Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,873
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Before we took steps to safeguard air travel... how many people died in planes taken down by terrorists compared to people landing safely at their destinations?

People had no problem with the elevated security steps because everybody wanted safe air travel and the security measures- as painful as they are- made much sense in the interest of safety.

The statistics pointing out relatively few people die as a result of getting mowed down by a maniac wielding a military grade weapon bought from the grocery store are pointless. They are really pointless when you present them to the survivors.    
    so statistics are pointless when they go against your view?  I forgot who brought it up but he/she were just showing that a very very very small part of the population gets killed by firearms in the u.s.  That is all.  No one is saying it is insignificant rather just a smaller number than people perceive it.  

And I think it depends on what specific survivor you are talking about.  I would imagine 1/3 become more anti gun, 1/3 become indifferent and 1/3 arm themselves even more.  But that is an opinion and I have no link or statistical data to back that up.  
    What number do people perceive it to be?
    no statistical data or links to back that up.
    Wouldn’t debating facts be more productive than perceptions or random made up bullshit? I mean, why throw something out there that has no relevance to the debate? Unless it’s to denigrate the debate and exhibit your lack of seriousness to debate the issue? More deflections and distractions.

I actually enjoy making up bullshit when I debate; it keeps things interesting.  Deflections and distractions are two essential components when winning a debate.  Why not call a draw play if they are expecting a hail mary?

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,613
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:
    I seriously doubt that any survivors become indifferent after such an event, let alone 33% of them.

When it comes to preventable deaths in the tens of thousands, trying to minimize them with a low percentage compared to the population definitely becomes problematic.... Thirty makes a good point in mentioning terrorist attack victims. The same people who reject gun reform also tend to be pretty gung ho about fighting terror, when in fact gun owners are far more dangerous than terrorists are if you're considering victim stats. It's a valid counterpoint.
    gun owners are more dangers that terrorists?  that's a new one.

should I pull the typical question here and ask where are your links or data to prove that "the same people who reject gun reforms also tend to be pretty gung ho about fighting terror?"

and the terrorist attacks were a god damn act of war, our gun issue is not an act of war.  Big difference.  
    I mean over 10,000 people die in drunken driving accidents a year, should we ban bars? Responsible drinker until they weren't right?
    DUI related deaths have dropped significantly due to legal changes and a shift in social norms. I’d like to see the same with guns. Very few claim that you should be allowed to drive drunk and only face consequences when you hurt someone in a crash. Can’t say the same in relation to guns. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Before we took steps to safeguard air travel... how many people died in planes taken down by terrorists compared to people landing safely at their destinations?

People had no problem with the elevated security steps because everybody wanted safe air travel and the security measures- as painful as they are- made much sense in the interest of safety.

The statistics pointing out relatively few people die as a result of getting mowed down by a maniac wielding a military grade weapon bought from the grocery store are pointless. They are really pointless when you present them to the survivors.    
    so statistics are pointless when they go against your view?  I forgot who brought it up but he/she were just showing that a very very very small part of the population gets killed by firearms in the u.s.  That is all.  No one is saying it is insignificant rather just a smaller number than people perceive it.  

And I think it depends on what specific survivor you are talking about.  I would imagine 1/3 become more anti gun, 1/3 become indifferent and 1/3 arm themselves even more.  But that is an opinion and I have no link or statistical data to back that up.  
    Wouldn’t debating facts be more productive than perceptions or random made up bullshit? I mean, why throw something out there that has no relevance to the debate? Unless it’s to denigrate the debate and exhibit your lack of seriousness to debate the issue? More deflections and distractions.

I actually enjoy making up bullshit when I debate; it keeps things interesting.  Deflections and distractions are two essential components when winning a debate.  Why not call a draw play if they are expecting a hail mary?

And there you have it folks, the reason nothing changes. Who needs facts?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:
    I seriously doubt that any survivors become indifferent after such an event, let alone 33% of them.

