.                                  dougfloyd                                                 37

7.                                  concussionpicks                                      35
    7.                                  Horos                                                       35
    7.                                  vermont21                                                35

8.                                  Ani                                                           34
    8.                                  njnancy                                                    34

9.                                 rustneversleeps                                        33
    9.                                 TheJuggler                                               33

Week 12 was a killer for me. It was great for a lot of people! We'll see how the rest of the Season pans out. 

You forgot to include my 6 wins from last week. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Time for my downward spiral to begin
    njnancy said:

You forgot to include my 6 wins from last week. 
    I would never forget The Juggler!!  I have your 6 for 6 on my Degenerate Fantasy post.  =)
    Yet another 6/6 week. With a couple of more with the same chance. Are we getting better or the games getting easier to pick?
    We is subjective. Some are doing better and some are not. The standings have moved a lot this season. Unfortunately, I've moved down. 

I haven't found the games easy to pick all season. The spread has killed me by 1 or 2 points too many times. 

I am extremely superstitious, esp with football, so your follow up text may just save your season!! 

edited December 2017
    Happy, happy Week 14 Degenerates!

(McAdoo & Reese have left the building,  2 years overdue for Reese. Good riddance to both of you. And shut up Geno, just shut up. .Let's go Spag's!  Disclaimer - The opinions expressed here are not indicative of the entire Degenerate League; attributed to only  njnancy and FuckMe's brother.) 

Week 13 -

Congratulations to first place winner - Last12Exit - with 6 correct picks, again. 

Also winning the 6 for 6 pot for the third time and for two weeks in a row - Last12Exit.

This has been the six for six season for Eric and Scott!

Week 1-6   - 0
    Week 7      - 70,00 ed#'s
    Week 8      - 5.00 to both ed#'s & Last12Exit
    Week 9-11 - 0
    Week 12    - 40.00 to Last12Exit
    Week 13    - 10.00 to Last12Exit
    Week 14    - ?

Week 13 Standings as of 12/11/17 (not counting Thursday night's game)

Standing         Degenerate Name                 Number of Correct Picks
    1.                         Last12Exit                                       49

2.                         Indifference71                                 47
    2,                         ed#'s                                               47

3.                         rstein27                                           46

4.                         maynardsux                                    44

5.                         fmeinthebrain                                  42

6.                         dougfloyd                                        41

7.                         concussionpicks                              39

8.                         Horos                                               38
    8.                         njnancy                                            38
    8.                         rustneversleeps                               38
    8.                         vermont21                                       38

9.                        Ani                                                    37

10                      TheJuggler                                        36

All degenerates have paid their entry fee as of this week. 

Good luck today guys!

• njnancy said:
    Yet another 6/6 week. With a couple of more with the same chance. Are we getting better or the games getting easier to pick?
    We is subjective. Some are doing better and some are not. The standings have moved a lot this season. Unfortunately, I've moved down. 

I haven't found the games easy to pick all season. The spread has killed me by 1 or 2 points too many times. 

I am extremely superstitious, esp with football, so your follow up text may just save your season!! 

I have no doubt that I will not hold on to this lead for long.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    2 rough weeks in a row for me....gotta finish strong here to have a chance.  

We're doing winner take all, right?

I believe there is only a pay out to the first place winner(s), minus the 6 for 6 payouts which are an anomaly this year. 
    Good Luck Degenerates! 

Running late on my standings chart but want to congratulate Horos for coming in 1st place in Week 14 with 5 correct picks. 

Great job!

Giants are on, just got my picks in, More to come.....
  • Rough week. Need to do better than that
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    njnancy said:
    Good Luck Degenerates! 

Running late on my standings chart but want to congratulate Horos for coming in 1st place in Week 14 with 5 correct picks. 

Great job!

chinese-happy.jpg
    Ugggh, crapped the bed yesterday!
  • Y9u called the shit crap
    njnancy said:
    Good Luck Degenerates! 

Great job!

I just knew you scoured my standings' charts each week Juggler, The.  :D

A Merry Week 16 to my fellow degenerates.    Happy, Joyous, pick your adjective. 

I'm a bit behind and it's Christmas Eve so 

Week 14 Winner with 5 correct picks - 

Horos 

Week 15 Co-Winners with 4 correct picks each - 

Horos
    concussionpicks

Nice job on the 2 week run Horos!   And well done concussionpicks!

I'm skipping the chart for Week 14, I'm sure we can all handle its absence.

Standings at Week 15 as of 12/24/17 (hohoho) 1something PM (not counting Saturday games)

Standing                    Degenerate Name                         Number of Correct Picks

1.                               Last12Exit                                                56

2.                               rstein27                                                    52

3.                               Indifference71                                          51

4.                               ed#'s                                                        50

5.                              dougfloyd                                                  48
    5.                              fmeinthebrain                                            48

6.                              concussionpicks                                       47
    6.                              Horos                                                        47
    6.                              maynardsux                                              47

7.                              njnancy                                                     45

8.                             rustneversleeps                                         44

9.                             Ani                                                              42
    9.                             vermont21                                                  42

10.                          TheJuggler                                                  41         

The 6 for 6 pot has been safe for Week 14 & Week 15. Good luck this week. Maybe I'll get a Christmas miracle.  :|              

6 for 6

Weeks 1-6  -  0
    Week 7       - 70.00 ed#'s
    Week 8       - 5.00each ed#'s/last12exit
    Week 9-11   - 0   
    Week 12      - 40.00 last12exit
    Week 13      -  10.00 last12exit
    Week 14-15 - 0     
    Week 16 - ?

May all degenerates have the type of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day that brings them joy and love and minimal stress.  For those who may not celebrate - I wish you a peaceful Sunday and Monday and happiness in whatever you may celebrate. For all the Festivus celebrants - may your grievances be aired.  
  • rstein27rstein27 Racine, WI Posts: 220
    njnancy said:

I believe there is only a pay out to the first place winner(s), minus the 6 for 6 payouts which are an anomaly this year. 
    Had to look back a few pages but looks like the last discussion on it was
    1st - $300
    2nd - $90

Other $170 is 6-6 pool.  Stopped looking though after around page 3.

Pearl Jam: East Troy 1998, Chicago 1&2 2009, Philly 4 2009, PJ20 1&2 2011, Wrigley Field 2013, Brooklyn 1&2 2013, Moline 2014, Milwaukee 2014, Wrigley Field 1&2 2016, London 1 2018, Wrigley 1, 2018

EV Solo: Milwaukee 2008, Chicago 1 2009, Seattle 2 2009. Ft Lauderdale 2 2012
    edited December 2017
    rstein27 said:
    njnancy said:

Had to look back a few pages but looks like the last discussion on it was
    1st - $300
    2nd - $90

Other $170 is 6-6 pool.  Stopped looking though after around page 3.

There is going to be 40.00 left of the 170.00 held for the 6 for 6 pool, as there has been no winner Week 14 - 17. All 6 for 6 winnings have been paid.

I wasn't involved in deciding how the payout would be split up. I'll have to go back and read the beginning of the thread. What's left over from the 6 for 6 (which is usually a lot more) is absorbed into the total winnings I'm assuming. 

Week 16 winner was rstein with 5 correct picks - good job.

Last day of year - Last day of the pool.

Anyone have any wisdom on the subject, please impart......