Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    I haven't received any DEEP MAGAZINES lately.  I miss the Resipies For Life articles.
    So here is a great recipe I thought I'd pass along.  It's awesome.
    https://www.pocketfives.com/f13/chinchilla-stew-161962/

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited November 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't remember ever seeing this on a shelf in US grocery stores.

Do y'all keep it next to the all-dressed chips, Crunchie bars, Cheezies and other processed foodstuff exclusive to Canada?
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Those Well-Dressed chips are da bomb!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,735
    Hahaha.
    Start a 'Cake Thread'

I am one of those guilty of putting down Chicago deep dish pizza and saying that it cannot be called pizza.  Will take that 'Lou's is Dogshit' stance to my grave with me.  I totally get that some people love it and that this is what they think of when they think of pizza.
    (When I think of Lou's I think of serious stomach issues.)

I don't care what people call it. All I know is that a deep dish from Lou Malnati's with the sausage patty is fucking delicious.  Can't eat it too often though....maybe every 2-3 months.  It's just too heavy...usually a Sunday night order after a very long weekend of drinking.  Sad part is that everyone only thinks of deep dish for Chicago pizza....there is so much good thin crust pizza here.  That's what I eat 95% of the time.
  • Options
    I'll say this for Chicago. Y'all motherfuckers know how to make a goddamn meal out of a hot dog.

I'm usually a two-dog guy, but during my trip to Chicago, no second dog needed.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Hahaha.
    Start a 'Cake Thread'

I am one of those guilty of putting down Chicago deep dish pizza and saying that it cannot be called pizza.  Will take that 'Lou's is Dogshit' stance to my grave with me.  I totally get that some people love it and that this is what they think of when they think of pizza.

I don't care what people call it. All I know is that a deep dish from Lou Malnati's with the sausage patty is fucking delicious.  Can't eat it too often though....maybe every 2-3 months.  It's just too heavy...usually a Sunday night order after a very long weekend of drinking.  Sad part is that everyone only thinks of deep dish for Chicago pizza....there is so much good thin crust pizza here.  That's what I eat 95% of the time.
    Deep dish is delicious. Let's get serious.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    Hahaha.
    Start a 'Cake Thread'

Is there a way to block you?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't remember ever seeing this on a shelf in US grocery stores.

Do y'all keep it next to the all-dressed chips, Crunchie bars, Cheezies and other processed foodstuff exclusive to Canada?
    Yeah, it's possible that they are a Canada-only delicacy, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Hahaha.
    Start a 'Cake Thread'

Deep dish is a very delicious casserole.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    dankind said:
    I'll say this for Chicago. Y'all motherfuckers know how to make a goddamn meal out of a hot dog.

I'm usually a two-dog guy, but during my trip to Chicago, no second dog needed.
    I salute what Chicago did with the Hot Dog.
    Normally just a mustard guy (mayyyybe some raw onions) but the Chicago Dog works with the overstacking of an American standard.  My opinion is that the pizza doesn't hold up.

I will for sure look for a top real pizza next time I am in town.  Every city has some places that make good pizza and I am sure Chicago does too.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,250
    Had pizza three times over the long weekend.
    Lou's and Pequod's in Chicago and Sam's in Iowa City.

Fuck yeah!

Time to find that "Working out" thread...
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Posted this in the food thread: pizza I had in Brooklyn last night.  Easily one of the best pies I have ever had.  

Burnt. Poor disbursement of ingredients. That box of scrap wood looks like it might feature tastier items.

Aaaaand... it looks like you have plenty of forks underneath it to couple with your knife and go at it.

Poser.
    burnt?  you are crazy lol.
    You know you are jealous.
    Lol when something turns black, it's safe to say it's burnt!
    You can like burnt pizza, that's fine with me (although the NYPSD might attack you).

I don't mind a little char, but that's too much for me, the bitterness would only be acceptable to my pallette of the sauce is too sweet.
    I agree, it's a little much. I enjoy a touch of char as well, but those are some huge hunks of charcoal there. Also, the crust is too thick. Did they just put topping on a loaf of bread? =)

Yes.

It's tough to tell from photos sometimes, but if I was forced to choose between Scruffy's charred remnants and, say, a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli... I might choose the ravioli (even uncooked- straight from the can).

You gotta remember... Scruffy gets hammered sometimes. He'll slop back anything and think it's delicious. Maybe that's what happened here? I dunno.
    I actually rather like Chef-Boyardee ravioli. :blush: I mean, I'm not picking it over good real pasta or anything, but still, I'll get a nasty craving for that shit on occasion. I am ashamed of this.
    I love Chef-Boyardee Ravioli (well not as much now as I get older) I still get a craving for the stuff although it has changed in flavor over the years and not for the good. My question do you is how do cook it/ eat it? I eat my cold right from the can and always have. 
    Actually I do that for all Chef-Boyardee products. 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Posted this in the food thread: pizza I had in Brooklyn last night.  Easily one of the best pies I have ever had.  

Burnt. Poor disbursement of ingredients. That box of scrap wood looks like it might feature tastier items.

Aaaaand... it looks like you have plenty of forks underneath it to couple with your knife and go at it.

Poser.
    You can like burnt pizza, that's fine with me (although the NYPSD might attack you).

I don't mind a little char, but that's too much for me, the bitterness would only be acceptable to my pallette of the sauce is too sweet.
    I agree, it's a little much. I enjoy a touch of char as well, but those are some huge hunks of charcoal there. Also, the crust is too thick. Did they just put topping on a loaf of bread? =)

Yes.

