*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Yeah, he's referring to the highly rational, highly logical, highly succinct - all with superb grammar, may I add - and always very, very funny posts by our boy Hot Takes.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, he's referring to the highly rational, highly logical, highly succinct - all with superb grammar, may I add - and always very, very funny posts by our boy Hot Takes.
    Of course.

Well it is Hot Take Monday.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    hurts so much coming from a guy who less than a page ago said 'fuck colangelo' and who had previously said Dave Montgomery getting cancer might be a gift from above. stay classy dude. :rock_on:
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited November 2017
    I know i'm the smartest guy, so can someone please explain to me what the hell" Load Management," means? Load management? 

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/sixers-joel-embiid-jerryd-bayless-utah-jazz-20171106.html?amphtml=y&mobi=true

Sixers' Joel Embiid, Jerryd Bayless out Tuesday vs. Utah

Marc Narducci, STAFF WRITER

Updated: Monday, November 6, 2017, 3:47 PM

Sixers center Joel Embiid attempts to dunk the basketball against Indiana Pacers center Myles Turner.

Joel Embiid will miss Tuesday night’s game in Salt Lake City as the 76ers kick off a five-game road trip with a game against the Utah Jazz.

The team says that Embiid is out because of “load management” and that the Sixers center will be available for Thursday’s game in Sacramento.

In addition, guard Jerryd Bayless injured his left wrist in the fourth quarter of Friday’s 121-110 win over Indiana and is out for at least Tuesday’s game.

Embiid was a limited participant in Monday’s practice. The Sixers had Saturday and Sunday off from practice.

Coach Brett Brown was limited in what he could say about Embiid’s time off.

“I follow the instruction of our medical people, and there is completely a thought-out plan why this plan has been recommended,” Brown said. “If it requires more information, they will be the ones to explain why they decided to make this recommendation.”

Post edited by cutz on
    cutz said:
    I know i'm the smartest guy, so can someone please explain to me what the hell" Load Management," means? Load management? 

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/sixers-joel-embiid-jerryd-bayless-utah-jazz-20171106.html?amphtml=y&mobi=true

Sixers center Joel Embiid attempts to dunk the basketball against Indiana Pacers center Myles Turner.

Joel Embiid will miss Tuesday night’s game in Salt Lake City as the 76ers kick off a five-game road trip with a game against the Utah Jazz.

The team says that Embiid is out because of “load management” and that the Sixers center will be available for Thursday’s game in Sacramento.

In addition, guard Jerryd Bayless injured his left wrist in the fourth quarter of Friday’s 121-110 win over Indiana and is out for at least Tuesday’s game.

Embiid was a limited participant in Monday’s practice. The Sixers had Saturday and Sunday off from practice.

“I follow the instruction of our medical people, and there is completely a thought-out plan why this plan has been recommended,” Brown said. “If it requires more information, they will be the ones to explain why they decided to make this recommendation.”

Work load. Embiid's always gonna miss games now and then in an effort to  keep him healthy. Dude's 7 ft, 280 some pounds with a lengthy injury history.

I've said this before but if we get 5 to 6 years of him at 60 games per year and around 30 minutes per game...I will be ecstatic. Seems like an odd one to miss now, though, after four days rest but whatever....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutz said:

Work load. Embiid's always gonna miss games now and then in an effort to  keep him healthy. Dude's 7 ft, 280 some pounds with a lengthy injury history.

I've said this before but if we get 5 to 6 years of him at 60 games per year and around 30 minutes per game...I will be ecstatic. Seems like an odd one to miss now, though, after four days rest but whatever....
    You don't want him to end up like Rose.  That is probably the biggest disappointment from a player I've seen.  Sooo much upside only to be sidelined with injury after injury...
    cutz said:

I get he's gonna miss some games, but  not to play after 3 days of rest and he's not playing tonight? Odd is right. Makes you wonder. Why not play him tonight, against a better Jazz team, and then sit him for the Kings game?
    edited November 2017
    Dario is never coming over. 

