Goodness 1st Album on Vinyl! Perks include complete Missoula, MT '98 show w/Mike McCready SBD

2»

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Zod said:

demetrios said:

Zod said:

They still haven't fixed the US only shipping thing :(

Best to message them. They will help ya out. :)
    I was trying to find a link to message the person running the crowdfund, but I didn't see anything. What I am I missing?
    edited May 2017

@guerrillacandy Hey guys, the Goodness Indiegogo needs $75 to meet its goal. Buy a classic record & help them reach their goal
    @Latent_Print The Goodness vinyl campaign wraps up this Friday. Get yours now! Don't miss out!!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    never did figure out how to buy it from canada, but I'm tempted to buy the digital version just for the missoula show.
    edited May 2017
    http://innocentwords.com/goodness-launches-indiegogo-campaign-to-release-debut-album-on-vinyl/

Goodness Launches IndieGoGo Campaign To Release Debut Album On Vinyl

MAY 2, 2017

Among the wave of bands to come out of the “Seattle Scene” in the early to mid-1990s was the overlooked band called Goodness. They were led by former Hammerbox singer Carrie Akre vocals, guitar); and featured Danny Newcomb (guitar, vocals); Garth Reeves (guitar, vocals); Chris Friel (drums) and Fiia McGann (bass, cello, vocals).

Like many bands of that era, Goodness had ties to Pearl Jam. Akre, Friel, and Newcomb would late join Pearl Jam lead guitarist Mike McCready and bassist Rick Friel to form the Rockfords. McCready also appeared, although using the non-de plume “Petster,” on the Goodness track “Electricity, Electricity” which appeared on their debut album and “Schoolhouse Rock! Rocks” compilation release.

Goodness made their introduction in 1995 with their self-titled debut album released on
    Y Records, then signed to the bigger label Immortal/Epic to release the follow up, 1996’s ‘Anthem.’ Good Ink Records picked up the band for the last studio album, 1998’s ‘These Days.’ The band had a nice run as the opening act for tours by Cheap Trick, Oasis, and of course Pearl Jam. But it wasn’t enough to keep the band going. There’s been a few sporadic reunions shows, but nothing as far as a new studio album.

With the recent surge in vinyl sales, Goodness has launched an IndieGoGo campaign to raise money to release their debut album on vinyl. The band has offered up many different price packages with a lot of cool swag to be had if you’d like to donate and purchase the record.  ORDER HERE

No word on a reunion album or tour yet, but if the demand for the vinyl is high, I am betting we might see Goodness on the radar again.

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Got my tickets to the show! It will be fun to see them together again.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08

Goodness Vinyl Release Party w/ STAG

Saturday, Nov 11, 2017 9:00 PM PST (8:00 PM Doors)
    Tractor, Seattle, WA
    21 years and over

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=7405215

So, the vinyl release show at the Tractor Tavern may be sold out but, the in-store performance @ Easy Street Records is open to the public, free, and just one month away from today! Hope to see you there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1542224215836128/

Goodness debut album & bonus download

:)

Hey Demetrios,

Thank you so much for supporting the Goodness Indiegogo campaign. Enclosed is the download code for the remastered album as well as live album from their show opening for Pearl Jam in Missoula, MT way back in June of '98.

Hope you enjoy the downloads and if you have any questions please feel free to reach out.

-Pete / LPR

I kept holding out hoping they would fix it so you could order the physical vinyl.    Then I forgot and missed out on the Missoula '98 opening set.  I hope they make it available somewhere else.
    Awesome!  Thanks!  Now we need them to release PJ's performance from that night too.... My first headlining PJ show.
    Zod said:
    Awesome!  Thanks!  Now we need them to release PJ's performance from that night too.... My first headlining PJ show.
    Would be great if they do release that Pearl Jam show in SBD quality.
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:
    Would be great if they do release that Pearl Jam show in SBD quality.
    I'm finally listening to Goodness' set right now.    I really don't remember any of it lol.... its probably because it's the last thing I heard before having my face melted off by Pearl Jam, and having them cement themselves as my favourite band.. :)