It's tough to tell from photos sometimes, but if I was forced to choose between Scruffy's charred remnants and, say, a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli... I might choose the ravioli (even uncooked- straight from the can).

You gotta remember... Scruffy gets hammered sometimes. He'll slop back anything and think it's delicious. Maybe that's what happened here? I dunno.
    I actually rather like Chef-Boyardee ravioli. :blush: I mean, I'm not picking it over good real pasta or anything, but still, I'll get a nasty craving for that shit on occasion. I am ashamed of this.
    I love Chef-Boyardee Ravioli (well not as much now as I get older) I still get a craving for the stuff although it has changed in flavor over the years and not for the good. My question do you is how do cook it/ eat it? I eat my cold right from the can and always have. 

Oh my gawd.

Well... I guess if people eat baby mice, large cockroaches, or Scruffy's burnt pizza... people will eat Chef Boyardee cold from the can.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    BLACK35 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Poser.

Yes.

What

the

fuck?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    That's not even the most disgusting thing posted in this thread.

Ranch on pizza? :sick:
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Hobbes said:
    That's not even the most disgusting thing posted in this thread.

Ranch on pizza? :sick:
    There's no way that dipping the flavorless crust of a crappy pizza in ranch is as gross as the congealed fat mess that comes out of a can of chef boyardee!
    That's ridiculous.

I ridicule thee.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    I don't dip pizza in ranch (nasty!) but I have been known to dip some fried foods in it.
    Eating the Not-Chef Boyardee cold out of the can makes me think of some unfortunate homeless guy getting what he needs from food by eating it.  I picture even the guy who really needs food thinking 'this tastes pretty gross' while he powers it down.

Got supplies to make pizza with the kids this weekend.  Will try to remember to not go overboard on the cheeses again this time.  (Always do!)  Also want to remember to try with Sesame Seeds on the crust, like the pie that we saw here.

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    Did you order a side of ranch for your pizza?

I order the pizza the way I want.

Did you order the ranch?!

You're goddamn right I did!

Please the court, I suggest the jury be dismissed so that we can move to an immediate Article 39a Session. The witness has rights.
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Poser.

Yes.

Oh my gawd.

Well... I guess if people eat baby mice, large cockroaches, or Scruffy's burnt pizza... people will eat Chef Boyardee cold from the can.
    mcgruff10 said:
    BLACK35 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Poser.

Yes.

What

the

fuck?
    You guys don't know what your missing lol. Expected that reaction from most and thats usually what I get when people see me eating it that way. I have had it that way so much I can't even eat it heated now, I think that tastes nasty heated
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

Please the court, I suggest the jury be dismissed so that we can move to an immediate Article 39a Session. The witness has rights.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    BLACK35 said:
    BLACK35 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Poser.

Yes.

Oh my gawd.

mcgruff10 said:
    BLACK35 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Poser.

Yes.

What

the

fuck?
    You guys don't know what your missing lol. Expected that reaction from most and thats usually what I get when people see me eating it that way. I have had it that way so much I can't even eat it heated now, I think that tastes nasty heated

People should not see you eating it this way. It should only be eaten this way late at night while lounging on the couch in your underwater, with the only light in the room coming from the burning embers in your bong and the after-hours TV selection reflecting off your can of beer. 

The only way people should see you eating it this way is if you're caught. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    BLACK35 said:
    BLACK35 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Poser.

Yes.

Oh my gawd.

mcgruff10 said:
    BLACK35 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Poser.

Yes.

What

the

fuck?

People should not see you eating it this way. It should only be eaten this way late at night while lounging on the couch in your underwater, with the only light in the room coming from the burning embers in your bong and the after-hours TV selection reflecting off your can of beer. 

The only way people should see you eating it this way is if you're caught. 
    Lol so true. 
    I just use to take it too work and thats why people would see me chowing down on it. 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    That was my last comment on cold Chef-Boyardee products. Lets bring this back to pizza and why I follow the thread.
    I just wish I had a great pizza joint in my area where I could share a story on how great their pizza is. We have 3 pizza joints in town, but all are Franchises. I only order from one cause the other 2 are shit.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    The town I went to High School in had 1 pizza place.  One of the 'bad kids' from school got a job there and if someone was a jerk to anyone at the place, he would "rake" his lower abdominal area and sprinkle a few hairs onto their pizza prior to cooking it.  (The next time, forever, etc)
    This was a small town -- didn't want to eat pizza when this guy was working.

(Ever find a ball hair in a can of Boyardee?)
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Oy, F Me.  "Raking" brought an extra-lovely visual to that.

You'd think Los Angeles would have at least a few good and reliable go-to's for pizza delivery.  We're still searching!
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    BLACK35 said:
    That was my last comment on cold Chef-Boyardee products. Lets bring this back to pizza and why I follow the thread.
    I just wish I had a great pizza joint in my area where I could share a story on how great their pizza is. We have 3 pizza joints in town, but all are Franchises. I only order from one cause the other 2 are shit.
    I think there are some NY pizza joints that fly the pizza to you. Not sure if they go to Canada though, nor do I know the cost.
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

This is totally what I got reading that!
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

This is totally what I got reading that!
    That is where he took it from, crafty guy that he is...the last part is a quote from the movie.
  • Options
    I've never seen this film.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Poser.

Yes.

Well that's probably how I'll eat it in the event of a volcanic or nuclear winter and I don't have time for a fire as I flee from the cannibal hoards. Until then I'll put in a saucepan and heat it on the stove. :lol:;)