Options

Wrigley Bootlegs...

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,102
    DJ253147 said:
    Can I please ask what the deal is about silver pressed CD's please. Thanks in advance.
    My understanding is the silver CDs hold up longer over time. Sound wise, there would be no difference. 
    Yah, the dye inside burn discs doesn't last as long as silver pressed cd's.  Plus everyone can burn cd's, so buying a professional cd, and having it burned.  It makes it feel a little do it at home like.... :)
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Air23 said:
    Nugs told me that silver-pressed are sold out
    Sold out since when? Just wondering if I ordered in time or not.
    First batch of preorders
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,487
    They sound great!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    DJ253147 said:
    Can I please ask what the deal is about silver pressed CD's please. Thanks in advance.
    Silver pressed is professionally made CDs

Burnt dics are what you do at home.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Zod said:
    DJ253147 said:
    My understanding is the silver CDs hold up longer over time. Sound wise, there would be no difference. 
    Yah, the dye inside burn discs doesn't last as long as silver pressed cd's.  Plus everyone can burn cd's, so buying a professional cd, and having it burned.  It makes it feel a little do it at home like.... :)
    Wait, so if I order the CD's now, they are basically just cheap burned discs, nothing more? Is the sound going to be any better than an .mp3 to someone who's not an audiophile? 
  • Options
    Why release the CD's at all in anything but professional quality? 
  • Options
    VanEyckVanEyck Posts: 171
    Attaway77 said:
    These sound great!! Night 2 defiantly kicks ass.. "Time Has Come Today" rolling right into "RITFW" is badass... F**k I love this band...
    I second that - big fan of the "Time Has Come Today" tag/intro... A nice surprise
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Why release the CD's at all in anything but professional quality? 
    It costs more to press cd's than to burn them.  Burning is more cost effective when dealing with smaller quantities.  Plus it allows them to burn on demand.  they don't have to order 5000 more and hope they sell them.  someone orders 1 more, they can make it on the fly.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Zod said:
    DJ253147 said:
    Wait, so if I order the CD's now, they are basically just cheap burned discs, nothing more? Is the sound going to be any better than an .mp3 to someone who's not an audiophile? 
    mp3 is compressed (aka Lossy).   CD's (burned or pressed) would be the equivelent of buying the FLAC (which is lossess)
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Zod said:
    DJ253147 said:
    You're making some confusion here.. in the case of silver pressed vs burned to order discs what's affected is not the sound quality per se, in fact it's the same (and better than mp3's of course). The thing is: silver pressed discs will be much more durature and you'll not have to worry about the discs being unreadable after some years.. that is not to say your burned to order disc will turn to shit after few years (unless you treat it with no care at all), but they will be much more sensitive to scuffs, sunlight, etc..
  • Options
    movaughnmovaughn Posts: 1,293
    I got a rude reply from 10 Club about preorder. I asked why pre order them if we can’t get them on or close to release. The reply I got is that that’s not the definition of pre order with a wiki pedia link. 

After a couple emails with Nugs, I got an answer. They should ship Friday due to unforeseen manufacturing issues. 

Chris
    Alpine Valley - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley - Oct 08, 2000, Alpine Valley - Jun 21, 2003
    United Center - May 16, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006
    Alpine Valley - Sep 03, 2011, Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Wrigley Field - August 20, 2016, Wrigley Field - August 22, 2016
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    movaughn said:
    I got a rude reply from 10 Club about preorder. I asked why pre order them if we can’t get them on or close to release. The reply I got is that that’s not the definition of pre order with a wiki pedia link. 

After a couple emails with Nugs, I got an answer. They should ship Friday due to unforeseen manufacturing issues. 

Chris
    Yikes. I'm a customer service rep. I'd be fired if I talked to a customer that way.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    DJ253147 said:
    You're making some confusion here.. in the case of silver pressed vs burned to order discs what's affected is not the sound quality per se, in fact it's the same (and better than mp3's of course). The thing is: silver pressed discs will be much more durature and you'll not have to worry about the discs being unreadable after some years.. that is not to say your burned to order disc will turn to shit after few years (unless you treat it with no care at all), but they will be much more sensitive to scuffs, sunlight, etc..
    Thanks. Just  seems for $18 it should be a silver pressed and not a burned disc but I guess that's the world we live in.
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Inside Job from night 1.....goddamn!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Downloaded the Wrigley boots for the drive down to the in-laws for American Thanksgiving. Holy shit are they fucking awesome. Both nights killed but night 2 was definitely the better of the two. 
    Only issues were they either didn't have Stone miked properly or didn't mix it well for Don't Gimme No Lip and they had too much Boom and not enough Mike on Crazy Mary(I like the back and forth Boom/Mike solo but this was just mixed wrong).
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    edited November 2017
    movaughn said:

Chris
    Are you saying that Tenclub is lacking when it comes to communicating with the fans that make up this fanclub?

Thats Preposterous. 

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,747
    PJNB said:
    Of the Earth sounds as amazing as I remembered it. That first set on the second night was great relentless.
    A truly jaw-dropping performance 
    First set, 2nd Night was something like 13 straight songs pre1998. Fantastic 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    PJNB said:
    Of the Earth sounds as amazing as I remembered it. That first set on the second night was great relentless.
    A truly jaw-dropping performance 
    First set, 2nd Night was something like 13 straight songs pre1998. Fantastic 
    T’was a sight to be hold
  • Options
    Seems definitely defiant to me. Yikes. However, these boots are sweat. Er...sweet.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    edited November 2017
    Shows 16&17 for me.  These are probably my fav boots since the gorge shows.  Both are amazing...  I for one cannot pick out a clear cut fav, at least not yet.
    Post edited by SomethingCreative on
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Anyone else receive their CD boots yet? I got mine yesterday and they are all screwed up. None of the songs are named, they are just track 1, track 2 etc. Also, the labels are all messed up, disc 1 is actually disc 2. 

NYPJ
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    ^ Havent received mine yet. I wonder if that's an isolated issue or widespread 
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Not received yet.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,354
    It's been so long since I've bought CDs from Nugs, that I don't remember, does Nugs or 10c send shipping emails with tracking?
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    RP112579 said:
    It's been so long since I've bought CDs from Nugs, that I don't remember, does Nugs or 10c send shipping emails with tracking?
    When I ordered mine from 2016 it took like 5 weeks to ship to Canada. I do not remember any tracking info. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    Pre-ordered within 20 minutes of them going on sale...maybe sooner. Still waiting
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    mschostok said: Band was on absolute fire (especially second night).
    I second (night) that! :wink:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 598
    If going the digital download route is it worth spending the extra for ALAC quality? Can you still play ALAC on your iPhone/iPad?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    DJ253147 said:
    If going the digital download route is it worth spending the extra for ALAC quality? Can you still play ALAC on your iPhone/iPad?
    Yes, if you don’t mind taking up 1-1.5 GB of space on your iPhone/iPad for one show.
    I always buy ALAC for the lossless quality. I just set my iPod to convert to 256kbps AAC before syncing to save disk space. That way I can keep the lossless files on my iMac library while not having to create & store duplicate converted files directly on the computer. 

Note: You cannot Play ALAC-HD on your iDevice.
  • Options
    tup30tup30 Posts: 115
    still waiting here too, ordered immediately upon release (not complaining, im beyond thrilled they were finally released).

i was at night one, damn near a religious experience