Options

Re: LP Box Set Numbering

Comments

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Maybe it’s 47+1 :lol:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    RS151862 said:
    AndySlash said:
    FWIW, here's my 7" live Unthought Known from Australia...

this looks like the person wrote 472/, not 4721?
    I thought it was 474.. the line on the 4 just isn’t touching. 

ooh that’s totally it.

• Options
    glad we came together to solve this significant issue.
  • Options
    AndySlash said:
    LMAO
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    AndySlash said:
    What should we solve next? 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    RS151862 said:
    AndySlash said:
    FWIW, here's my 7" live Unthought Known from Australia...

this looks like the person wrote 472/, not 4721?
    I thought it was 474.. the line on the 4 just isn’t touching. 
    Yep 474
  • Options
    BubbaBubba Posts: 630
    Wow..this seriously was an issue? 
  • Options
    significant, even.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    RS151862 said:
    AndySlash said:
    The chicken fingers I had for lunch made me crap myself.  Think it was the dipping sauce or the fingers?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    RS151862 said:
    AndySlash said:
    The chicken fingers I had for lunch made me crap myself.  Think it was the dipping sauce or the fingers?
    Pics or it didn’t happen...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    RS151862 said:
    AndySlash said:
    What were the fingers battered in?
    What type of sauce?
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    RS151862 said:
    AndySlash said:
    My best guess is this was a Mallrats stink palm sutuation. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    the stuff this fanclub officially addresses baffles me. who gives a flying fuck about a number on a box?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,001
    the stuff this fanclub officially addresses baffles me. who gives a flying fuck about a number on a box?
    I probably would have scratched my head if I received a box marked "#583 out of 500" and asked some questions if there wasn't an explanation. But yes, some things they chose to not address are puzzling.
  • Options
    People who are gonna end up paying 4-500 dollars for it?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    How hard would it be for us to figure it out? We could’ve at least narrowed it down to 600 sold. And if the auctioned #s fall between 1 and 600 or they have a sequential 100, then we know. 

On the poo pants matter...I say neither the fingers nor the sauce. If he poop lands in your pants, I chalk it up to foolish pride. You can’t be afraid to improvise.
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,001
    I find it funny how there is a response to address the numbering but not a simple update on the fanclub single or anthology book for months.
  • Options
    Hawk123 said:
    I find it funny how there is a response to address the numbering but not a simple update on the fanclub single or anthology book for months.
    This is a fanclub and not an information site.  We have Dimitris and Demetrios for info.
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Last newsletter said a couple weeks for the single.
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,001
    Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Right, 3 months after saying it was in production. 18 months after getting the last single and after 10+ threads and countless inquiries on the board about when we might be getting it. I don't think I'm asking too much here.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited November 2017
    Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Right, 3 months after saying it was in production. 18 months after getting the last single and after 10+ threads and countless inquiries on the board about when we might be getting it. I don't think I'm asking too much here.
    3 months isn't very long at all for it to be in production. The waitlists at pressing plants are massive - usually more than 6 months. Granted, they should have gone into production a year ago, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    3 months isn't very long at all for it to be in production. The waitlists at pressing plants are massive - usually more than 6 months. Granted, they should have gone into production a year ago, lol.
    Well, they could have had a standing order at a plant every year in lets say October, and get stuff done in time :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    No it didn't. It said analog members will receive the single in the "coming weeks", which is no more of an update then we had with May's "singles are in production" or August's "make sure your addresses are updated."
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    No it didn't. It said analog members will receive the single in the "coming weeks", which is no more of an update then we had with May's "singles are in production" or August's "make sure your addresses are updated."
    The complaining that goes on around here never ceases to amaze me. They addressed this in the newsletter, apologized and said it will arrive in the coming weeks. To a normal person that is good enough.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,241
    Sarava said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    The complaining that goes on around here never ceases to amaze me. They addressed this in the newsletter, apologized and said it will arrive in the coming weeks. To a normal person that is good enough.
    Who are these normal people you speak of? This is a thread about numbering a box and the other is related to a 7" vinyl single for a fan club member. None of us are normal :dizzy: LOL
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited November 2017
    Sarava said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    The complaining about complaining never ceases to amaze me (and god save me from normal people, haha).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Sarava said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Not a complaint.
    Simply stated a fact - what the newsletter actually said vs. what someone said it did.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Sarava said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Not a complaint.
    Simply stated a fact - what the newsletter actually said vs. what someone said it did.
    You were just clarifying that "the coming weeks" did not necessarily mean "in a few weeks."  It could, but their phrasing leaves more room. Again, I thank 10c for addressing the question in the newsletter. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    Doesn't seem like many people have received their box sets, yet.
    I'll still be curious when they do if people receive numbers "1/500" through "100/500" or if Ten Club keeps those. Of course, I guess if it's just a numbered slip of paper and not a number actually printed on the box it doesn't really matter anyway. 
  • Options
    shecky said:
    Doesn't seem like many people have received their box sets, yet.
    I'll still be curious when they do if people receive numbers "1/500" through "100/500" or if Ten Club keeps those. Of course, I guess if it's just a numbered slip of paper and not a number actually printed on the box it doesn't really matter anyway. 
    I received a double digit number.