Trust this process. Please. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Nice win with no Jojo and Simmons on an off night.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Nice win with no Jojo and Simmons on an off night.
    I love how an off night for Ben is still an easy double double. What a talent
    chinese-happy.jpg
    https://www.thescore.com/news/1417113

Report: Suns interested in Jahlil Okafor

by John Chick 6h ago
    Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports / Action Images

As the Phoenix Suns decide what to do with Greg Monroe, they may have their sights set on a younger big man. The Suns have had interest in Philadelphia 76ers center Jahlil Okafor, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Phoenix acquired Monroe in Tuesday's Eric Bledsoe trade, but are reportedly hoping to flip the 27-year-old center, whose contract expires after this season. Okafor is essentially estranged from the 76ers, having played only two games so far, and asking for either a trade or release.

Phoenix also landed two draft picks in the Bledsoe deal.

• No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    cutz said:
    https://www.thescore.com/news/1417113

Report: Suns interested in Jahlil Okafor

by John Chick 6h ago
    Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports / Action Images

As the Phoenix Suns decide what to do with Greg Monroe, they may have their sights set on a younger big man. The Suns have had interest in Philadelphia 76ers center Jahlil Okafor, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Phoenix acquired Monroe in Tuesday's Eric Bledsoe trade, but are reportedly hoping to flip the 27-year-old center, whose contract expires after this season. Okafor is essentially estranged from the 76ers, having played only two games so far, and asking for either a trade or release.

Phoenix also landed two draft picks in the Bledsoe deal.

I wish my Bulls would take a punt on Okafor. With the lack of talent we have, I'd love to see him get a shot with us.

I can't see how he fits with the Suns, they already have Len and Chandler, even if the waive Monroe and then Criss and Bender

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
    Can we make it 6 in a row tonight? Be need to have that head of steam heading into Golden State Saturday....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Can we make it 6 in a row tonight? Be need to have that head of steam heading into Golden State Saturday....
    Tell me how it goes. Can't stay up for that.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

10:30 tip...yeah I'll probably be asleep at halftime. Sucks

Really looking forward to Saturday though.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    JK_Livin said:

is this game on tv?  can't find it anywhere :confused:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    How much are 76ers jerseys in $USD?
    I am on the 76ers online shop and a Ben Simmons Nike swingman jersey is $109.99.
    That doesn't sound right as that is how much it costs here in $AUD.
    Or is the website converting it to AUD for me automatically?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Sloppy game. Jojo is still out of shape.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Classic trap game with GS tomorrow. Guess they traded the one they were likely to lose with the one they were likely to win this week. Bad loss.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Classic trap game with GS tomorrow. Guess they traded the one they were likely to lose with the one they were likely to win this week. Bad loss.
    Was a bad loss. Outscored 8-0 to end the game. Just like the Houston game when they were outscored 9-0 in that loss. 

Simmons getting in foul trouble hurt. Didn't  like Embiid took a 14-16 FT Jumper on the last shot. 

Lets see how they do with the GSW.
    JK_Livin said:

was the game on tv?  i couldn't find it anywhere
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    JK_Livin said:

It was on NBCSPA+
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:

It was on NBCSPA+
    oh ok thanks, not sure if i have that channel
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    edited November 2017
    so far playing golden state well.  keep it up, go Sixers!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I hate Durant so much
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I hate Durant so much
    Cliff, I'm gonna say it - you're a Sixers (Philly) fan...
    I hate Durant so much
    Cliff, I'm gonna say it - you're a Sixers (Philly) fan...
    ha

Can you imagine what it's like to be a fan of Golden State? Regular season must bore them to death.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited November 2017

in 1979, Darryl Dawkins introduced us to Chocolate Thunder.

0:11 / 0:19
    1:30 PM - 13 Nov 2017

Stayed up to watch that whole game last night. Processy things were happening all over the place. Fun game. Good win. Embiid and Simmons are beasts. Go Sixers.
    chinese-happy.jpg