When it comes to preventable deaths in the tens of thousands, trying to minimize them with a low percentage compared to the population definitely becomes problematic.... Thirty makes a good point in mentioning terrorist attack victims. The same people who reject gun reform also tend to be pretty gung ho about fighting terror, when in fact gun owners are far more dangerous than terrorists are if you're considering victim stats. It's a valid counterpoint.

should I pull the typical question here and ask where are your links or data to prove that "the same people who reject gun reforms also tend to be pretty gung ho about fighting terror?"

and the terrorist attacks were a god damn act of war, our gun issue is not an act of war.  Big difference.  
    I mean over 10,000 people die in drunken driving accidents a year, should we ban bars? Responsible drinker until they weren't right?
    DUI related deaths have dropped significantly due to legal changes and a shift in social norms. I’d like to see the same with guns. Very few claim that you should be allowed to drive drunk and only face consequences when you hurt someone in a crash. Can’t say the same in relation to guns. 
    what do you mean can't say the same in relation to guns?  
    I'm telling you, gun deaths go down if we start with: impose mental/criminal background checks for every purchase, registration, some sort of safety training before initial buy and you know what, i've come to the conclusion that you don't need high capacity mags any more.  I'm good with 15 as opposed to 30/40/50/100.  and of course no reason to have a bump stock.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This is the only play you’ve called in this debate:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7VKQwDS2s

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Not at all.

I support airport security just as much as I support cleaning up the gun problem in your country. If you can make common sense improvements that decrease risk to the public... then giddy up.

Yes... it's a drag taking off your shoes and waiting in line to catch a plane, but the task is worth it.

Yes... (for some) it's a drag you can't shoot shit with an awesome gun, but the concession is worth it.

* And I rarely hear of survivors of these mass shootings speaking publically about the need to arm themselves better. Most speak to the glaring need for reform. So I respectfully disagree with your 'thirds' assertion.
    I didn't realize you were talking about mass shootings, I thought you meant overall people injured.

So are you canadian's this vocal in your own country since you can legally purchase an ar-15 there and other "assault" weapons legally?

I honestly didn't even know it was a possibility. I've never seen them in any outdoor shop selling guns. I know of nobody who owns one.

If this revelation is accurate... I'm strongly opposed to the idea of ownership. And somewhat in disbelief.

* With the aforementioned stated... we haven't experienced the epidemic of mass shootings you guys have. If you guys wish to maintain the idea of assault weapons, it might be wise to study our model of distribution and tracking to see if there are any items you might be able to emulate for a safer future.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This is the only play you’ve called in this debate:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7VKQwDS2s

Lol

I knew what it was before I even clicked on the link.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited November 2017
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Um, I think you missed my point here.

Yeah, if you're considering victim statistics, gun owners are way more dangerous than terrorists in America. I don't know if it's new or not, but it's a hard fact.

Obviously I have no links or data to prove that people against gun reform are gung ho about fighting terrorism, but I am comfortable saying that it's a very safe assumption that I've made after lots of observation and the attitudes expressed by politicians who express that sentiment and all the voters who vote for them.

Hey man, you're the one who opened the door to what I'm saying. You're the one who quoted a statistic about death and claimed it meant something to your perspective. I'm not sure why you're now trying to say that this tactic doesn't work, because, in case you missed it, that is the exact point I was trying to make when you did it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,613
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

what do you mean can't say the same in relation to guns?  
    I'm telling you, gun deaths go down if we start with: impose mental/criminal background checks for every purchase, registration, some sort of safety training before initial buy and you know what, i've come to the conclusion that you don't need high capacity mags any more.  I'm good with 15 as opposed to 30/40/50/100.  and of course no reason to have a bump stock.
    I mean we haven’t seen the legal and societal shift with guns like we have with DUI. And we also don’t view the potential lethality with guns like we do drumk drivers. 
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Um, I think you missed my point here.

Yeah, if you're considering victim statistics, gun owners are way more dangerous than terrorists in America. I don't know if it's new or not, but it's a hard fact.

Obviously I have no links or data to prove that people against gun reform are gung ho about fighting terrorism, but I am comfortable saying that it's a very safe assumption that I've made after lots of observation and the attitudes expressed by politicians who express that sentiment and all the voters who vote for them.

Hey man, you're the one who opened the door to what I'm saying. You're the one who quoted a statistic about death and claimed it meant something to your perspective. I'm not sure why you're now trying to say that this tactic doesn't work, because, in case you missed it, that is the exact point I was trying to make when you did it.

• Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited November 2017
    I'm done arguing for a while.  Excuse me from the conversation while I go deer hunting with my Dear Old Dad for a while.
    I leave you with this tune.
    https://youtu.be/3cQNkIrg-Tk
    One more
    BB Guns & Dirt Bikes
    By The White Buffalo
    https://youtu.be/uLAlLZgKafs
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    RYME said:
    I'm done arguing for a while.  Excuse me from the conversation while I go deer hunting with my Dear Old Dad for a while.

I saw this guy live last year.

He poked fun at gays. When he did, he got a couple of 'yee haws' from the crowd (maybe even a few 'git 'er duns' too). I didn't storm out of there like the Cletuses did at Roger Waters when he called the sexual predator, lying POTUS a 'pig'. I recognized the setting I was in an went in knowing what to expect. It was an interesting experience.

The individuals I met at the show were very friendly and warm. I wondered how my experience might have been had I been a different color or of a different sexual orientation.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    RYME said:

He poked fun at gays. When he did, he got a couple of 'yee haws' from the crowd (maybe even a few 'git 'er duns' too). I didn't storm out of there like the Cletuses did at Roger Waters when he called the sexual predator, lying POTUS a 'pig'. I recognized the setting I was in an went in knowing what to expect. It was an interesting experience.

The individuals I met at the show were very friendly and warm. I wondered how my experience might have been had I been a different color or of a different sexual orientation.
    Sorry I don't know I don't follow this guy's person life, never been to a show. I just like some of his music. But it might be kind of like a conservative at a Pearl Jam Show, because I know I'm in the minority.
    But I would never excuse racial or homophobic stuff from Hank if that's what he said or says.  I just liked the tune.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Sorry I don't know I don't follow this guy's person life, never been to a show. I just like some of his music. But it might be kind of like a conservative at a Pearl Jam Show, because I know I'm in the minority.
    But I would never excuse racial or homophobic stuff from Hank if that's what he said or says.  I just liked the tune.

I was not suggesting that's what you intended.

I was just relaying my experience. Those people at the show were genuinely nice people to me. I just wished that some of those same people, who might hold some traditional values that allow for discrimination, would extend their gracious attitude to all people regardless of race or sexual orientation.

Hank never helped them get where they need to be with his remarks. He enforced and promoted that horrible mentality. 
  • Options
    yikes!:

California rampage puts spotlight on homemade 'ghost guns'

Associated Press Michael Balsamo, Associated Press,Associated Press 5 hours ago
    In this Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2017, photo, homemade rifles are displayed on a table at an ATF field office in Glendale, Calif. Police say Kevin Neal, who was barred from having guns because of a restraining order, made the two high-powered rifles he used in his shooting rampage in Northern California on Tuesday, Nov. 14. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The gunman who killed his wife and four others in a rampage in Northern California this week found an easy way around a court order prohibiting him from having guns: He built his own at home.

Kevin Neal, 44, was armed with what authorities believe were two high-powered rifles that he made himself when he opened fire Tuesday on homes, cars and an elementary school around his tiny hometown of Rancho Tehama Reserve. A deputy finally shot and killed him.

It is the latest case of homemade semi-automatic weapons being used in a crime, and it comes as federal authorities try to draw attention to the dangers posed by these "ghost guns," which contain no registration numbers that can be used to trace them. In Baltimore, a man used a homemade AR-15-style rifle to shoot at four police officers in July 2016. They returned fire, killing him.

It's legal to build a gun in a home or a workshop, and advances in 3-D printing and milling have made it easier to do so. Kits can be purchased legally for $450 to $1,000 from hundreds of websites without the kind of background check required for traditional gun purchases.

"The more restrictive the laws become for people to purchase firearms, we're going to see those criminal elements build their own," Tehama County Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston said. "That's what they do."

In Neal's case, he had been ordered to give up all his guns earlier this year under a restraining order issued against him after he was charged with assaulting two women who lived nearby. He signed a document in February saying he surrendered a 9 mm handgun to a gun store, which also attested to that. When Neal was arrested, police seized an AR-15 Bushmaster semi-automatic rifle.

