Options

A PJ Story.

Hey, guys! Just wanted to use my first post here to share with you what I think it's such a great story. 

My name is Rafael, I'm 29 yo and I'm from Brazil. I have a brother who is 8 years older than me, and music was the only thing capable to really connect us when we were younger. 

In 2005, Pearl Jam announced a South America Tour, and that was the first time that I would be allowed to go to a concert, even though accompanied by an adult.  I don't remember exactly how it happened, but I remember my brother (maybe feeling a connection between us getting stronger or maybe touched by the fact that I didn't have the money to afford a ticket at the time) coming towards me with a little envelope in his hands. He gave that little blue thing to me and said: "I'm going to take you to see them".  I was totally blown away. 

Fast forward to 2017, and I get a call from my brother saying that he is going to be the father of a little boy. I told him how happy I was, and he said: "I'm counting on you to show him some good bands".  At that exact moment, I started to remember everything we've been through, and how important this band for us. So, I decided to do something that I should have done a long time ago: take him to a PJ concert once again.

And here I am, with two tickets in hands for their next South America Tour.
My brothers birthday is coming close, and I can't wait to thank him for showing me the greatest band in the world. 

That's it, guys! Just need to share this stuff with someone. 
I hope to see you all in Brazil. 

Peace! 

Comments

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Rafael, welcome! What sweet story about you and your brother. I'm sure he will love the gift, and you two will have a blast at the upcoming show. Congratulations to him on his baby boy! 
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    Enjoy the show Rafael!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    AWESOMENESS. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    That is great - love your story.  Welcome and enjoy the show!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    That’s great!! Enjoy the show!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com