***Official U2 Appreciation Thread***

Comments

• Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278

Got two reserved seats for Nashville--Section 113 (off the back corner of Edge's side of the stage) for $106 face-value each (plus about $30 in fees for each, blergh). Hoping the angle is good enough to see the effects of the long screen over the runway fairly well (this is, by all accounts, using the stage setup from 2015 i+e tour, which I didn't get to go see), but I couldn't bring myself to drop $325 to sit down the sides of the arena for the clearer view.

Thought the Verified fan presale was pretty smooth--I was able to pull up and throw back seats at various price ranges as I tried to figure out the best bang for my buck, without fear all seats would immediately be gone when I clicked "Search Again." And I actually did some window-shopping on the Boston show (which went on sale an hour ahead of Nashville due to time zone) for a few minutes, to figure out what the price tiers were, since the preview page for Nashville only listed the $41 minimum and $325 maximum, with no indication what else was available.

FYI, the tiers (as I remember them) are as follows, based on the two venues I looked at:

GA Floor: $76 (more for Red Zone, I assume $171 or $325, but I didn't check)

Lower bowl: $325 along sideline; $171 and $106 in corners (depending, I assume, on how affected the viewing angle of the long screen is); $76 far end of arena (straight view of main stage, no view of side-facing long screen); $41 behind stage (straight-on view, no sightline of long screen)

Club level: Priced same as lower bowl--$325 on sideline, less if there are seats rounding the corner and end (not the case at all arenas)

Upper deck: $325 on sideline down low (first row, at least, maybe the first few?) then less as you get higher and as you go around the arena

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited November 2017
    CJ260717 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Got two ga tickets for the newark, nj show today....very very easy.
    I'm in tomorrow's presale.  When did you get code?  Did you have a chance to find good seats?  Did the presale sell out?  Very curious...
    Code was texted to me at 7:46 am.   I got two ga tickets. I have no clue if the presale is sold out. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Just looked at the prices for U2 at the Forum in L.A.    $330 for most of the lower level......hoping I can score the $81 GA floor in the second fanclub sale tomorrow morning.
  • I was able to score a pair of GA tix for Montreal. Phew!!!! I thought for sure the GA tix would have sold out yesterday. This years Grand Prix in Montreal is gonna rock.

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    worst pre-sale process I have ever been a part of. verified fan is a joke. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    GA seats for L.A. sold out during the "experience" presale......was able to get $111 seats during the "innocence" presale
    worst pre-sale process I have ever been a part of. verified fan is a joke. 
    Why what happened?
  • jjflash said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Bit of a rip-off that you need to pre-renew your membership in order to qualify to buy fan club tickets for the new dates.
    :open_mouth: So if you're a paying fan club member for 2017 you're unable to buy tix that go on sale in 2017? You have to pre-purchase a 2018 membership to qualify? What a bogus cash grab :minus_one:
    You only had to do that if you used your presale codes for the Joshua Tree Tour earlier this year. If you didn't, then you didn't have to renew your subscription. This as the presale codes are only valid once per annual subscription.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    GA seats for L.A. sold out during the "experience" presale......was able to get $111 seats during the "innocence" presale
    With ALL of these pre-sales, will ther be any tickets left for the General sale?
    I have the u2 presale access code for citi card member if anyones interested:  (it is for the newark , nj show):

Access code: W8EPJ
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    Picked up tix for me and the wife for the Vegas show during the Innocence presale. First level, row K at the end of the arena. Won't have a great view of the long video screens (assuming it's like the I+E tour), but we'll have a great head on view of the main stage and will be nice and close to the b stage. Will be my third time seeing U2 in the course of a year. Should be fun getting to see the show and spending my first extended time in Vegas.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    edited November 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    I have the u2 presale access code for citi card member if anyones interested:  (it is for the newark , nj show):

Access code: W8EPJ
    Man, i wish i knew that my Mom has a Citi Card(didn't know until yesterday=TOO LATE)>Thanks for that code, anyway.

I also DIDN'T KNOW you had to register BEFORE the Public on-sale, that's going on right now!! I find out about 7 hours ago and it was too late to register(had to be done by the 18th). I didn't read the FINE PRINT!

They just make it harder & harder for the average fan to get tickets, or is it just me?
    Post edited by cutz on
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    It's not you.  I paid (again) for the presale but the TM app wouldn't let me get tickets last week.  Tried the general sale today but I need an offer code that was never sent to me.  I actually don't care if see them again.  It's a joke how they play to their fan base but offer very little.

