Dating as A PJ Fan

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    ^^^I am good with the wedge heels too. Does that help? :naughty:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2017
    :lol: Well, it's better, but not great, lol.
    (hey, I get that heels look good - they make legs and butts look better, and posture too... but damn, they fuck up a woman's body over time. I wish us women weren't so stupid and vain and sexually competitive as to embrace a fashion that is so terrible for us! If we all stopped doing it, men (and lesbians) would still like us ;) ).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    (hey, I get that heels look good - they make legs and butts look better, and posture too... but damn, they fuck up a woman's body over time. I wish us women weren't so stupid and vain and sexually competitive as to embrace a fashion that is so terrible for us! If we all stopped doing it, men (and lesbians) would still like us ;) ).
    I think heels look terrible, even the women who wear them most naturally still walk around looking like birds. 

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think heels look terrible, even the women who wear them most naturally still walk around looking like birds. 

Good, I'm glad you don't like them! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited November 2017
    I'm just going to put this here. Sorry to rain on your heel-loving parade darwinstheory, but it's for the greater good. =)
    Alright, sorry to everyone else too... back to the topic now!

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/high-heels

The average woman gets foot pain after a mere hour in pumps. But high heels impact your body beyond just making you wanna sit down. Here's how they affect different parts of your body—and why that's something you might not want to stand for anymore.

Feet
    • Normally, your feet act like spring-loaded, weight-distributing shock absorbers, cushioning your skeleton from crazy amounts of pounding. Jam these engineering marvels into high heels and. . .ouch. You've shifted much of your mass onto the balls of your feet and your tiny, delicate toe bones.

• The higher the heel, the bigger the impact: One study found that four-inch stilettos can up the amount of pressure on the front of the foot by 30 percent or more.

• Your heel-to-toe transition becomes abrupt, forcing you to swap your natural stride for a staccato walk. Strutting like this all the time could usher in bone and nerve damage (not to mention blisters and ingrown toenails).

Ankles and Calves
    • Wearing heels forces your ankles to bend forward, a movement that could restrict circulation in your lower limbs. If you're a perennial high-heel wearer, this could eventually spell spider veins.

• Walking in heels also stiffens your Achilles tendons, which anchor your calf muscles to your heels, causing your calves to bunch up. If you've had your tall pumps on all day, you might have trouble walking naturally when you first kick off your kicks. (You can work to offset this stiffness by flexing your feet—shoeless—several times throughout the day.)

• Over time, stiletto devotees can develop chronically taut (and shortened!) ankle and calf tendons, making walking—even in flats—painful.

Knees
    • Another pro shock absorber, the knee is the largest joint in your body. It's built to take a licking, but frequent high-heel use can put extra stress on the inner sides of the knees, fast-tracking the wear and tear that leads to osteoarthritis.

Hips
    • To keep from keeling over in stacked shoes, you have to thrust your hips forward, arch your back, and push out your chest. That familiar sexy stance works the outer hip muscles and tendons hard (and not in a good way).

Back
    • In order to sashay around in heels, your spine needs to sway unnaturally, a process that stresses your lumbar erector spinae muscle. Result: sore lower back.

• As with your other body parts, your back needs a break. If you wear high pumps one day, don cushioned flats the next. Or save your spikes for special nights out—and never walk around in them for longer than a few hours at a time.

Sources: Danielle Barkema, M.S., Northwestern University; Karen Erickson, D. C., F.A.C.C., Erickson Healing Arts, New York City; Christopher Powers, Ph.D., University of Southern California; Marlene Reid, D.P.M., Family Podiatry Center, Naperville, Illinois

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:

When a woman knows how to walk in heels that is sexy as hell.

When she walks like a bird, she was better off not wearing them.
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:

You are deluding yourself, they are all birdwalkin, some are just better at it.
    Seriously, it's a completely unnatural gait, even when it's performed with grace.  
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Whenever I meet an attractive women the last thing I worry about is her choice of shoes.  Unless of course she is wearing Crocs.  Now that's a deal breaker lol
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I really prefer that they just be breathing and willing. :blush: Hahahaha
    I am actually very close to being at that stage right now. :bee:
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    KC138045 said:
    Whenever I meet an attractive women the last thing I worry about is her choice of shoes.  Unless of course she is wearing Crocs.  Now that's a deal breaker lol
    What  about clogs?
  • rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Seriously, it's a completely unnatural gait, even when it's performed with grace.  
    I'm guessing you haven't seen it done right yet, lol.
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    I only wear runners, is this why I've never had a boyfriend? :tongue:
  • So just willing participants really?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    edited November 2017
    I think you people are being too broad in your preference for a romantic suitor. Why not narrow it down?
    I am only interested in dating a girl who thinks No Code is the best PJ album.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    PJ_Soul said:
    As long as she's no shorter than 6 feet.
    Wow. I understand liking tall women if you're very tall, but geez, that really limits your options. There aren't very many women who are taller than 6'.... unless you mean when they wear heels (hubba hubba btw - sounds like you're really really tall; that is very attractive to me - I like extremely tall men ... but I'm "only" 5'10" :lol:;) ).
    I am 6' 2". Do you love No Code?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • That's me out..riot act all the way well and yield. And im a man..
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    KC138045 said:
    Hahahaha......personally I like short women and I'm 6'2".  My ex wife is only 5'4"
    Same height here. How's your neck?
    KC138045 said:
    Whenever I meet an attractivhe women the last thing I worry about is her choice of shoes.  Unless of course she is wearing Crocs.  Now that's a deal breaker lol
    Crocs are a definite deal breaker. As PJSOUL eluded to, sometimes heels can help a lesser attractive person appear more attractive. 

Sorry, this thread had gotten way off track. I only want to find someone who's as into PJ as me, with their favorite album being No Code and their favorite song being Off He Goes.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Okay okay, ya know what looks best on a woman? I mean super hot and attractive? 

Confidence (not the bitchy kind of confidence though).
    KC138045 said:
    Whenever I meet an attractivhe women the last thing I worry about is her choice of shoes.  Unless of course she is wearing Crocs.  Now that's a deal breaker lol
    I only want to find someone who's as into PJ as me, with their favorite album being No Code and their favorite song being Off He Goes.
    are you a she?
    I'm a he.
    KC138045 said:
    Hahahaha......personally I like short women and I'm 6'2".  My ex wife is only 5'4"
    Better since the divorce :lol:
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm guessing you haven't seen it done right yet, lol.
    Well I have seen TV lol
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    If I can’t expect my girlfriend to have high standards in guys than I can’t expect her to have high standards in music.
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wow. I understand liking tall women if you're very tall, but geez, that really limits your options. There aren't very many women who are taller than 6'.... unless you mean when they wear heels (hubba hubba btw - sounds like you're really really tall; that is very attractive to me - I like extremely tall men ... but I'm "only" 5'10" :lol:;) ).
    Lol, of course I do!
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Lol, of course I do!
    Let's get together. 
    KC138045 said:
    KC138045 said:
    Better since the divorce :lol:
    Was guessing that!
    I only wear runners, is this why I've never had a boyfriend? :tongue:
    Come to Australia. Activewear is so popular now. Girls at my university wear compression leggings, runners and sports apparel hoodies/jumpers or casual.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Lol, of course I do!
    Let's get together. 
    Move to Canada and I'll think about it. ;)
    I think we need a Pearl Jam tour dating service. All fans that are single get one ticket through the lottery and the other goes to someone we match with. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018