While making a ghost gun is legal, selling one is not. Federal officials are sounding the alarm about an increasing black market for homemade military-style semi-automatic rifles and handguns.

Mills where such weapons are built are popping up across the country and especially in California, which has strict gun laws. By 2019, people who own or create homemade firearms in California will have to apply for a serial number from the state and permanently affix it to the weapon.

• Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

I was not suggesting that's what you intended.

I was just relaying my experience. Those people at the show were genuinely nice people to me. I just wished that some of those same people, who might hold some traditional values that allow for discrimination, would extend their gracious attitude to all people regardless of race or sexual orientation.

Hank never helped them get where they need to be with his remarks. He enforced and promoted that horrible mentality. 
    It's Friday for me so, Perhaps I should leave you with a better song from a much better guy. ;)
    I am a patriot
    https://youtu.be/QQNVJQR65Zc
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    I have always assumed that the lyrics to I Am A Patriot were meant ironically. How else can you take the line "I love my country because my country is all I know"?  
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    I have always assumed that the lyrics to I Am A Patriot were meant ironically. How else can you take the line "I love my country because my country is all I know"?  
    I started off with the Hank Williams jr. Tune, that got shut down, understandingly it got tossed back because he's a homophobic racist Southern Confederate.  Ok I am sensitive, not an inconsiderate À-Hole, SOB to that sort of stuff.  So okay, I switch gears, and put up a patriotic song that Pearl Jam does.  That is met with blowback and distortion.
    Do you hate your country?  You've got the word ironically mistaken for the word facetious if that's what you're insinuating the song means.  I thought it was a song about tossing out all the barriers that separate us.  And focusing on the things that we agree on one-party freedom.
    No matter what I toss out there, it becomes a controversial boomerang. That is amazing to me.  That suggests to me that you're not actually concerned about the issues, rather you're more interested in arguing with whoever, more than actually trying to solve any of these issues. Doesn't matter what it's about as long as you're arguing you are happy.
    Even a great song sung by Eddie Vedder & Pearl Jam gets scrutinized to the highest degree. I don't get it.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    RYME said:
    I started off with the Hank Williams jr. Tune, that got shut down, understandingly it got tossed back because he's a homophobic racist Southern Confederate.  Ok I am sensitive, not an inconsiderate À-Hole, SOB to that sort of stuff.  So okay, I switch gears, and put up a patriotic song that Pearl Jam does.  That is met with blowback and distortion.
    Do you hate your country?  You've got the word ironically mistaken for the word facetious if that's what you're insinuating the song means.  I thought it was a song about tossing out all the barriers that separate us.  And focusing on the things that we agree on one-party freedom.
    No matter what I toss out there, it becomes a controversial boomerang. That is amazing to me.  That suggests to me that you're not actually concerned about the issues, rather you're more interested in arguing with whoever, more than actually trying to solve any of these issues. Doesn't matter what it's about as long as you're arguing you are happy.
    Even a great song sung by Eddie Vedder & Pearl Jam gets scrutinized to the highest degree. I don't get it.
    Again, I'll say what others have said - if you're not open to discussion and comment on your posts, then don't post them.  You may also want to take a step back from the sensitivity - people are allowed to comment on songs - yes, even songs sung by Eddie Vedder! - without it being a criticism of you. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    RYME said:
    You took that way too personally, Often was essentially musing aloud on a point of interest and curiosity about a song you posted. The fact that it was you who posted it is irrelevant, the comment was on the song
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mcgruff10 said:
    yikes!:

California rampage puts spotlight on homemade 'ghost guns'

Associated Press Michael Balsamo, Associated Press,Associated Press 5 hours ago
    In this Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2017, photo, homemade rifles are displayed on a table at an ATF field office in Glendale, Calif. Police say Kevin Neal, who was barred from having guns because of a restraining order, made the two high-powered rifles he used in his shooting rampage in Northern California on Tuesday, Nov. 14. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The gunman who killed his wife and four others in a rampage in Northern California this week found an easy way around a court order prohibiting him from having guns: He built his own at home.

Kevin Neal, 44, was armed with what authorities believe were two high-powered rifles that he made himself when he opened fire Tuesday on homes, cars and an elementary school around his tiny hometown of Rancho Tehama Reserve. A deputy finally shot and killed him.