Plus 10 Club kinda spoils us when it comes to tickets for great live music....
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Struck out today

if anyone needs to unload Boston tickets, looking for 3

CJ260717 said:
    It's not you.  I paid (again) for the presale but the TM app wouldn't let me get tickets last week.  Tried the general sale today but I need an offer code that was never sent to me.  I actually don't care if see them again.  It's a joke how they play to their fan base but offer very little.

Plus 10 Club kinda spoils us when it comes to tickets for great live music....
    Good to know it wasn't me.

That sucks what happen to you with the TM App. Also, it's worse that you didn't get a Code for the General sale today. That was BS. I can't blame your frustrations and not bothering to see them. 

Agree: 10 Club is a hell of a lot better.

I just went on TM and i don't see 2nd, or 3rd shows, in the same city haven been added? But, i see that you can Register again for U2 Fan Club, Citi Card pre-sale & General sale. Unless i'm reading this wrong?

https://u2.tmverifiedfan.com/

Register for ticket access!

Registration ends November 24 at 6am PT.

Presale begins November 28.

Registration ends November 27 at 10pm PT.

Presale begins November 30.
    Registration is free. Sign up now.

Registration ends December 1 at 10pm PT.

Onsale begins December 4 or
    December 5, depending on market.
    Registration is free. Sign up now.

• Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    What a joke this was 

the whole thing

i guess I'll wait for more NY/NJ shows to be added 
    The U2 ticket prices are so high....I wonder if they will only do 1 show in each city as a result.
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    The U2 ticket prices are so high....I wonder if they will only do 1 show in each city as a result.
    yeah u2 tickets are insane.  ga is where it is at...I think I paid $205 for both tickets including all fees and bs.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    u2 tickets have been like that for years.   GA is reasonable but the seats are always insanely expensive.  I think it's been like that since how to dismantle an atomic bomb tour.    I found it cheaper to join the fan club and buy GA tickets, than to use TM and pay for seats.  Then again after the I&E tour a few years ago, I felt I was good with seeing u2 live for a while.   The Joshua Tree tour was the first tour I'd skipped since going to my first u2 show on the popmart tour.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I bought floor seats near the catwalk for $50 back in 97' for the Pop tour. I remember thinking that was alot of money then, so maybe they've always been priced high.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    U2 coming to Europa. 
    The U2ie tour 2015 in Ziggo Dome Amsterdam was excellent. 
    First time I saw them. Almost felt religious. 
    The rather small venue for a big Stadion band like U2 was perfect. Front row GA. 

Then in the Joshua Tree tour 2017 in Amsterdam Arena was also superb. 

Never went to to a concert before because it never fitted in my agenda but damn....stupid me. 

Now i I will never miss them again. 

| Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • RideRick said:
    U2 coming to Europa. 
    The U2ie tour 2015 in Ziggo Dome Amsterdam was excellent. 
    First time I saw them. Almost felt religious. 
    The rather small venue for a big Stadion band like U2 was perfect. Front row GA. 

Then in the Joshua Tree tour 2017 in Amsterdam Arena was also superb. 

Never went to to a concert before because it never fitted in my agenda but damn....stupid me. 

Now i I will never miss them again. 

Yah. They're awesome.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Looking for 1 for Nassau Colliseum , i can repay the favor with my extra for the upcoming PJ american tour shows when ever that might be plus $ hit me up with a PM , thanks in advance member # 27xxx
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Wow. The new album is kinda fucking good. 

Like. Really unexpectedly good for U2 in 2017.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    I'm on my first listen.  I thought Songs of Innocence was great, but before that it 2 or 3 duds in a row,  So far, this sounds great (I'm on Red Flag Day).

In for GA at Chicago 5/23.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Wow. The new album is kinda fucking good. 

I'm actually really really excited for this album.
    www.cluthelee.com
    for the record, its not a top 3 of the year good (like Rolling Stone says), but for 21st century U2, its really good. 
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    for the record, its not a top 3 of the year good (like Rolling Stone says), but for 21st century U2, its really good. 
    Just for comparison who would you put as top 3 or 5 this year? I haven't really been over excited for much this year, have to dl this today though.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    how are you guys listening to the new album already?