Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,491
    Feet Don't Fail Me Now is just phenomenal.  Can't drive in the car more than 10 minutes without turning up this song to 11.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,394
    edited October 2017
    I was thinking today, how amazing the last six songs in Portland were: 

I Appear Missing 
    Villians of Circumstance
    Little Sister 
    Sick Sick Sick 
    Go With the Flow 
    Encore: Song For The Dead

The band seemed to hit another gear during I Appear Missing, and never looked back. Despite Josh hurting his leg, the band really brought the house down in the back end of that night. Portland was an awesome awesome show
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,931
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'd be interested in the sound in an arena.  Their music is louder than most and I wonder if the sound would actually be better in an arena.   Has anyone done both on this tour?
    I saw Queens open for NIN in an arena, and the sound was infinitely better than every other time I saw them in a theatre. The overall feel wasn't the same, mind you, but the sound was way better. 
    Overall feel trumps sound IMO, but only marginally. Both are so important. Anyway, I think they are using over half the arena in Vancouver, so big floor, and I'm thinking maybe 10,000 tix? That is just a guess though. It even occurred to me that QOTSA might not sell out or at least come close. Huh, I guess I'm out of touch, lol..... Shows with a bunch of empty seats... hmm. I don't think I've ever seen an arena show where that even happened before TBH. I can imagine it isn't so hot as far as vibe goes.
    yes, but when a band like Queens is so fucking loud that it hurts to be there, sound trumps feel. Ministry almost made me, literally, go deaf. My ears were ringing for 5 days after that show. 
    To anyone on here, I can't recommend enough having a set of musician's earplugs made. Mine were made in Toronto at a place called Listen Up for about $250. Best money I've ever spent - I use them at every concert (and many other loud events since I have noise-induced tinnitus), and everything just gets quieter (and not worse in quality unlike those piece of crap foam or plastic plugs).
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'd be interested in the sound in an arena.  Their music is louder than most and I wonder if the sound would actually be better in an arena.   Has anyone done both on this tour?
    I saw Queens open for NIN in an arena, and the sound was infinitely better than every other time I saw them in a theatre. The overall feel wasn't the same, mind you, but the sound was way better. 
    Overall feel trumps sound IMO, but only marginally. Both are so important. Anyway, I think they are using over half the arena in Vancouver, so big floor, and I'm thinking maybe 10,000 tix? That is just a guess though. It even occurred to me that QOTSA might not sell out or at least come close. Huh, I guess I'm out of touch, lol..... Shows with a bunch of empty seats... hmm. I don't think I've ever seen an arena show where that even happened before TBH. I can imagine it isn't so hot as far as vibe goes.
    yes, but when a band like Queens is so fucking loud that it hurts to be there, sound trumps feel. Ministry almost made me, literally, go deaf. My ears were ringing for 5 days after that show. 
    To anyone on here, I can't recommend enough having a set of musician's earplugs made. Mine were made in Toronto at a place called Listen Up for about $250. Best money I've ever spent - I use them at every concert (and many other loud events since I have noise-induced tinnitus), and everything just gets quieter (and not worse in quality unlike those piece of crap foam or plastic plugs).
    What’s the downside to the foam ear plugs? 
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,931
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Muffled sound, uneven volume reduction across frequency, discomfort after extended use because they are generically shaped rather than for your own ears, designed for single (or minimal) use, to list a few.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Muffled sound, uneven volume reduction across frequency, discomfort after extended use because they are generically shaped rather than for your own ears, designed for single (or minimal) use, to list a few.
    Cool, I use them on the reg as I get them free from work. I was wondering if there were any physical downsides besides the sound quality. I don’t get the discomfort much (I usually only have them in for 2-3 hours). I agree about the muffled sound, but it’s never taken away from my enjoyment of a show. I can still usually hear well enough if the mix is decent. 
  • bramnieskensbramnieskens The Netherlands Posts: 101
    Hi guys, 
    does anyone know how to get my hands on one of the limited edition posters at their shows? 
    Just queue up and hope for the best or are there enough posters available? 
    So they make posters for every show they play or just US tours? 
    All tips ‘n tricks are welcome 
    thanks

2007: Nijmegen
    2010: Nijmegen
    2012: Amsterdam 1
    2013: Los Angeles 1 & 2
    2014: Gold Coast
    2018: Amsterdam 1 & 2, Prague, Krakow, Berlin

• Hi guys, 
    does anyone know how to get my hands on one of the limited edition posters at their shows? 
    thanks
    If you absolutely want to / have to have it, get there early. That’s really about the only advice worth offering IMO. 

