******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    My neighbor's son is on the coaching staff of the Saints.  Dude is fired up, spoke to him on Saturday.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    So many of these top NFC teams play each other so nothing will be sewn up for anyone for a while
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    There is just sooo much season left - I'll probably age another two decades between now and the Super Bowl.

I'll say again - the Saints and Rams are the only teams that worry me. Or just any incredibly mediocre team can get hot at the right team and not represent the best team in a season, but be the best team at the right point of a season.

Yeah. It's amazing to me how so many people are overlooking those teams around here. Goff looks real good and just because he's not quite as good as Wentz, nobody wants to give him any credit.

Seattle too....they always play their best football down the stretch.

I really don't know why people are overlooking New Orleans - it's like no one wants to acknowledge that their defense isn't half bad after being downright terrible for a long time. And they've got plenty of weapons on offense, and a decent O-line...... oh, and a hall of fame quarterback...

Minnesota is decent team but I think they're ultimately rudder-less without a solid QB. And Bridgewater isn't anything great.

Seattle, you're right, play well at the right time, but I think that defense is going to snap this year and Duane Brown isn't going to solve their running problems.

More than anything, just get home field advantage. I definitely do not want to play on the road in Seattle or New Orleans (both for their artificially enhanced crowd noise that is deafening).
    Seattle's D is pretty banged up so i'm not too worried about them, but yeah The Saints and the Rams are teams i would be worried about the most.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Dallas week, Let's go!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited November 2017

More fun thus far: this year or '04?

chinese-happy.jpg

04 was expected. Winning is always fun. I'll let you know if this year is more fun at the end of it.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited November 2017
    JK_Livin said:

04 was expected. Winning is always fun. I'll let you know if this year is more fun at the end of it.

Well thus far was the question.

To me this season is a different kind of fun, a notch below '04.

'04 was expected, but I think the huge personalities on that team, to me, made it more fun. From 20,000 people up on Lehigh to "TO TO TO TO" chants through out the year to blowing out Dallas on Monday night with that Donovan scramble and bomb. That was as fun as a football season can get....plus the pent up frustration of the all the championship game losses that we wanted to avenge going into that year added to the whole thing for me.

This is close though.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin said:

Well thus far was the question.

To me this season is a different kind of fun, a notch below '04.

'04 was expected, but I think the huge personalities on that team, to me, made it more fun. From 20,000 people up on Lehigh to "TO TO TO TO" chants through out the year to blowing out Dallas on Monday night with that Donovan scramble and bomb. That was as fun as a football season can get....plus the pent up frustration of the all the championship game losses that we wanted to avenge going into that year added to the whole thing for me.

This is close though.

ooooh that is tough, if the eagles can get far in the playoffs i would have to say this year, but as of right now probably slight edge to the '04 team.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Offense decided not to come off the bye I guess.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I could root for the Iggles if not for their asshole fans :wink:

my cowboys are garbage......again.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    I could root for the Iggles if not for their asshole fans :wink:

my cowboys are garbage......again.
    Beat it
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Well, holy shit. Even when this team looks like shit for a half .....THEY GO AND POST 30 AND PUT A BIRD ON IT.
    impressive win. 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    So.....8-8 wins this division?
    good call :lol:
    pjhawks said:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/201508/philadelphia-eagles/ 
    "I think this looks like about a 9-7 team."

Of course you assumed they needed to throw 80% of the time too. Nice job!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited November 2017
    I know I sound like a broken record but I just can't believe how good this team is.

And the offense is so balanced. A testament to Doug Pederson learning from all of his mistakes that most of us pointed out last year. On a night when the qb was not quite at his best....they put up over 200 yards on the ground. No big deal.

9 wins right now and the division is over. Wouldn't surprise me if the rest of the division didn't even get to 8. WALTZING into the playoffs.

BIRDS!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Well, holy shit. Even when this team looks like shit for a half .....THEY GO AND POST 30 AND PUT A BIRD ON IT.

chinese-happy.jpg
    ^ - this guy gets it.
    What a beautiful day. Who knew we had a LB that can kick? Beat it Dallas. Barnett is emerging. O-line is dominating. Didn't hear V's name once.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    pjhawks said:

they haven't won more than 9 yet so don't jump the gun. and yea never said they 'needed' to throw 80% of the time but never let facts disrupt you.
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

they haven't won more than 9 yet so don't jump the gun. and yea never said they 'needed' to throw 80% of the time but never let facts disrupt you.
    Perfectly balanced offense and they're 9-1. Football isn't that difficult. 

