Options

2017 Pearl Jam Complete Vinyl Box Set

Comments

• Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    MedozK said:
    AndySlash said:
    so who's putting this baby in discogs? not an enviable task.
    Done with initial entry.

https://www.discogs.com/release/11159662

• Options
    MedozK said:
    AndySlash said:
    Done with initial entry.

There are already 3 sets listed now for $1400
  • Options

MedozK said:
    AndySlash said:
    Done with initial entry.

=) 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    MedozK said:
    AndySlash said:
    Done with initial entry.

it's sad that this is so plausible that i didn't even consider it was a joke.
  • Options
    finally got it...love it...very cool, #131...thing has some heft and glad i scored!

@foodshop65

I'm interested in the Vitalogy binder and red VHC box!

:blush:
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Maybe they had bunch of these boxes over. The silver lettering has partly faded away on my Ten Deluxe Box Set. Not the best quality.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Thanks for the last eight pages of hilarious entertainment, folks!
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    #353 has landed :rock_on:
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    jjflash said:
    #353 has landed :rock_on:
    Ours were out of the printer about the same time #369 here.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,975
    MedozK said:
    BCBA said:
    Wait, are there honestly people who expected these to be new, limited, and improved pressings of each of their studio albums... but limited to 500 and not mentioned at all?

haha come on.
    Actually, if you read some of my earlier comments about the pressings included and my hopes of what could have been included... you could see my point.

And new "improved pressings" of titles happen without having been "mentioned at all". Secret or 'under the radar' re-cutting of records happen all the time.
    Kev, I'm glad you mentioned the repress of Vs and Vitalogy.  I listened to them and thought something was wrong with my system as it sounded sub par where other records sound great.

I'm glad my ear is still good and can spot a bad pressing.
    I've read about VS and Vitology reissues sounding bad. I have the OPs and the reissues from 2011 and did side by side comparisons of each a couple years ago. I'm playing the 2011 Vitology right now and I still think it sounds fine. 

Of course it's a little different than the original, but I wouldn't say it sounds bad by any means. 

Can those of you who don't like the RI elaborate on what is specifically wrong with it?

I don't want to start a debate or argument here.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    finally got it...love it...very cool, #131...thing has some heft and glad i scored!

Couldn't agree more.
    Just got mine and LOVE IT!
    btw: Love the luggage tags, also.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    dudeman said:
    MedozK said:
    BCBA said:
    Wait, are there honestly people who expected these to be new, limited, and improved pressings of each of their studio albums... but limited to 500 and not mentioned at all?

haha come on.
    Actually, if you read some of my earlier comments about the pressings included and my hopes of what could have been included... you could see my point.

And new "improved pressings" of titles happen without having been "mentioned at all". Secret or 'under the radar' re-cutting of records happen all the time.
    Kev, I'm glad you mentioned the repress of Vs and Vitalogy.  I listened to them and thought something was wrong with my system as it sounded sub par where other records sound great.

I've read about VS and Vitology reissues sounding bad. I have the OPs and the reissues from 2011 and did side by side comparisons of each a couple years ago. I'm playing the 2011 Vitology right now and I still think it sounds fine. 

Of course it's a little different than the original, but I wouldn't say it sounds bad by any means. 

Can those of you who don't like the RI elaborate on what is specifically wrong with it?

Now, I start this with.. you hear what you hear. Some will like, some will not, but leave it up to yourself to find what you like.

In my opinion on my setup, the 2011 NRP cuts of Vs. and Vitalogy (which are the cuts included in the box) are remastered with lots of compression, not as much as the 2011 CDs.. but its still there. Vs is the worst offender Vitalogy a little better, but songs like Nothingman still come across way overly harsh. With these remasters I just think everything is flat, you are not immersed in the music.. it is kinda thrown at you. With the compression, I think the top end sounds cut off, no air to the sounds. One way I try to explain my thoughts on this to friends sometimes is that.. with good sound-stage, when you turn the music up louder and louder, close your eyes, the music envelopes you more and more with less the music tends to push you back farther and farther. The dynamics and sound-stage are only a percentage of what you here on the original pressings. If you have originals, just A/B them to see what you hear. In my case, the originals are WAY better. I NEVER play the remasters.

Now to the box, I feel they fumbled this one a iittle... because now with more research I have seen that a SST cut and repressing from MPO for Vs and Vitalogy DID occur in 2016.... why these cuts were not included in the box ..I guess we will never know. But if they had, then you could have had a very respectable unified box, having all reissues cut and pressed at the same plant.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    MedozK said:
    dudeman said:
    MedozK said:
    BCBA said:

haha come on.

Now, I start this with.. you hear what you hear. Some will like, some will not, but leave it up to yourself to find what you like.

