2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• sedge75sedge75 Posts: 29
    edited November 2017
    @dimitrispearljam where best place see show PJ in Europe????
    best crowd is portugal,coolest people the ducht,best bands performance italy,best venue berlin..best beer prague and belgium..
    as for 2018 tour,poland is the choice,spain second

"best bands performance : italy????"  not in 2014... Milan san siro was my worst pearl jam show. In fact for all band, spain (performance and crowd) it's better than Italy 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    bejster23 said:
    What are the general thoughts about the rumored Berlin show? How is the venue and is the typical Berlin crowd good?
     I will let others that have been there speak for it but from looking at pictures it looks great. 

• ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    edited November 2017
    my2hands said:
    I remember thinking Hampton 2016 was going to be a can't miss instant classic... 

Oh well...
    We could have only hoped. I had a hard time enjoying that show because I had found out about the Raleigh cancellation an hour before doors opened. Those were the only two shows I was attending, so Hampton was ruined for me in a flash. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • PJNB said:
    bejster23 said:
    What are the general thoughts about the rumored Berlin show? How is the venue and is the typical Berlin crowd good?
     I will let others that have been there speak for it but from looking at pictures it looks great. 

Magical at sun set. Crowd a little rowdy but beer is cheaper thats a factor. Its in the middle of woodland with a 10c fans bar just in between entry and the doors. I love it there every time
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 313
    So NIN is embarking on a European tour too? Sure hope they visit Sweden atleast... even if they can't sell out shows here. Haha.

The embarrassment when Reznor even pointed out that the place was half full in 2007.
    They didn't sell out the Adams center in Missoula same tour, Lights in the Sky. The show was incredible and this town used to have a NIN sticker on every car and mountain bike for years. I was shocked. I don't think it was 3/4 full. They still put on an incredible performance. Really glad I was there to see the show, but I felt bad the venue wasn't more full.
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Oh wait is it wullihiede?  My bad if not
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Wishing for more rumors of a west coast tour ...
    Sigh...
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    sedge75 said:
    best crowd is portugal,coolest people the ducht,best bands performance italy,best venue berlin..best beer prague and belgium..

"best bands performance : italy????"  not in 2014... Milan san siro was my worst pearl jam show. In fact for all band, spain (performance and crowd) it's better than Italy 
    trieste was the best
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I enjoyed Vienna great friendly crowd. Great set and a tambourine whats not to love
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Oh wait is it wullihiede?  My bad if not
    Nope, next year is rumoured to be at Waldbuhne. Same kind of venue, a little bigger and on the west side of the city, next to the Olympic stadium.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited November 2017
    PJNB said:
    bejster23 said:

AND I SAW NEIL YOUNG THERE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pya2i7W_snQ
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    sedge75 said:

trieste was the best
    Coming from the one who was proudly wearing a T-shirt with “I was at Amsterdam 1&2”  you are hurting me  :s
    But I only have Dutch shows to compare :)
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • mrk2 said:
    Oh wait is it wullihiede?  My bad if not
    Nope, next year is rumoured to be at Waldbuhne. Same kind of venue, a little bigger and on the west side of the city, next to the Olympic stadium.
    Ah cool never been there. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• sedge75 said:

trieste was the best
    But Leeds got Ghost
    RideRick said:
    sedge75 said:

trieste was the best
    Coming from the one who was proudly wearing a T-shirt with “I was at Amsterdam 1&2”  you are hurting me  :s
    from 2014 trieste as the best
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    sedge75 said:

trieste was the best
    But Leeds got Ghost
    good i wasnt ther and i got it the way played in jacksobville
  • sedge75 said:

trieste was the best
    But Leeds got Ghost
    good i wasnt ther and i got it the way played in jacksobville
    Ah you finally got to see it live? Cool, congrats dude. 

• ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    RideRick said:
    sedge75 said:

trieste was the best
    from 2014 trieste as the best

sedge75 said:

trieste was the best

Trieste no. 1 followed by Vienna!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,905
    Lisbon will get the best festival setlist.

why? because it´s the end of the tour .

just look at the setlist in 2010

Release
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    Animal
    Given To Fly
    In Hiding
    Unthought Known
    Nothingman
    Daughter
    Even Flow
    Just Breathe
    Wishlist
    Black
    Glorified G
    Why Go

Encore 1
    The End
    Improv (Portugal, Portugal)
    Public Image
    The Fixer
    Wasted Reprise
    Better Man

Encore 2
    Smile
    Once
    Alive
    Yellow Ledbetter
    just_one said:

Release
    Animal
    Given To Fly
    In Hiding
    Unthought Known
    Nothingman
    Daughter
    Even Flow
    Just Breathe
    Wishlist
    Black
    Glorified G
    Why Go

Encore 1
    The End
    Public Image
    The Fixer
    Wasted Reprise
    Better Man

Encore 2
    Smile
    Once
    Alive
    Yellow Ledbetter
     the show before the last is the best. hehe
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    just_one said:

Release
    Animal
    Given To Fly
    In Hiding
    Unthought Known
    Nothingman
    Daughter
    Even Flow
    Just Breathe
    Wishlist
    Black
    Glorified G
    Why Go

Encore 1
    The End
    Public Image
    The Fixer
    Wasted Reprise
    Better Man

Encore 2
    Smile
    Once
    Alive
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Have to agree with that. Sometimes gets the longest too. Leeds gets my vote
    Kearnsy
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,905
    just_one said:

Release
    Animal
    Given To Fly
    In Hiding
    Unthought Known
    Nothingman
    Daughter
    Even Flow
    Just Breathe
    Wishlist
    Black
    Glorified G
    Why Go

Encore 1
    The End
    Public Image
    The Fixer
    Wasted Reprise
    Better Man

Encore 2
    Smile
    Once
    Alive
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Kearn5y said:
    just_one said:

Release
    Animal
    Given To Fly
    In Hiding
    Unthought Known
    Nothingman
    Daughter
    Even Flow
    Just Breathe
    Wishlist
    Black
    Glorified G
    Why Go

Encore 1
    The End
    Public Image
    The Fixer
    Wasted Reprise
    Better Man

Encore 2
    Smile
    Once
    Alive
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Have to agree with that. Sometimes gets the longest too. Leeds gets my vote

compare Madrid 2010 with Lisbon 2010 setlist.

Lisbon´ setlist is 1000 times better and Lisbon show was longer (and both were festivals)
  • Leeds mmmmm lovely leeds.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Berlin has always been really enjoyable. Maybe not the craziest audience and maybe not the best setlist of the tour, but really consistently fun days all around.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Berlin for me and Copenhagen were the roughest audience. Most peaceful obvs amsterdam. But as a country i do like Germany . Sausage and beer everywhere. Nice people . 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119
    edited November 2017
    UK audiences are give or take. Milton Keynes just had too many people waiting for Ten songs and mindlessly pushing each other the entire time. Great setlist, tho.

Edit: And of course, yes, lovely Leeds.

"Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
    Going to be almost impossible for me to get the rumoured Prague - Krakow - Berlin dates off now that are vacation order is out. I need 3 out of 4 people to pass on the most popular July 1st ( our national holiday). I pick 5th and we can only have 2 people off at a time. Need a miracle on this one. I will not know my vacation until mid January too so I will not even be able to make any picks during the 10 club lottery if they happen this year. 

First we need the tour announcement and the dates before I start planning but if these rumours are true and I am somehow able to get the vacation off does anyone remember how easy it was to get peoples 10 clubs plus ones a month after the fact? 
  • There are always 10c tickets kicking around near the time. Always
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    PJNB said:
    Going to be almost impossible for me to get the rumoured Prague - Krakow - Berlin dates off now that are vacation order is out. I need 3 out of 4 people to pass on the most popular July 1st ( our national holiday). I pick 5th and we can only have 2 people off at a time. Need a miracle on this one. I will not know my vacation until mid January too so I will not even be able to make any picks during the 10 club lottery if they happen this year. 

First we need the tour announcement and the dates before I start planning but if these rumours are true and I am somehow able to get the vacation off does anyone remember how easy it was to get peoples 10 clubs plus ones a month after the fact? 
    I'll probably have spares for Prague and Berlin.  238xxx.
    CopperTom said:
    PJNB said:

I'll probably have spares for Prague and Berlin.  238xxx.
    PM'd