Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Sometimes the more you think the less you can think!
    Overthinking, overanalyzing - separates the body from the mind.

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    I start a job tomorrow! Yay! Yippee! It's seasonal, but it's something. Yay!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I start a job tomorrow! Yay! Yippee! It's seasonal, but it's something. Yay!

:clap:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Wonderful news, Ms Haiku! 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    Kind of depressed (not clinically). I'm having a project that I grew from scratch over many years taken away from my position at work. It has been near and dear to my heart. The powers that be have decided that it needs to be moved to a completely different faculty purely for political reasons (and because of an uncooperative member of upper management), and I'm not able to carry on in my role with it because of employee contract restrictions, which really sucks. Now I have to gear up for a massive hand over to someone who isn't going to give a flying fuck about it or know wtf they're doing, and it will just be a sad endeavor on a personal level. Not to mention difficult and stressful. :frowning:

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJ_Soul said:
    Kind of depressed (not clinically). I'm having a project that I grew from scratch over many years taken away from my position at work. It has been near and dear to my heart. The powers that be have decided that it needs to be moved to a completely different faculty purely for political reasons (and because of an uncooperative member of upper management), and I'm not able to carry on in my role with it because of employee contract restrictions, which really sucks. Now I have to gear up for a massive hand over to someone who isn't going to give a flying fuck about it or know wtf they're doing, and it will just be a sad endeavor on a personal level. Not to mention difficult and stressful. :frowning:

Sorry. It sounds like a project about which you were quite enthusiastic. Perhaps if you channel that enthusiasm into a sort of sales pitch during the hand over, stressing the project’s attributes and possible positive outcomes, the person who assumes the new responsibility for it will champion it. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

That sounds sad, PJ_Soul. Good luck on the transition. 
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Sorry. It sounds like a project about which you were quite enthusiastic. Perhaps if you channel that enthusiasm into a sort of sales pitch during the hand over, stressing the project’s attributes and possible positive outcomes, the person who assumes the new responsibility for it will champion it. 
    That is good advice, thanks dude. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    Jimminy Cricket!  I'm 66, can I stop working yet?
     NO! (sound of whip cracking) :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I started the part-time seasonal job at a chain book store today, and it was a lot of fun. However, when I came home I got a job offer for a full-time position at a new independent bookstore that opens tomorrow. OMG! How exciting! I had to contact the chain store and let them know I won't be available. Holy cow a new independent bookstore in DC. How exciting, how exciting, how exciting!
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I started the part-time seasonal job at a chain book store today, and it was a lot of fun. However, when I came home I got a job offer for a full-time position at a new independent bookstore that opens tomorrow. OMG! How exciting! I had to contact the chain store and let them know I won't be available. Holy cow a new independent bookstore in DC. How exciting, how exciting, how exciting!
    Congratulations! Very exciting!
  • Options
    Long time coming, Ms. H - cheers!
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Cameron Duncan
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Ms. Haiku said:
    So very happy and excited for you!!! :triumph:
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Congratulations!!!! I've been looking forward to this kind of news from you! :)
  • Options
    Sometimes the universe likes to mess with me a little too much...like when it let's me have exactly what I wanted, but only after it's too late. So not cool. What a shame. 
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    The new split system reverse cycle air conditioner my family just bought.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Watching the celtics and listening 
  • Options
    How fast some people disappear as soon as sex is off the table. Is that really all I'm worth? :disappointed:

• Options
    Off the table onto to the floor?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited November 2017
    :lol:
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    hahaha!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    It's...interesting?...how lately I've felt like a good cry is in order.  As if it's already there, waiting for its release (pet adoption and Subaru commercials don't help) - and I'm not particularly sad about anything in the now, personally, but I guess it's more of a nostalgic looking-back sense.  People I miss, childhood experiences, the charm of that era as seen through young eyes.

This time of year is my absolute favorite, though.  I suppose a bit of blues comes with the territory.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Ms. Haiku said:
    i_lov_it said:
    My Dad making a Full recovery after suffering a stroke and having Bypass surgery earlier this year...
    Congratulations to your dad, i_lov_it!
    Thank you Ms. Haiku...yeah he's doing alright lost a bit of weight but other then that is good :)
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Why do girls avoid me?
    I just told a girl from university that I worked on an assignment together with this past semester that I am in the same class as her for a summer class and that she can join me and another student I am friends with for any group work and she left the class and joined another one. She saw my message but didn't reply. WTF? :-(
    Makes me feel like I am some creep, some weirdo and now I am feeling depressed.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Why do girls avoid me?
    I just told a girl from university that I worked on an assignment together with this past semester that I am in the same class as her for a summer class and that she can join me and another student I am friends with for any group work and she left the class and joined another one. She saw my message but didn't reply. WTF? :-(
    It's not always about you. Not trying to be rude, but just being realistic. Schedules change, things happen. Don't let it get you down.
  • Options
    Why do girls avoid me?
    It's not always about you. Not trying to be rude, but just being realistic. Schedules change, things happen. Don't let it get you down.
    Usually she replies to my messages.
    She's moved to a class that is on the same time as mine just with a different teacher, nothing about schedules. 
    I've found that it's hard to make friends at university. People either use me and then act like they don't know me or avoid me like I am some creep. It's quite depressing.
  • Options
    Lots of relationship problems on here. I hope they all get resolved with peace love and understanding.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    lastexitlondon said: ... Peace love and understanding.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni08kRAOp04
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited November 2017
    Why do girls avoid me?
    Usually she replies to my messages.
    She's moved to a class that is on the same time as mine just with a different teacher, nothing about schedules. 
    I've found that it's hard to make friends at university. People either use me and then act like they don't know me or avoid me like I am some creep. It's quite depressing.
    When she's right, she's right. You can't take anything personally in life. People are screwy and you really have no idea what they've been through. With certain people you try to make sense of things and it only leads to further confusion.
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16