tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:
    And to answer your question, no its not because they can kill. Its just fun. Why aremodel rockets fun? I dont know, they just are. its fun to light a rocket and watch it launch hundreds of feet up. Its fun to shoot clay targets and watch them shatter when you hit them.Most of my guns are .22, essentially the smallest caliber, so it isnt about killing capabilities. 
    Which I guess is why I'm okay with a lot of gun restrictions. I can still target shoot with smaller magazine limits, I can wait 10 days before shooting, I can pass a background check. 
    Ok, of course bows and arrows were created to kill also but I don't think we need fear their use in mass murders.

I still don't understand why it's important for you to shoot with live rounds. Would it be less fun for you to shoot with a paint ball or even some kind of rubber bullet?

I'm genuinely trying to understand this gun culture that is so alien to me
    When discussing mass murder with a leftist it is so hard to take them seriously.
    And this is why discussing guns with right wingers is difficult. Someone’s asking questions out of sincere curiousity and your response is to shut down the discussion, not expand it. 
    I made the assumption that since the antis are always telling me how much training should be needed it was obvious that in order to be trained you'd have to use real ammo.

You can't really train things like marksmanship with paintballs.
    Marksmanship?  

I don't see a need to train gun owners on marksmanship.  That's the military's job
    Exactly
    Not exactly. I personally hope that all gun owners are able to hit what they're aiming at. I don't understand why someone would downplay the need to be proficient with whatever tool you're using.
    The inference was that people should be required to be trained with marksmanship.  Yes, I understand the need/desire for a hunter to want to practice his/her shot.

I was referring to the idea that those in favor of gun control/registration/licensing, etc. would require marksmanship training.  I, for one, don't really care if you are a good shot.  I just believe you should have proper instruction on how to handle and store the weapon before you get a license.  Kind of like how we require people to learn traffic laws before we give them a driver's license.
    I totally agree with your last paragraph, and I would say that a large portion of gun owners do get that kind of education.  You are required to have it to obtain a CCW or even to hunt legally(at least in Texas).  I’m not a paying member of the NRA, but they are probably the most active group in providing the educational trainings.  
    I was able to purchase a handgun in Indiana with absolutely no training whatsoever.  I applied for a lifetime carry license which required a background check, fingerprinting, etc.  Took a week or so to get that approved which was no problem to me.

Once I had the license I bought the gun.  
    I don’t doubt it at all.  I don’t think anywhere requires a gun safety course to obtain a firearm.  That is unfortunate and it is obvious who hasn’t had a safety course if you are ever around them.  They are the ones crossing people with the muzzle and saying things like “it’s not even loaded.
    It seems we've found at least one common ground with gun owners; mandatory gun safety courses prior to ownership. I would hope all of you are contacting your local NRA chapter and legislature to push for these mandatory provisions since the anti gun crowd don't understand the terminology and are too negative in their characterizations of gun violence their voices just don't have the impact of someone who owns and shoots guns regularly. If it's something you really believe in and are concerned about, then it's up to you to make us all safer. To paraphrase Smokey Bear, only you can help prevent accidental shootings!
    It used to be part of school curriculum.   Bring gun safety classes back, totally agree.
    So who best to regulate that other than the state?  Issue state licenses for gun owners that reflect basic competency.  

If run through the DMV you wouldn't have much more admin cost since the brick and mortar already exists.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    RYME said:
    I'm wondering when and where the next mass shooting is going to be?

Do you think it will be with a lever action .22, a bolt action .30-06, a double barrel shotgun, or an AR15?

And how many people are going to get killed?

I know. I know. Tough questions. I'll give it a shot:

My guess is... hmmm... this is tough... I saaaayyy... oohhh... the south somewhere/ next week/ AR15/ and 24 killed (I'm not counting the wounded people- who cares about those guys). Maybe at a Chucky Cheese or something.

Now git to the range and squeeze a few rounds off! Yee Haw! Shootin' shit makes a man (well... Wranglers and buck teeth too I might add). 
    Except for the AR-15,. I own several of each of those glorified versions of a pellet guns that you mentioned & Yes I feel so manly when armed!! ;)
    You've got a gun? Fact you've got 2?

That's okay man, cuz you love God!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    RYME said:

Do you think it will be with a lever action .22, a bolt action .30-06, a double barrel shotgun, or an AR15?