In my opinion on my setup, the 2011 NRP cuts of Vs. and Vitalogy (which are the cuts included in the box) are remastered with lots of compression, not as much as the 2011 CDs.. but its still there. Vs is the worst offender Vitalogy a little better, but songs like Nothingman still come across way overly harsh. With these remasters I just think everything is flat, you are not immersed in the music.. it is kinda thrown at you. With the compression, I think the top end sounds cut off, no air to the sounds. One way I try to explain my thoughts on this to friends sometimes is that.. with good sound-stage, when you turn the music up louder and louder, close your eyes, the music envelopes you more and more with less the music tends to push you back farther and farther. The dynamics and sound-stage are only a percentage of what you here on the original pressings. If you have originals, just A/B them to see what you hear. In my case, the originals are WAY better. I NEVER play the remasters.

Now to the box, I feel they fumbled this one a iittle... because now with more research I have seen that a SST cut and repressing from MPO for Vs and Vitalogy DID occur in 2016.... why these cuts were not included in the box ..I guess we will never know. But if they had, then you could have had a very respectable unified box, having all reissues cut and pressed at the same plant.
    Don’t speak common sense...
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,975
    MedozK said:
    dudeman said:
    MedozK said:
    BCBA said:

haha come on.

Thanks for that. I appreciate your insight.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    MedozK said:
    dudeman said:
    MedozK said:
    BCBA said:

haha come on.

How are the SST/MPO pressings of Vs and Vitalogy?
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    MedozK said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I have no horse in this race but I have a simple question:
    was the product any different than the description upon point of sale?
    Not really. Just a bunch of crap pressings.

Should I have figured as much with the PJ track record... well I was really hoping for a re-cut of Vs. and Vitalogy to replace the abysmal NRP cut... and since they have recut the reissues since No Code at SST... my thought was that wasn't a far fetched idea. But alas no dice. And now finding out the Ten reissue, is just really 2014 repressing of the Ten Redux in a new cover.. made it even worse for me. I would just love it if more information was disclosed about pressings for people interested in the "music". 

Again, for a paper weight it's great. I'm sure they will look nice on the shelf. Some people will never play the records, however some a interested in the quality of the music.

And btw wow, it gets old to read complaining about complaining. lol, And that make me... complaining about complaining about complaining...lol

The sun will rise tomorrow and will bring another beautiful day. In the grand scheme of life this a small detail I am disappointed about... if I never have worse... I've had a great run.
    Is that true about the new Ten reissue?
    That it is the shit remastered Ten but in original packaging?

If so this is blatant false advertising 
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    Did they advertise it as being a new cut? Or just a new stand alone pressing? 

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Did they advertise it as being a new cut? Or just a new stand alone pressing? 

I thought it was the same mix as the original.
    Hense the OG reference on 10C description.I was hoping to shelf my original and spin the reissue.
    Now I’m not so sure if it’s worth buying if all that’s original is the artwork.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Its not the same cut as the 1993 pressing. Its the same source as the 2011 pressing, but its a new cut. The mix on all 3 is the same. Its not the BOB mix.

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    I'm disappointed the 2016 Vs/Vit pressings aren't included. I'll probably order those and sell these. 
  • Options
    I'm disappointed the 2016 Vs/Vit pressings aren't included. I'll probably order those and sell these. 
    Yep that was my big disappointment in the box.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    MedozK said:
    dudeman said:
    MedozK said:
    BCBA said:

haha come on.

Haven't heard them yet. Currently trying to track them down.
  • Options
    If you find a place, please let me know. 
  • Options
    If you find a place, please let me know. 
    Will do.
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    MedozK said:
    DewieCox said:
    MedozK said:
    dudeman said:
    MedozK said:
    BCBA said:

haha come on.

Are these the 2016 euro releases listed on discogs?  How do they compare to originals and 2011?
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    uh

• Options
    edited November 2017
    MedozK said:
    DewieCox said:
    MedozK said:
    dudeman said:
    MedozK said:
    BCBA said:

haha come on.

Are these the 2016 euro releases listed on discogs?  How do they compare to originals and 2011?
    No, the EU repressings are new cuts by in-house engineers at Record Industry in Holland.

The MPO pressings are in 2011 covers as much as I can get from my research, so really don't know how to recognize them without buying a new US and seeing if it contains the new MPO cut or the old 2011 cut.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    This thread should convince Ten Club to do a mystery vinyl box for $30. Add a couple vaults and a few Benny's and were good to go. 

They did a few years ago for Record Store Day. They gave away a TON of common. Some people didn't receive tracking info because they got Jenny's. I got a McCready Music for Film colored 10" and a black RNDM.

The two different listings for the 1999 single is hysterical.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/243633/record-store-day-mystery-vinyl

They did another 7" sale circa 2004. I got a Merkinball for $10.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"