2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    that was a hell of a two point conversion!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Well it was nice to see a QB who can actually move around the pocket and roll out a bit.  Bad pick to give the Viking the win, but that stuff will happen with a rookie.  Feels like they handcuffed him a bit with the play calls, but hard to blame them since the WRs are complete trash.  They just promoted Tanner Gentry to the main roster...why not give him a shot..can't hurt.  
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Yeah, I think the kid played well despite the lack of help.  No WRs, a line that couldn't protect and a very predictable offensive play scheme.  Had some rookie "whoops" moments, but he had a quick release, extended plays and tried to make something out of a busted play.
    Granted it's only been one game but I was amazed at how often he'd chuck it off one leg on the run.  Don't get me wrong, i was amazed with the accuracy from someone doing that, but we didn't see too many examples of him setting his feet and throwing.  That too was also due to the shitty O-line.
    First game with so many missing pieces against one of the best D's in football.  I'd say "not too shabby!"
    Well they did everything that they could to lose that game, but somehow won.  That was just 2 shitty teams playing....I for sure thought it was going to end in a tie.  It's pretty hard to feel good about that one.  I get that the WRs suck, but for Trubisky to only throw the ball 16 times in a game that went to OT is ridiculous.  They never stop talking about how he can make plays by scrambling/rolling out so how the hell is he going to make any plays when they never give him a chance and have him handing the ball off 50 times?!?!?  The play calling by Loggains is so predictable and unimaginative.  It's the old John Shoop run, run, pass offense.  It was nice to see the defense have a couple takeaways.
    Was so excited to see Trubisky play.  The last two games have been so incredibly boring to watch.  Holy hell.
    The only creativity from the Bears has been trick plays.  LET TRUBISKY THROW THE BALL!

I too expected the Bears to blow/lose that game.
    Defense is playing great the past couple games.  So nice to see a defense creating turnovers the past couple weeks...feels like they have barely been doing that the past couple years.  But holy shit is this offense bad.  They're not even giving Trubisky a chance to make any plays.  He only threw the ball 7 times today!!!  Crazy.  When they actually play a team with a competent offense and fall behind, they are going to be in big trouble....not going to get yourself back in any games by running the ball 40 times.  
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Can't believe the refs overturned that touchdown. That's a clear TD for Miller IMO. Unfortunately that injury on the play was nasty and he's most likely done for the year. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Loggains the worst play caller in the nfl.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    Holy shit what a brutal injury for Miller.  Sounds like the surgery he had last night went well and his leg should be OK...that's some scary stuff right there.  I still don't understand how that wasn't a catch.  
    Loggains the worst play caller in the nfl.

He is brutal.  So predictable.  But then when they just needed a yard at the end of the game there, they pass twice?!?!?  Doesn't make any sense.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Hope he recovers.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    That was a disaster on Sunday.  Coming off a bye week and playing the Packers coming off a short week with fucking Brett Hundley starting.  That challenge by Fox was one of the worst coaching moves I've ever seen. It's hard to see any way they bring him back next year.  Loggains continues to be one of the worst play callers the Bears have had..and that's saying something!  Cohen only touches the ball twice???  And they run the ball every fucking time on 1st down...so predictable.  Another lost season.  
  • That was a disaster on Sunday.  Coming off a bye week and playing the Packers coming off a short week with fucking Brett Hundley starting.  That challenge by Fox was one of the worst coaching moves I've ever seen. It's hard to see any way they bring him back next year.  Loggains continues to be one of the worst play callers the Bears have had..and that's saying something!  Cohen only touches the ball twice???  And they run the ball every fucking time on 1st down...so predictable.  Another lost season.  
    Run, run, pass.   Run, run, pass.  Run, run, pass.
    What an embarrassment.  Fire Fox now.  
  • What an embarrassment.  Fire Fox now.  
    Meh.  Kinda saw this one coming.  They still suck though.  Fire the OC, play calling is awful.
    Meh.  Kinda saw this one coming.  They still suck though.  Fire the OC, play calling is awful.
    Do you think they should get rid of Fox?  The whole staff needs to go.  What a mess.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Do you think they should get rid of Fox?  The whole staff needs to go.  What a mess.
    The whole front office and coaching staff needs to go. Even if Trubisky becomes the next Montana, I'll always think that move on draft day was one of the worst I've seen. They're completely inept when it comes to making good football decisions. 
    Wow.  Not much left to say.  This entire organization is an embarrassment.  It's hard to see things getting better anytime soon.  
  • Wow.  Not much left to say.  This entire organization is an embarrassment.  It's hard to see things getting better anytime soon.  
    Yep. Wait till the draft when the strike out again.  Good times in Chicago.  
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    Christmas Eve tix against the Browns goin' for 30 bucks on StubHub! Wanna ruin Christmas and go see a couple of real shitty football teams?!? Not me! I won't be there!
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
    edited December 2017
    Christmas Eve tix against the Browns goin' for 30 bucks on StubHub! Wanna ruin Christmas and go see a couple of real shitty football teams?!? Not me! I won't be there!
    Good news for me is I'll actually get to see this game on TV.  Bad news is I get to watch this game on TV :lol:
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    LOL.  I can't believe the tix are that expensive!  I hope the weather is awful and the place is empty.  Fuck the McCaskey's.