My guess is... hmmm... this is tough... I saaaayyy... oohhh... the south somewhere/ next week/ AR15/ and 24 killed (I'm not counting the wounded people- who cares about those guys). Maybe at a Chucky Cheese or something.

Now git to the range and squeeze a few rounds off! Yee Haw! Shootin' shit makes a man (well... Wranglers and buck teeth too I might add). 
    Except for the AR-15,. I own several of each of those glorified versions of a pellet guns that you mentioned & Yes I feel so manly when armed!! ;)

You God damn right!! =)
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:
    And to answer your question, no its not because they can kill. Its just fun. Why aremodel rockets fun? I dont know, they just are. its fun to light a rocket and watch it launch hundreds of feet up. Its fun to shoot clay targets and watch them shatter when you hit them.Most of my guns are .22, essentially the smallest caliber, so it isnt about killing capabilities. 
    Which I guess is why I'm okay with a lot of gun restrictions. I can still target shoot with smaller magazine limits, I can wait 10 days before shooting, I can pass a background check. 
    Ok, of course bows and arrows were created to kill also but I don't think we need fear their use in mass murders.

I still don't understand why it's important for you to shoot with live rounds. Would it be less fun for you to shoot with a paint ball or even some kind of rubber bullet?

When discussing mass murder with a leftist it is so hard to take them seriously.
    And this is why discussing guns with right wingers is difficult. Someone’s asking questions out of sincere curiousity and your response is to shut down the discussion, not expand it. 
    I made the assumption that since the antis are always telling me how much training should be needed it was obvious that in order to be trained you'd have to use real ammo.

Marksmanship?  

I don't see a need to train gun owners on marksmanship.  That's the military's job
    Exactly
    Not exactly. I personally hope that all gun owners are able to hit what they're aiming at. I don't understand why someone would downplay the need to be proficient with whatever tool you're using.
    The inference was that people should be required to be trained with marksmanship.  Yes, I understand the need/desire for a hunter to want to practice his/her shot.

I was referring to the idea that those in favor of gun control/registration/licensing, etc. would require marksmanship training.  I, for one, don't really care if you are a good shot.  I just believe you should have proper instruction on how to handle and store the weapon before you get a license.  Kind of like how we require people to learn traffic laws before we give them a driver's license.
    I totally agree with your last paragraph, and I would say that a large portion of gun owners do get that kind of education.  You are required to have it to obtain a CCW or even to hunt legally(at least in Texas).  I’m not a paying member of the NRA, but they are probably the most active group in providing the educational trainings.  
    I was able to purchase a handgun in Indiana with absolutely no training whatsoever.  I applied for a lifetime carry license which required a background check, fingerprinting, etc.  Took a week or so to get that approved which was no problem to me.

I don’t doubt it at all.  I don’t think anywhere requires a gun safety course to obtain a firearm.  That is unfortunate and it is obvious who hasn’t had a safety course if you are ever around them.  They are the ones crossing people with the muzzle and saying things like “it’s not even loaded.
    It seems we've found at least one common ground with gun owners; mandatory gun safety courses prior to ownership. I would hope all of you are contacting your local NRA chapter and legislature to push for these mandatory provisions since the anti gun crowd don't understand the terminology and are too negative in their characterizations of gun violence their voices just don't have the impact of someone who owns and shoots guns regularly. If it's something you really believe in and are concerned about, then it's up to you to make us all safer. To paraphrase Smokey Bear, only you can help prevent accidental shootings!
    It used to be part of school curriculum.   Bring gun safety classes back, totally agree.
    So who best to regulate that other than the state?  Issue state licenses for gun owners that reflect basic competency.  

If run through the DMV you wouldn't have much more admin cost since the brick and mortar already exists.
    Some States already do, Illinois being one, Chicago is just getting worse.  Guns can’t be blamed, that is just a cop-out.  Nothing will change until people value life.  How do we get that done?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

Some States already do, Illinois being one, Chicago is just getting worse.  Guns can’t be blamed, that is just a cop-out.  Nothing will change until people value life.  How do we get that done?
    Step one would be to ban assault weapons and require gun registration and licensing.

We make it too easy to destroy life.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Yes, that's obviously the most reasonable explanation.  Other countries just value life more than the US does. 

