Options

*** Rio de Janeiro Fanviews 12/4 Here

2»

Comments

• Options
    Marga wrote:
    They even played Last Kiss. Not even Last Kiss ruined a perfect evening... Thanks!

Ha! Ha! This is great! All of these shows sound fantastic. Is there a better way to kick off the holiday season than seeing Pearl Jam live? I hope they play "Let Me Sleep" for you before they close out their South American tour.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    Gabi wrote:
    I can´t believe !!! I went to both concerts at Sao Paulo and they didn´t play this one !!! I´m so, so gealous !!!

don't even tell me about it, i love dissident!!!
    "look in my eyes deep and watch the clouds change with time"
  • Options
    What a night... I'm 31 and waited for this since 91... they were exactly the way thar I wonder... like 1991...like ten... like garage band

When me and my wife were waiting we were thinking:" how can so many younger people know then?" The two guys behind us said: "they are classic, like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Ramones... everybody knows!"

And I'm so happy bacause the show was exactly like this, a classic band with a garage spirit.
  • Options
    I Have Only A Few Words To Resume My Feelings.

It Was The Best Fucking Trip Of My Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Just got out of exams in Canada, and reading about the Incredible set list in RIo Last night, WOW... I just want to get home and download the show , i have to hear it, ive DL the rest of the South AMerican tour, and all i can say is the boys are in a place that suits them. THe Music, the Crazy music starving fans, people who live in beautiful places, and when they hear the tunes they think freedom, when the band hears them they think freedom..

All i know is this new album, is gonna show the world ten fold that PJ never lost its lustre, and to all those who thought they did, you've missed out on some amazing music.

Oh Yeah i almost forgot...EDDIE FUCKIN STAGED DIVED? HA unbelievable...Ive been looking at some great black and white photographs...here is the URL http://www.pbase.com/efroten/pjsa2005
    they are beautiful pics... its almost better than seeing them in color...

I just hope for a safe return for the band after this tour, and i know you boyz will do it up and ROCK THE FUCK OUT IN CRAZY STYLE in MEXICO ....
    VIVA LA TEQUILA... Eddie becareful not to mix ...wine and tequila have no mercy

PLease Play FOOTSTEPS in MEXICO....

over and out......peace
    You don't have to stray .. two oceans away,
    Waves roll in my thoughts .. hold tight the ring...
    The sea will rise...Please stand by the shore...

Toronto'00, Montreal'00 Toronto'03 Montreal '03 Halifax '05
    Toronto'06 Montreal'06
  • Options
    Since I was 16 years old, I was waiting for it... now I'm 29 years old and I win a perfect gift (my birthday is in December, 19): I saw Pearl Jam playing in my city! A explosion of feelings making me cry in many songs, like Elderly Woman, Betterman (man, I was one of the 40000 voices singing this beautiful song), Black, Dissident, Yellow Ledbetter, Alive, Jeremy, Animal, Given To Fly... Ed is fantastic, he had all the 40000 fans in his hands all the time... but he is in our hearts... all the band is in our hearts, with sure. And I know, we win a little piece of their hearts too. The way who Ed tried expressing his self in portuguese was fantastic, his devotion to make us a little more happy, showing his feelings in a very difficult language to learn, if you're not a brazilian. I love Pearl Jam. More and more.
  • Options
    Could anybody upload somewhere the labels and covers from Rio show??

Thanks

PLEASE, Can anybody send me the cd labels 1 and 2 of rio show?
    antiangeles_839@hotmail.com

tnx
  • Options
    I was there, I'm still in extase... I don't want to wake up yet...
    Please, let me dreamin'!!!!!!!!
    Yeah... can't you see them?
  • Options
    Hey everyone, here's a good link for SA tour pics:

http://musica.terra.com.br/planetaterra

Then, you click in a small link "Veja as fotos do show", a pop up will come up with the pics.

Enjoy.. :)
  • Options
    I know they played 5 shows in Brazil and I didn´t go to everyone, but I just kinda fell that Rio was the bets show ever! It was thrilling!

