Options

Eddie Vedder - Keep Me In Your Heart. David Letterman: The Kennedy Center Mark Twain Prize

2»

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,356
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,239
    igotid88 said:
    Awesome! Thanks for posting. Flawless performance by Ed. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,817
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    Thanks igotid88 and demetrios for posting!
  • Options
    Anyone else notice "TP" on his guitar?  Don't know if its been said already but that has to be for Tom Petty.
    2003: Nashville, Lexington, St.Louis
    2004: St. Louis
    2006: Cincinnati
    2008: Columbia, VA Beach
    2009: Chicago x2, Atlanta (EV) x2
    2010: St. Louis, Noblesville
    2011: St.Louis (EV), Alpine Valley x2
    2012: Pensacola, Atlanta, Memphis (EV)
    2013: Chicago, OKC
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Lexington, chicago x2
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,538
    Good call on the TP.  I was wondering.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Beautiful.
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 604
    Anyone else notice "TP" on his guitar?  Don't know if its been said already but that has to be for Tom Petty.
    My thoughts exactly. 
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    I'm pretty sure that is Tom Petty's guitar. If I can find where I read that I'll post a link.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,430
    Such moving lyrics.....Warren Zevon recorded that entire album after he knew of his "pending demise" ( those were his words )
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,879
    Jed said:
    I'm pretty sure that is Tom Petty's guitar. If I can find where I read that I'll post a link.
    Think I read that he told a story about it at the Citi Sound Vault show.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Pity there was no Andy Breckman. I'll just have to add him here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqOZxkqk8MQ

• Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Between Dave and Al, good thing this event went off before the shit hit the fan.  Dave was a fan of carrying on w his subordinates so the story goes.  
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Noload said:
    Between Dave and Al, good thing this event went off before the shit hit the fan.  Dave was a fan of carrying on w his subordinates so the story goes.  
    I don't believe there's much to the Al thing. Sucks that his part was cut from the broadcast. As with Dave. I believe they were consensual. I don't think he was harassing.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    igotid88 said:
    Noload said:
    I don't believe there's much to the Al thing. Sucks that his part was cut from the broadcast. As with Dave. I believe they were consensual. I don't think he was harassing.
    We knows?  All they needed was Louis CK and Charlie Rose there to really make it an interesting celebration. 
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,239
    igotid88 said:
    Noload said:
    I don't want to derail this good natured thread since this is more for the thread in AMT, but there really is no such thing as consensual between someone who is in a position of power and subordinates. It's an abuse of the position and authority it wields. That has been a muddy area lately it seems. Most regular people would be terminated for carrying on with a subordinate.

Anyway, Ed was awesome and I loved how great his voice sounded. Hope that means recording is around the corner :)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:
    Noload said:
    I don't want to derail this good natured thread since this is more for the thread in AMT, but there really is no such thing as consensual between someone who is in a position of power and subordinates. It's an abuse of the position and authority it wields. That has been a muddy area lately it seems. Most regular people would be terminated for carrying on with a subordinate.

Anyway, Ed was awesome and I loved how great his voice sounded. Hope that means recording is around the corner :)
    Yeah. But there have been legitimate relationships that have come out of the workplace. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited November 2017
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:
    Noload said:

Yeah. But there have been legitimate relationships that have come out of the workplace. 
    For sure, and I actually find it kind of scary that there are people out there who feel like there is no such thing as a consensual relationship like this. I mean, holy shit. I have known SO many couples who met at work, where one was the other's subordinate, one way or the other. Many of these people have been married for years. In fact, that is how my parents met! My dad was a teacher and my mom was his classroom teaching assistant. They were married 6 months after her first day on the job. There was nothing wrong about it. I would warn anyone against being black and white about love, sex, relationship dynamics, and emotions. It just doesn't work.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    If you live outside the USA ..

• Options
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218

Looks like this Black Fender...

'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options

• Options
    and that interview lead me to this iloveyoutube
    ed cover. the best ever
    Eddie Vedder Keep Me In Your Heart (Warren Zevon)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhOlck6wyQQ