Fun fact: The Second Amendment was ratified to preserve slavery

There is literally a direct line from the 2nd Amendment to devaluation of human life.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

You God damn right!! =)
    Lol

Cheers.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

I agree with your bolded statement, but these days idealists get mocked, so I don't see that changing. Maybe you're right that if other people can't be depended upon to value life, they themselves will need to secure their own.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

no it fucking isn't a cop out. if you can fire off 1000 rounds in 10 minutes and you think that's not part of the issue, that's the fucking cop out. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    unsung said:

mandatory liability insurance 

that is how you acknowledge the societal cost of gun ownership
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Yes, that's obviously the most reasonable explanation.  Other countries just value life more than the US does. 

There is literally a direct line from the 2nd Amendment to devaluation of human life.
    https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/history/people/indian-killer-andrew-jackson-deserves-top-spot-on-list-of-worst-us-presidents/
    Read about the original founding days of the Democrat party.  Above
    That is wrong sir the second amendment was not to ratify slavery, rather it was a put in place to allow the citizenry to be able to fight back against a tyrannical government.  Please read what the second amendment was actually for.
    https://www.livescience.com/26485-second-amendment.html
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    unsung said:
    This is why we can't take anything seriously.  Ban the chainsaws!

I wonder how the victims in Texas, Orlando, Vegas and Sandy Hook would find the humor in this? Why don’t you forward it to some of them and report back? Being the tough guy you are and all.
    Can’t laugh when you’re not alive!! 
  • Options
    riley540 said:
    unsung said:
    This is why we can't take anything seriously.  Ban the chainsaws!

I wonder how the victims in Texas, Orlando, Vegas and Sandy Hook would find the humor in this? Why don’t you forward it to some of them and report back? Being the tough guy you are and all.
    Can’t laugh when you’re not alive!! 
    Maybe you’d like to call the survivors or relatives of those killed and ask them how they feel about Unsung’s post, seeing you think they might laugh? Let us know, would you please?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    RYME said:
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/history/people/indian-killer-andrew-jackson-deserves-top-spot-on-list-of-worst-us-presidents/
    That is wrong sir the second amendment was not to ratify slavery, rather it was a put in place to allow the citizenry to be able to fight back against a tyrannical government.  Please read what the second amendment was actually for.

Neither of the links you provide appear to be relevant to your point.

Also, your point is wrong. 
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    CM189191 said:
    RYME said:
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Neither of the links you provide appear to be relevant to your point.

Also, your point is wrong. 
    I can multitask.
    The second amendment was to give the citizenry the right to keep and bear arms, so that they could fight back against a tyrannical government if need be.  The Second Amendment had nothing to do with preserving slavery. That fun fact listed above is simply wrong and was made up.
    I mentioned Andrew Jackson simply because he was the founder of the Democrat Party, a big-time slave owner and a big-time Indian killer.
    He should never have been put on the $20 bill.  Just ask any Native American what they think of him, and any African Americans who know the true history about slavery, who was for it and who was against it at the time, and who implemented it.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

Your stance that somehow American's don't value life doesn't hold up in comparison to other countries. The NRA programmed narrative needs to shift away from 'more guns makes you safer' to more guns means more dead people and more gun homicide. It'll take a long time to steer the ship, but the facts need to be rolled into the validation of people's fear that is driving people feeling the need for guns.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Buddy of mine had a table at a gun show in Indiana today, feds were there trying to get sellers to sell without paperwork.

How do I know?  One ID'd themself to him.

So much for that "loophole".
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    unsung said:
    Buddy of mine had a table at a gun show in Indiana today, feds were there trying to get sellers to sell without paperwork.

You sure they weren’t there to take all the guns?
  • Options
    Aotunsung said:

One gun show in the shangrala of indianer constitutes definitive proof that all gun sales at all gun shows have the requisite, if required, background checks and paper work in order. Also, no guns are sold out of the trunk in the parking lot. Welcome to Unsung’s America where the heavy boot of government is firmly on the necks of patriots.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mace1229 said:

Marksmanship?  