I started listen to Pearl about age 12 and now I´m 19. I just always dreamt about seeing them live!! I´m from a very small town in the state of Rio de Janeiro and a came to the capital just to go to College. I always dreamt about it, but I never thought this could come true. It was kinda JUST A DREAM! hehehehe When they announced they were going to South America I just got crazy! I bought my ticket in the first week and I paid more then I could for it, and more than I should too. But it was worth.
    I got in Apoteose about 3 pm (the show was gonna begin at 8:30pm), I waited in the sun for long 4 hours...and when Mudhoney begun I got a surprise, I couldn´t see NOTHING! A lot of people was taller than me...heheheheh

I just got mad mad mad!!! I was there for hours and hours and they took my place! h4hehehehe

i just started running looking for some place where I could see the five guys. I found a place, and there was my happiness! The show started at 9 and it was just PERFECT. They played for 2 wonderfull hours! I saw Eddie, Jeff, Stone, Mike, Matt...So f****** great!

Some songs were very very beautiful and thrilling, like Alive, when the te people put their hands in the air for a long long time....or Black when 40000 was singing tchurutchururu....hehhheehhe Eddie really got happy at this song! He was talking in portuguese...so cult! by the way he is a great great guy! Even my boyfriend liked him live! heheheehhe

When all this words were jut to say that i´m so so granted...and I just wanted to thank them for being here...And I REALLY hope to see them angain and again and again for a loooooooooooong time. Well, II WAS WORTH!
    Restless soul...ENJOY YOUR YOUTH!
  • Options
    Was a amazing night, the voice of eddie made me cry in some songs, I sang Small Town with my heart and with my lungs.
    Eddie looked like a giant, singing to me just the way i've been dreaming for 15 years. I was happy, still be, and i could feell that the band was happy and having fun with us.
    I love Eddie, more and more, it was beatiful listen to him express your feelings in portuguese, with respect and care. The way he took de brazilian 's flag, with care, and hold it , it was lovely !!!

Sorry, i am a brazilian girl, and it's difficult express myself in english.
  • Options
    I had the priviledge, better, the honor, of attending Pearl Jam´s 12/2 concert in São Paulo and 12/4 concert in Rio de Janeiro. The experience is way beyond description. Everybody I´ve been talking to who attended the concert is experiencing the same "aloofish" feeling. It´s a weird kind of hangover. An undescribable sensation of having lived the most exhilerating moment of one´s entire life. I´ve been waiting since 1992 for this day. Now, the day finally came. Thank you, Pearl Jam, for enabling me - and thousands of others, I am sure - to live the single most unforgettable hours of my existence. Please, please, please, do come back soon.
    Hold my hand, lie beside me...
  • Options
    jfconnorjr wrote:
    So I made it to the show and back....very interesting.
    10C hook up was...interesting. It took about one hour to prove that Jim and James are the same name to the person working the list...but anyway. I didn't get in early, after the gates holding people back were pushed open a mad rush for the stage began. I experienced something that I would relate to running with the bulls. I haven't really done that but this experience, I am sure, is similar. You run because you are afraid that if you stop, the others will not. Did I say this was about 4 or 5 hrs before the show!
    Anyway, I get in and quickly realize being up front may not be recommended. During the show there looked to be an intense mosh pit as well as a lot of pushing, some folks seemed to get hurt in the beginning. I am used to being close to the front in the US so I decide to take it all in from above and sit up on the side of this stadium that can best be described as a high school bleacher style stadium on crack! The whole thing is about 400 yards long with bleachers on each side (for Carnival) but the show was at then end of the 400 yards where all the Samba dancers end up....or so I am told.
    Anyway, after sitting in the sun I found myself next to some of the other 10C fans...no English but I could feel the love. They were a Brazilian based club "restless souls" and visibly excited to be there totally into PJ. As this place filled up (and I mean filled up) there were more Pearl Jam articles of clothing than can imagine. Shirts about albums, songs, band members, etc. as well as a bunch of tattoo’s. Mudhoney did their thing then band came out.
    I have been to a bunch of PJ shows all around North America and maybe I don't usually see the crowd behind me but this was amazing. When Last Exit got rolling this place exploded! I was blown away these fans are intense! Maybe we (Americans) are spoiled rotten getting to see this band every other year or so. These guys haven't seen them in years and years and shit they had tattoo’s and hand made shirts. Know most of the words in a language they don't really understand (except Leatherman but come on...).
    It was emotional to see this crowd react to Evenflow, a song I feel is somewhat overplayed live. After this I won't.
    Brazil loves this band...sitting in my hotel room they are talking about it on MTV Brazil. I have no idea about what they are saying but this country loves Pearl Jam and that should be applauded and celebrated. I am glad I was able to see this show and how intense the crowd was.
    I hope Pearl Jam makes it back to this part of the world, they are surely loved.

