Royal wedding

The news here in the u.k is non stop with.
American to join royal family
Mixed race to join royal family
I can't be the only one who ,
A= doesn't need to bang on about mixed race royal.
B=divorcee marrying a prince
C=American joining the royal family.
Seriously is this a big deal?
brixton 93
astoria 06
albany 06
hartford 06
reading 06
barcelona 06
paris 06
wembley 07
dusseldorf 07
nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    you tell us. its your system.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I just had to sit through 10 minutes of this royal engagement news during the evening news on tv whilst more important local news stories were relegated to follow the royal news.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    mickeyrat said:
    No need to be like that.
    Let's not conflate country with individual.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Not a big deal to me no.
    I do see a lot of Americans on tv love the royal family.
    I do not
    But as for the past of this lady i have no idea how its THAT important ,but the news s solid on this and her background. The tv presenter piers morgan was saying if you go back and look at royal weddings there were never even black people at the event

So i guess culturally its good . I just wonder how Americans view it?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Yeah and its not MY system
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    There’s a whole lot more important issues to be concerned with than who the prince is marrying at least here in America , remember we’re dealing with a deranged orange bafoon who poses as our president..
    sorry but I don’t care at all about royal weddings..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Me either. The fuss is ridiculous here. And i cannot even imagine the state of mind the American people must be in with the dotard in charge of your country
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

mickeyrat said:
    No need to be like that.
    excuse me, WE dont have Royal Family here , so really is beyond the scope of our collective experience.

As to your question, is it a big deal. I tend to think that after Camilla all bets are off.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I wish them as much happiness as any other couple I don't know.

Honestly, I care about this on the same (non)level as such-and-such celebrity "revealing" the gender of their baby.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    hedonist said:
    I wish them as much happiness as any other couple I don't know.

Honestly, I care about this on the same (non)level as such-and-such celebrity "revealing" the gender of their baby.
    Yeah...this, pretty much.

She is hot.  He seems like he has fun.
    I know neither of them.
    If I had the attention from the press that they have I would dig a hole and live in it.
    Good luck to you both.

(I did enjoy The Crown on Netflix, though.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • The media attention here is insane. Not my bag but you get these devoted royalistswho are nuts for the whole thing. I ve never understood the mentality. Spoiled bastards
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    I care about the royal family about as much as I care about the Kardashians.  

• brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Sounds like fodder for the celebrity news machine.  I'm sure it will be on million- maybe billions?-  of TV's across the word... but not mine! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Celebrity worship.
    Ick.

At least yours is classier than ours!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • C'mon, in these current days of division and hatred even a ginger person can find love? This is a good, happy story!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    C'mon, in these current days of division and hatred even a ginger person can find love? This is a good, happy story!
    "Even a ginger"?!  :angry:

(I'm a ginger, dammit! =) )

Like every Royal event, it is heavily saturated on the news and breakfast television here.
    Like ever day for a week at least. 
    It's insane.
    edited November 2017
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    No need to be like that.
    excuse me, WE dont have Royal Family here , so really is beyond the scope of our collective experience.

Well duh!
    It's the tone of your post that got my goat.
    Rethink the way you communicate with people here, you come across as (name-calling deleted by Admin. no, don't do that.)

Post edited by Kat on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2017
    Technically I don't give a flying fuck and I find it all pretty tedious, although must admit that there is still a kind of personal historical interest for me because I used to spend a lot of time in England, and I was in London when Di and Charles got married. We saw the kiss from the balcony and Buckingham Palace, the carriage going down the street and shit. Everyone was going nuts. I even still have the commemorative cup and coin, lol. There were also a bunch of "after parties" all over the place - I went to this kids costume party, but since I was only in the country temporarily I had no costume items, so I wore a bathing suit and claimed to be a bathing beauty. :lol: Anyway, the whole thing was a crazy big deal there, as I'm sure many remember, and it was a really fun and exciting time to be in London. We actually visited St. Paul's Cathedral only a couple days before the wedding - my dad had an "in" through an old friend with some pull so we were allowed in (or were snuck in? Not quite sure how that worked) - and I fell down the stairs and the Archbishop of Canterbury caught me. He put me back on my feet and told me to be careful, lol (he actually likely saved me from being seriously injured). So anyway, all those memories from the time around Charles and Diana's wedding forces a sense of connection to all these ridiculous royal weddings - I can't seem to shake it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonist said:
    C'mon, in these current days of division and hatred even a ginger person can find love? This is a good, happy story!

My apologies hedonist. 
    I am just frustrated as I didn't get a wedding invite in the post this morning!
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    it gives the people a distraction. you know, to keep their minds off of how badly they are being fucked by the system.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    No need to be like that.

Well duh!
    Rethink the way you communicate with people here, you come across as (name-calling deleted by Admin. no, don't do that.)

right. tone.

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited November 2017
    hedonist said:

Gingers are the most beautiful and unique, I would say. :) 
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • PJ_Soul said:i
    Technically I don't give a flying fuck and I find it all pretty tedious, although must admit that there is still a kind of personal historical interest for me because I used to spend a lot of time in England, and I was in London when Di and Charles got married. We saw the kiss from the balcony and Buckingham Palace, the carriage going down the street and shit. Everyone was going nuts. I even still have the commemorative cup and coin, lol. There were also a bunch of "after parties" all over the place - I went to this kids costume party, but since I was only in the country temporarily I had no costume items, so I wore a bathing suit and claimed to be a bathing beauty. :lol: Anyway, the whole thing was a crazy big deal there, as I'm sure many remember, and it was a really fun and exciting time to be in London. We actually visited St. Paul's Cathedral only a couple days before the wedding - my dad had an "in" through an old friend with some pull so we were allowed in (or were snuck in? Not quite sure how that worked) - and I fell down the stairs and the Archbishop of Canterbury caught me. He put me back on my feet and told me to be careful, lol (he actually likely saved me from being seriously injured). So anyway, all those memories from the time around Charles and Diana's wedding forces a sense of connection to all these ridiculous royal weddings - I can't seem to shake it.
    I also remember some kind of street party for that. My dear old nan was well into it. Bless.
    People seems to look at it here as a distraction from the stupid brexit and terror alerts and attacks i guess.Thoughts_Arrive said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    No need to be like that.

Well duh!

Yes the tone was way off for just a light hearted conversation . Hostile really not called for but hey people are all different and each to their own. Peace .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Gingers are ok with me.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    "Celebrity weddings are the opium of the people."
    -Karl Marx

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• I don't even like a family wedding. Marriage is overrated!imo
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

brianlux said:
    "Celebrity weddings are the opium of the people."
    -Karl Marx

haha! I like that.
    edited November 2017
    Post deleted by Admin
    Post edited by Sea on