It is the latest case of homemade semi-automatic weapons being used in a crime, and it comes as federal authorities try to draw attention to the dangers posed by these "ghost guns," which contain no registration numbers that can be used to trace them. In Baltimore, a man used a homemade AR-15-style rifle to shoot at four police officers in July 2016. They returned fire, killing him.

It's legal to build a gun in a home or a workshop, and advances in 3-D printing and milling have made it easier to do so. Kits can be purchased legally for $450 to $1,000 from hundreds of websites without the kind of background check required for traditional gun purchases.

"The more restrictive the laws become for people to purchase firearms, we're going to see those criminal elements build their own," Tehama County Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston said. "That's what they do."

In Neal's case, he had been ordered to give up all his guns earlier this year under a restraining order issued against him after he was charged with assaulting two women who lived nearby. He signed a document in February saying he surrendered a 9 mm handgun to a gun store, which also attested to that. When Neal was arrested, police seized an AR-15 Bushmaster semi-automatic rifle.

While making a ghost gun is legal, selling one is not. Federal officials are sounding the alarm about an increasing black market for homemade military-style semi-automatic rifles and handguns.

Mills where such weapons are built are popping up across the country and especially in California, which has strict gun laws. By 2019, people who own or create homemade firearms in California will have to apply for a serial number from the state and permanently affix it to the weapon.

Criminals finding ways around laws...you don’t say!  Maybe we should tell them they cannot make “ghost guns”.  That should stop them......
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    LOL!

Ghost guns!
  • Options
    unsung said:
    LOL!

Ghost guns!
    “Who ya gonna call”
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,237
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    LOL!

Ghost guns!
    “Who ya gonna call”
    I'm glad you both think it's funny that criminals have yet another loophole to buy a "gun". I won't ask you if a law should be passed making it illegal to purchase these kits because we all know that would infringe on the 2nd Amendment and the NRA won't make it an issue so it's dead. Laugh away. Stay locked and loaded because there could be a ghost haunting your life someday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/loophole-lets-criminals-buy-untraceable-ghost-guns-online-n719121

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    LOL!

Ghost guns!
    “Who ya gonna call”
    I'm glad you both think it's funny that criminals have yet another loophole to buy a "gun". I won't ask you if a law should be passed making it illegal to purchase these kits because we all know that would infringe on the 2nd Amendment and the NRA won't make it an issue so it's dead. Laugh away. Stay locked and loaded because there could be a ghost haunting your life someday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/loophole-lets-criminals-buy-untraceable-ghost-guns-online-n719121

“There’s something strange...in the neighborhood”
    Look, I’ve said numerous times on here that people that really really want an AR-15 can make one in the comfort of their own homes using a 3D printer for little more than it would have cost to buy it legitimately.  Does not take an engineering degree or a mechanical genius to make a lower receiver.  The rest are just simple parts...There is no way of truly stopping a person from obtaining (or making) an ar-15 if they are set on having one.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    I wish Queen would have wrote 'I'm in Love With My Gun' versus 'I'm in Love With My Car'.

It could be a theme song for some. And everybody needs a theme song.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,237
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    LOL!

Ghost guns!
    “Who ya gonna call”

“There’s something strange...in the neighborhood”
    Look, I’ve said numerous times on here that people that really really want an AR-15 can make one in the comfort of their own homes using a 3D printer for little more than it would have cost to buy it legitimately.  Does not take an engineering degree or a mechanical genius to make a lower receiver.  The rest are just simple parts...There is no way of truly stopping a person from obtaining (or making) an ar-15 if they are set on having one.
    That's fine and dandy, but let them find each piece individually instead of the all in one kit my kid could probably assemble. People can also make their own bomb with a bunch of store bought chemicals, doesn't mean we need to enable them by selling them the home bomb kit with everything included.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I wish Queen would have wrote 'I'm in Love With My Gun' versus 'I'm in Love With My Car'.

I agree:
    https://youtu.be/ocHdNYvFtkQ

Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

I agree:
    https://youtu.be/ocHdNYvFtkQ

I'm confused. Advertisement? Gene Simmons? Heckler?

I tried to play along.
This discussion has been closed.