America's Gun Violence

Comments

• unsung said:
    It is the perfect answer, we can disarm Communists, antifa, Nazi's, gang members, illegal aliens...all with one swipe of the pen.  

What are they, 90% responsible for murders in the 1900's?
    White males. We need to disarm white males and keep them from entering our country. Extreme vetting of white males trying to enter the country and deportation of any found to have committed a crime, no matter how small nor how long they've been here. If they were born here, they're anchor babies and should be deported as well. White males, they're the problem.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    It is the perfect answer, we can disarm Communists, antifa, Nazi's, gang members, illegal aliens...all with one swipe of the pen.  

Full troll mode today.
    Is that the synonym for truth teller?
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    edited November 2017
    Real question. 

Can someone please offer a legit solution to reducing the number of gun deaths without disarming innocent citizens? 

My idea to fixing some of the problem problem would be suicide prevention as well as inner city development to reduce the amount of young people joining gangs. Some small things that might continue the declining number of gun deaths in the US. Just curious to know what other realistic solutions people have
    Post edited by riley540 on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2017
    riley540 said:
    Real question. 

Can someone please offer a legit solution to reducing the number of gun deaths without disarming innocent citizens? 

My idea to fixing some of the problem problem would be suicide prevention as well as inner city development to reduce the amount of young people joining gangs. Some small things that might continue the declining number of gun deaths in the US. Just curious to know what other realistic solutions people have
    That's impossible. There is no solution that will work that doesn't include reducing the number of guns owned by citizens. I'm not talking about "disarming" though. I'm talking about changing American culture over time so that everybody doesn't want guns and so that so many people don't revere them in such a way. America has a serious gun fetish thing going on and that has to stop. That is the key. It may never happen, but if it does, it will take generations.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    riley540 said:
    Real question. 

Don't make guns so easy to acquire that's where i would start or putting gun shop owners in jail if they fail to implement any regulations at time of purchase and def stop any gun sales on the internet or gun shows make it more difficult for anyone to just go to shows and comeout with AR15'S ....
    What do you propose that should be done  about stopping these massacres that happen every month or so ?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

riley540 said:
    Real question. 

Don't make guns so easy to acquire that's where i would start or putting gun shop owners in jail if they fail to implement any regulations at time of purchase and def stop any gun sales on the internet or gun shows make it more difficult for anyone to just go to shows and comeout with AR15'S ....
    What do you propose that should be done  about stopping these massacres that happen every month or so ?
    Mass violence is hard to stop, but just little things can help. We can use the Texas massacre as an example. The government botched and forgot to enter things into a computer. People have jobs and they need to do them better. 
    I also believe private gun sales (second hand) need to be performed at a licensed gun store to legally transfer registry at point of sale. I’m not one for filling up prisons, so I’d say people that fail to do this get a hearty fine. I’d rather have law breakers pay a bunch of money than to have us fork out millions to house them. But that’s another topic! Ha!! 

Sadly the the majority of mass killings a performed by bad people. And it’s no saying why some people are bad. Little things like being a good parent, being a good role model. Being an awesome teacher. This stuff can go a long ways and over time possibly reduce the amount of evil people in the world. Something as simple as thanking the checker at the grocery store, or helping someone carry their groceries up the apartment stairs. Stuff like that can go a long ways. 

Some people are born bad. And unfortunately would find ways to commit murder even if guns were outlawed. And the gun owners of America would not allow the seizure of their guns. I think that would be really ugly. 

I guess my best answer is we should all just be good to each other. 
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    edited November 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    riley540 said:
    Real question. 

That's impossible. There is no solution that will work that doesn't include reducing the number of guns owned by citizens. I'm not talking about "disarming" though. I'm talking about changing American culture over time so that everybody doesn't want guns and so that so many people don't revere them in such a way. America has a serious gun fetish thing going on and that has to stop. That is the key. It may never happen, but if it does, it will take generations.
    "Everyone knows someone who has been diagnosed with cancer. That's why we give a damn about solving the problem of cancer.

Virtually everyone knows someone who has died of an opioid overdose. That's why we care enough to declare it a public health crisis.

We are dangerously close to a moment in time when every one of us will know someone who has been shot in a mass shooting. And unfortunately, based on the research, that's what it's going to take for us to care. It has to become personal."
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    riley540 said:
    Real question. 

Gang members have something in common with a lot of gun owners, they get guns to protect themselves from a perceived threat.  
    riley540 said:
    Real question. 

Gang members have something in common with a lot of gun owners, they get guns to protect themselves from a perceived threat.  
    Gang members shoot each other in the streets over drugs. My aunt has a gun in her safe Incase of an intruder when she’s home alone. It’s different 
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    riley540 said:
    Real question. 

Perhaps you could ask Canada, or Australia, or England, or Japan, or Spain, or Singapore, or France, or Germany, or Switzerland, lr New Zealand, or Luxembourg, or Russia, or Israel, or Ireland, or Netherlands, or South Korea.  

Basically every other modernized country in the world.  Consult their laws, duplicate them here.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    riley540 said:
    riley540 said:
    Real question. 