Excellent story! Thank you very much for this review. Our beloved Pearl Jam makes the world´s nations come together for music. World peace, PJ style!
    Hold my hand, lie beside me...
  • Options
    Hey, I'm really excitied for you guys, I really am. What an emotional experience that must have been! We here in the states get really spoiled, you know? So I'm glad you guys got such an amazing show. I can't wait to see them next year sometime!
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • Options
    TulleTulle Posts: 5
    Best.show.ever. Seriously. I bet Eddie agrees with it. Lots of emotions and nice gestures. There are no words.. :)
  • Options
    I could say that the Pearl Jam´s Show in Rio de Janeiro was fantastic, except for one thing...and I am not gonna tell you about the songs we did not heard, but about a special one that they played...at least for me. Everybody knows that at the end of DAUGHTER we can expect a really good improvisation...what did not happen in Rio. That´s all...I had to tell you that. Every CD that I bought had a version of DAUGHTER that really makes me feel good. I mean...that was not bad...it was exciting and it did count with the participation of the public with great style.
    Same as when I worked at DNAE.
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    I was at the Rio show and it was amazing, the band was on fire and really enjoying themselves.
    Plus, I got to hear Baba!!!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    DoogieDoogie Posts: 12
    Where Can I find the front and the back covers of Rio?

Thanks
  • Options
    I love Don't Gimme No Lip, i was in Ottawa, Canada when they first played it and everyone was really impressed with how it sounded! Pearl Jam rocks. If anyone has this show and would like to hear the amazing Canadian shows at the start of this tour when they are fresh - I'd be happy to do so.

cheers
  • Options
    mad22mad22 Posts: 82
    i wonder, did ed use the same little guitar to play Soon Forget that he used on the showbox?
    Egos are left at the door, elitism is non-existant and we are all joining together for a common goal: to raise funds and awareness while living the awesome life of a Pearl Jam Fan.

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org/
  • Options
    Could anybody upload somewhere the labels and covers from Rio show??

Thanks

Hey guys!

I'd appreciate if anybody here could send me the FRONT+BACK cover of the show in Rio de Janeiro.
    My e-mail address is mmc_rio@yahoo.com.br

Thx
  • Options
    The sky was full of stars and there was a big moon when Eddie Vedder and all Pearl Jam entered the stage. We almost couldn`t believe in our eyes. Eddie was singing as never before, as if he was an angel who spread his wings over our heads and blessed all of us with his songs that are real poems. Our hearts became into tears. Every single person at that show in Rio was crying. When Eddie Vedder took our flag and put it close to his heart, I also couldn`t stop my tears anymore. I`ve never felt like this before. I`ve never imagined that I would feel this way in a rock show. All the sudden, I was twenty again. Eddie Vedder with his long hair and shining blue eyes, looked like a grunge Jesus Christ incredibly giving us peace and joy, in a holly moment. Love was in the air. It was the love of the audience for their beloved band; people of all ages, but mostly, people that have waited fifteen years to see Pearl Jam LIVE! And there was a sensitive singer who was so surprised and equally experimenting new feelings for that people of this far and different country called Brasil. It was magic.
    Like many people here, I also have my story about Pearl Jam, but maybe I write it some other time. And it`s a beautiful story.
    Thanks a lot for all boys of Pearl Jam for coming here. I hope that they come back another time, just as Eddie Vedder has promissed us.

"Your light made us stars". (Light Years).

Izabel.
  • Options
    GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,111
    wow!
    One of the best versions of Do The Evolution!!... Ed was trying to scream every note of it!! Very Nice!
    Mexico City 17/7/2003
    Mexico City 18/7/2003
    Mexico City 19/7/2003
    Santiago Chile 22/11/2005
    Santiago Chile 23/11/2005
    Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011
    Santiago Chile 16/11/2011
    Lima Perú 18/11/2011
    Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013
    Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013
    Santiago Chile 06/5/2013
    Santiago Chile 4/11/2015