Exactly

Your stance that somehow American's don't value life doesn't hold up in comparison to other countries. The NRA programmed narrative needs to shift away from 'more guns makes you safer' to more guns means more dead people and more gun homicide. It'll take a long time to steer the ship, but the facts need to be rolled into the validation of people's fear that is driving people feeling the need for gun

The Democrats are the best gun salesmen there are.
    Any time democrats are in office, gun & ammo sales Skyrocket, particularly under Obama administration look at the numbers.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    unsung said:

You sure they weren’t there to take all the guns?
    We're they the U.N. troops sent in by President Obama?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Fake fun facts about the second amendment being implemented to preserve slavery has no legs to stand on.
    The truth stings sometimes don't it, CM189,****,
    That fake fun fact that you linked is designed to confuse people even more than they already are.  It's to bad that gullible people lap it up like thirsty dogs.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    RYME said:
    The Slinky guy above with the fake fun facts about the second amendment being implemented to preserve slavery has no gas left in his tank.
    The truth stings sometimes don't it, CM189191.
    That fake fun fact that you linked is designed to confuse people even more than they already are.  It's to bad that gullible people lap it up like thirsty dogs.
    No worse than those gullible enough to go out and buy more guns and ammo based on an irrational fear that the big bad gubment is going to seize their guns or ban them. Suckers to the gun manufacturers and the NRA. A fool and their money are soon parted.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    RYME said:
    The Slinky guy above with the fake fun facts about the second amendment being implemented to preserve slavery has no gas left in his tank.
    No worse than those gullible enough to go out and buy more guns and ammo based on an irrational fear that the big bad gubment is going to seize their guns or ban them. Suckers to the gun manufacturers and the NRA. A fool and their money are soon parted.
    Have you seen Feinstein s proposed legislation?  And that s why there is always a rush to buy.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    RYME said:
    Have you seen Feinstein s proposed legislation?  And that s why there is always a rush to buy.  
    Yep,  unfortunately as long as we're here, the struggle continues.

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    RYME said:
    And with good reason. It’s not like the carnage never happened.

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2017/11/senators-introduce-assault-weapons-ban

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    RYME said:
    Fake fun facts about the second amendment being implemented to preserve slavery has no legs to stand on.
    The truth stings sometimes don't it, CM189,****,
    Typical conservative  Knows they're wrong, proceeds to double down on their stupidity anyways.  

Overthrow any tyrannical governments lately? 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,230
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RYME said:

You've read the bill proposal, right? The struggle to own semi auto assault rifles? Oh the hardships that would create. Only a privileged male would call that a struggle.

I mean you guys are ridiculous. Oh no, I can't have those 205 death machines that are referenced. How will you survive with the over 2000 left to choose from? Plus, you get to keep what you own lawfully!

Key provisions

• Bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.
    • Bans any assault weapon that accepts a detachable ammunition magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock. Owners may keep existing weapons.
    • Bans magazines and other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, which allow shooters to quickly fire many rounds without needing to reload. Owners may keep existing magazines.

Exemptions to bill

• The bill exempts by name more than 2,200 guns for hunting, household defense or recreational purposes.
    • The bill includes a grandfather clause that exempts all weapons lawfully possessed at the date of enactment.

Other provisions:

• Requires a background check on any future sale, trade or gifting of an assault weapon covered by the bill.
    • Requires that grandfathered assault weapons are stored using a secure gun storage or safety device like a trigger lock.
    • Prohibits the transfer of high-capacity ammunition magazines.
    • Bans bump-fire stocks and other devices that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire at fully automatic rates.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RYME said:

You've read the bill proposal, right? The struggle to own semi auto assault rifles? Oh the hardships that would create. Only a privileged male would call that a struggle.

I mean you guys are ridiculous. Oh no, I can't have those 205 death machines that are referenced. How will you survive with the over 2000 left to choose from? Plus, you get to keep what you own lawfully!

Key provisions

• Bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.
    • Bans any assault weapon that accepts a detachable ammunition magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock. Owners may keep existing weapons.
    • Bans magazines and other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, which allow shooters to quickly fire many rounds without needing to reload. Owners may keep existing magazines.

Exemptions to bill

• The bill exempts by name more than 2,200 guns for hunting, household defense or recreational purposes.
    • The bill includes a grandfather clause that exempts all weapons lawfully possessed at the date of enactment.

Other provisions:

• Requires a background check on any future sale, trade or gifting of an assault weapon covered by the bill.
    • Requires that grandfathered assault weapons are stored using a secure gun storage or safety device like a trigger lock.
    • Prohibits the transfer of high-capacity ammunition magazines.
    • Bans bump-fire stocks and other devices that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire at fully automatic rates.
    “You’ve got to start somewhere.” Nothing can be done.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RYME said:

You're struggling to buy guns? You must be doing it wrong. Everyone else seems to be able to do it without too much trouble. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
This discussion has been closed.