BIRDS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I went to bed at halftime & told Mrs FMe "good luck!" as she was angry over the 1st half.  (I was up until 2-3 both Friday and Saturday - needed some sleep!) 
    Should have stayed up, might have been rewarded as I know the wife went to bed happy with the birds destroying the cowboys
    JK_Livin said:
    What a beautiful day. Who knew we had a LB that can kick? Beat it Dallas. Barnett is emerging. O-line is dominating. Didn't hear V's name once.
    he was darn impressive on the kickoffs.

Barnett is going to be a stud pass rusher.

that was as good as an Eagles o-line has played in a long long time. they just dominated.

Can't believe they got Ajayi for a 4th round pick. 

Jeffrey coming into his own with Wentz now as well.  Torrey Smith is not very good though.

to do what they did in the 2nd half with very little contribution from Ertz was really impressive.

Darby looked good too.

lot of fun right now.  keep it going. stay healthy.  January could be a lot of fun around here.
    So anyway...I'm saying 8-8. Don't really know what to expect. Like last year, this is all on Doug and Wentz for me. I just want to see improvement with them over last year to have confidence in this team moving forward. I hate that they failed to find a rb in a rb deep draft. Receivers are upgraded but I don't like having so many new faces with a qb looking to grow with a team. Jeffrey always misses time. I don't know. Line looks good. D should be better, but the secondary still blows. Jenkins is getting old. Darby better be really good.

go birds

umm...?
    pjhawks said:
    So anyway...I'm saying 8-8. Don't really know what to expect. Like last year, this is all on Doug and Wentz for me. I just want to see improvement with them over last year to have confidence in this team moving forward. I hate that they failed to find a rb in a rb deep draft. Receivers are upgraded but I don't like having so many new faces with a qb looking to grow with a team. Jeffrey always misses time. I don't know. Line looks good. D should be better, but the secondary still blows. Jenkins is getting old. Darby better be really good.

go birds

umm...?
    Ha...and you said 9-7. Is there a point other than we all had it wrong? Simmer down, 'takes.

Anyway---nice time to answer my earlier concerns, thanks!
    Doug has proven that he learned from his pass happy mistakes last year and is putting forth one of the best coaching performances this team has ever seen. I cannot be more happy with this offense. Everything I've preached to you over the years?---this is the fruition. 

Carson has benefited from Doug's balanced play calling and this has catapulted his development faster than anyone imagined. 

The running back concern was valid--and then just to show how much this team values a balanced attack, they traded for Ajayi who has provided an immediate impact.

Defense is playing way better than anyone anticipated. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited November 2017
    Anyone else see Chris Christie and his 14% approval rating in Jones' box last night? Sporting a Notre Dame sweatshirt and rooting for the Cowboys. Sounds about right. Beat it you fraud.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

go birds

umm...?
    Ha...and you said 9-7. Is there a point other than we all had it wrong? Simmer down, 'takes.

Doug has proven that he learned from his pass happy mistakes last year and is putting forth one of the best coaching performances this team has ever seen. I cannot be more happy with this offense. Everything I've preached to you over the years?---this is the fruition. 

Carson has benefited from Doug's balanced play calling and this has catapulted his development faster than anyone imagined. 

The running back concern was valid--and then just to show how much this team values a balanced attack, they traded for Ajayi who has provided an immediate impact.

not true as i imagined it last year. 
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

go birds

umm...?

not true as i imagined it last year. 
    You just blindly hot taked that they were jointed at the hip without providing any valuable insight...that's what you always do.

The rest of us were smart enough to state that for it to work, Doug had to improve his play calling and get back the balanced attack that helped Carson get off to a good start last year. You will never win consistently in this league throwing the ball 80% of the time. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    Anyone else see Chris Christie and his 14% approval rating in Jones' box last night? Sporting a Notre Dame sweatshirt and rooting for the Cowboys. Sounds about right. Beat it you fraud.
    I didn't but it does indeed ring true.  He likes Notre Dame & Cowboys....if he rooted for the StL Cardinals in baseball and Ducks in hockey I could hate him completely as a sports fan.
    I didn't but it does indeed ring true.  He likes Notre Dame & Cowboys....if he rooted for the StL Cardinals in baseball and Ducks in hockey I could hate him completely as a sports fan.
    Not sure of his allegiances in basketball, but I'd put money on him being a Lakers and UNC fan. 

Pretty sure he is a Mets and not Yankees fan which is the only non fraudulent thing about him. Chris Christie is a big fat turd.
    chinese-happy.jpg