Options

Lets Play Two......Inside Job lyrics

JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
I thought mike wrote both ..... the music and lyrics.

Comments

• Options
    Mike is credited with the lyrics on the original (Avocado) album. My understanding is that this is an intensely personal Mike song which Ed helped him finish/polish. It seems like a glaring error on the Lets Play Two cd and film credits that needs a correction
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Yeah. It was all Mike. I remember an interview with Mike where he talked about getting nervous singing it in front of the guys in the early days of recording that album. And I think maybe Ed did help him a tad. The ending lyrics and melody reel of Ed. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Mike is credited with the lyrics on the original (Avocado) album. My understanding is that this is an intensely personal Mike song which Ed helped him finish/polish. It seems like a glaring error on the Lets Play Two cd and film credits that needs a correction
    So your saying we own the rare 1st pressing variant error edition??? :grin:
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    Absolutely all Mike.

It is lyrically about the concepts learned in recovery. The phrase "inside job" is often used throughout AA / NA groups. We speak often about the need for introspection and the work we do is our own, "to thine own self be true". Many of the the lyrics though personal to his experience are universal recovery themes. The arch of his dark past (breathing insecurities out and in, and killing love and it was the highest sin) to the transformation. The perspective of how I choose to feel is how I am  (gratitude).

This is his very personal journey through this process and out the other side, while it also a love letter to recovery whether he meant it to be or not, to the thousands of fans that can identify, who have been through what he has been through. 

As as an alcoholic / addict celebrating twelve years sober and very active in the recovery community, when I hear this song it has a special place in my heart. 

1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    I asked 10c about this and they said: thank you for looking out, we have passed this along. I haven't heard anything since. I guess the wheels move slow as to what to do about it.