There seemed to be plenty available up to, and during Royal Blood’s sets in Boston & Portland, but if you REALLY want the poster I wouldn’t leave anything to chance. If it’s an awesome design, it could go pretty quickly. 
    Hi guys, 
    thanks
    If you absolutely want to / have to have it, get there early. That’s really about the only advice worth offering IMO. 

There seemed to be plenty available up to, and during Royal Blood’s sets in Boston & Portland, but if you REALLY want the poster I wouldn’t leave anything to chance. If it’s an awesome design, it could go pretty quickly. 
    Thank you! 
    Unfortunately we don’t have Royal Blood as a support act here in Amsterdam but I’ll queue up before the doors open and I’ll go back to the pub after I’ve bought my poster ;)
    are there previews available? Or is the artist unknown until the night of the show?

• Hi guys, 
    thanks

Thank you! 
    Unfortunately we don’t have Royal Blood as a support act here in Amsterdam but I’ll queue up before the doors open and I’ll go back to the pub after I’ve bought my poster ;)
    are there previews available? Or is the artist unknown until the night of the show?
    Yes, QOTSA’s Twitter & Facebook pages posted images of each night’s poster early afternoon, day of the show. For example: 

https://www.facebook.com/QOTSA/posts/10155887345732806
    Hi guys, 
    thanks

Thank you! 
    Yes, QOTSA’s Twitter & Facebook pages posted images of each night’s poster early afternoon, day of the show. For example: 

https://www.facebook.com/QOTSA/posts/10155887345732806
    Awesome! Thanks

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    EODM opener. Sweet!

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    They are playing Breese Field in Madison in May, just announced.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    @HughFreakingDillon QOTSA just announced a show in Winnipeg! :joy:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, I actually despise wearing them. It really takes away from the show for me because it muffles the music and cuts out way too much of the crowd noise too. I realize they are important for my hearing and all... but I still hate them (yes, really good earplugs suck for me too, not just the shitty cheap ones). :frowning:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    @HughFreakingDillon QOTSA just announced a show in Winnipeg! :joy:
    I JUST SAW THAT. OMG OMG OMG OMG. WITH ROYAL BLOOD OPENING. OMG OMG OMG. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
  • Shreveport huh?  
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,291
    Shreveport huh?  
    Why not, Foo Fighters playing Shreveport next year.  I may have to go to the Madison show, interesting.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Shreveport huh?  
    Why not, Foo Fighters playing Shreveport next year.  I may have to go to the Madison show, interesting.
    I wish they played there when I was living out that way!
    Shreveport huh?  
    I wish they played there when I was living out that way!
    Fair point
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,491
    I wish they changed their setlist up show to show.  Would be a blast to follow around for a week.
  • Massara133Massara133 Stettler AB Canada Posts: 430
    Anyone have info on their fan club presale?
    ticketmaster indicates fan club presale 2 days before public sale but I can't find any info about it on QOTSA website 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I received an email for the last tour announcement with a code, but haven't gotten anything this time.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Got my ticket for the Madison show next year
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO

man. seen these guys 4 times. but the last time, when this new show comes around, will be 10 years and 3 weeks ago. that's insane. they came twice in 6 months for Era Vulgaris, and then not since then. how bizarre. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

just scored floor GA for Winnipeg. Sweet. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    just scored floor GA for Winnipeg. Sweet. 
    Awesome! Glad to hear they're finally coming back to your area. I feel like they've hit their peak so it's a great time to see them. Reminds me of '03 PJ. Not difficult to get tickets, putting on killer shows and still rocking the old stuff. The only thing missing is a more varied set list.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Hi guys, 
    thanks

Thank you! 

#FHP
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    ^^^ Wow! Beautiful print.