My dad offered me free tickets from his work for that Browns game and I just laughed at him.  Really nice seats in the United Club with a parking pass and everything too....no thanks!  I've already had the misfortune of seeing 2 Bears game in person this year...not wasting my time on more of that nonsense this season.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    $30 LOL!! Someone would have to PAY ME a lot of dough to go watch this crap team play. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

$30 for NFL tickets is a steal!!!!

but that ain’t NFL.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Nice to see Trubisky play so well yesterday.  Granted, it was against the horseshit Bengals but still good for his confidence.  Hopefully they finish strong here, but regardless of how they finish, Fox still needs to go.
    Nice to see Trubisky play so well yesterday.  Granted, it was against the horseshit Bengals but still good for his confidence.  Hopefully they finish strong here, but regardless of how they finish, Fox still needs to go.
    Being a Bears fan in Ohio its always nice when they beat the Browns and Bengals.  I can't stand either of the Ohio NFL teams.

Hopefully yesterdays game is the start of a trend and they finish the season strong.  
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    So Kyle Long had neck surgery?!?  That guy is an absolute mess.  Has been playing with a torn labrum for the past 2 seasons and his ankle was absolutely destroyed last year.  I know he's a tough dude and wants to play, but he probably shouldn't have played at all this season.  Hopefully he can get himself healthy again because he's a pretty damn good player when he is healthy.

I've been offered free tickets for the Browns game my multiple people.  My response has been a simple 'LOL' text back.  Supposed to be cold on Sunday too....that shithole of a stadium is going to be empty.  
  • Kyle Long will probably be almost immobile in his 40's.  Poor dude is beat up!  

We've gone back and forth about going to the game Sunday.  We always try to do something different as a family on Christmas eve.  This year we are having Chinese Duck in Chinatown for dinner as a nod to the Parker family in A Christmas Story.  I figured maybe we hit the Bears game seeing as Soldier is close to Chinatown.......at this point, free tickets in the Stadium Club AND A PARKING PASS is the only way I'd do it.  Expecting over 20,000 no shows I hear.....
    So Kyle Long had neck surgery?!?  That guy is an absolute mess.  Has been playing with a torn labrum for the past 2 seasons and his ankle was absolutely destroyed last year.  I know he's a tough dude and wants to play, but he probably shouldn't have played at all this season.  Hopefully he can get himself healthy again because he's a pretty damn good player when he is healthy.

I've been offered free tickets for the Browns game my multiple people.  My response has been a simple 'LOL' text back.  Supposed to be cold on Sunday too....that shithole of a stadium is going to be empty.  
    Yeah, there would be ZERO chance I take anyone's tickets....even if they were free....to see that shitty team embarrass themselves at a freezing ass Soldier Field.  F that!

But yeah, I tend to see Kyle Long having much shorter career than he or any of us expected.