Gang members shoot each other in the streets over drugs. My aunt has a gun in her safe Incase of an intruder when she’s home alone. It’s different 
    That's a very simplistic characterization of gangs that does not at all explain the situation.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    riley540 said:
    riley540 said:
    Real question. 

That's a very simplistic characterization of gangs that does not at all explain the situation.
    Enlighten me on gangs
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Full troll mode today.
    Is that the synonym for truth teller?

let's break this down:
    you want to disarm all democrats

in doing so, as an avid political poster here, you know as well as anyone that:

a) a disproportionate amount of black people in america vote democrat
    b) a disproportionate amount of black people make up those incarcerated

your solution is a thinly veiled way to disarm all black people, because in your eyes, they are the problem. 

tell me i'm wrong. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    You are wrong.  I suggested disarming all leftists.  That would include the Communists like antifa, all of the Nazis, all illegal aliens, and most of the gang members.

Communism and Nazism were responsible for most of the government caused deaths in the 1900's and gang members are likely the cause of most of the murders now.  
    Nearly everyone here has expressed that they desired a reduction of firearms, I say lead by example.  Have your lefty friends all turn in their guns, don't wait for government to tell you to.  Step up.

Or was that not what you wanted?

CM189191 said:
    riley540 said:
    Real question. 

Perhaps you could ask Canada, or Australia, or England, or Japan, or Spain, or Singapore, or France, or Germany, or Switzerland, lr New Zealand, or Luxembourg, or Russia, or Israel, or Ireland, or Netherlands, or South Korea.  

Basically every other modernized country in the world.  Consult their laws, duplicate them here.
    We already had that forced on us, that's why we are no longer part of England.
    unsung said:
    You are wrong.  I suggested disarming all leftists.  That would include the Communists like antifa, all of the Nazis, all illegal aliens, and most of the gang members.

Communism and Nazism were responsible for most of the government caused deaths in the 1900's and gang members are likely the cause of most of the murders now.  
    Nearly everyone here has expressed that they desired a reduction of firearms, I say lead by example.  Have your lefty friends all turn in their guns, don't wait for government to tell you to.  Step up.

i don't know anyone who owns a semi-automatic gun. all i know of is people with hunting rifles. which i have zero problem with. 

nazis are not leftists. everyone knows this. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

unsung said:
    CM189191 said:
    riley540 said:
    Real question. 

We already had that forced on us, that's why we are no longer part of England.
    and why you are the shit soup you are in right now. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

unsung said:

why do you insist on disarming only one group? why not, as halifax suggested, disarm all white men? they are the perps of most/all the mass shootings, right?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

unsung said:

i don't know anyone who owns a semi-automatic gun. all i know of is people with hunting rifles. which i have zero problem with. 

Hunting rifles are semi - automatic. 

You bull the trigger and one bullet comes out. Non-semi auto guns have been banned since the 80s. 
    hunting rifles, AKs, hand guns, ARs, they are all semi-automatic 
  • unsung said:

why do you insist on disarming only one group? why not, as halifax suggested, disarm all white men? they are the perps of most/all the mass shootings, right?
    Because he fears elimination of the white race yet I have yet to hear what he’s doing about it to stave it off.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    unsung said:

Definitely need to disarm the white Christian males
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    just read this:  https://www.yahoo.com/gma/texas-shooting-suspects-phone-too-encrypted-access-now-181005096--abc-news-topstories.html

Texas shooting suspect escaped from mental health hospital in 2012, attempted 'to carry out death threats': Police report

Texas church shooting suspect and Air Force veteran Devin Kelley escaped from a New Mexico mental health hospital in 2012, according to an El Paso Police Department report, which also said he "was attempting to carry out death threats" that he "had made on his military chain of command."

A witness said Kelley "suffered from mental disorders and had plans to run from Peak Behavioral Health Services ... and take a bus out of state,” according to the report.

The report said Kelley had previously been caught sneaking firearms onto Hollaman Air Force Base where he served in New Mexico. The report also noted that Kelley was facing military criminal charges.

Kelley was located and did not resist or make any comments about harming himself or other officers, the report said, adding that he was released to Sunland Park police officers.

The Air Force official confirmed the details in the police report, including that Kelley was a danger to himself and others, faced military criminal charges, had been sneaking firearms onto Holloman Air Force Base and had made threats toward his chain of command. The official also confirmed the description from the person at the facility that Kelley "suffered from mental disorders."

Peak Behavioral Health said in a statement today, "We are deeply committed to providing the best patient care. We never discuss whether someone was or was not a patient at our hospital, and we never discuss any information about our patients. Preserving the confidentiality of this information is not only a matter of policy, it is federal and state law."

The facility added, "Our hearts go out to the victims of this horrible act and their families and friends, and like everyone else in Texas, we are doing everything we can to help the community in recovering and healing from this tragedy."

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    unsung said:

Give it your best shot.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Give it your best shot.
    It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for. 
  • unsung said:
    unsung said:

Give it your best shot.
    “From your cold dead fingers?” Okay Chuck.

Brilliantati©
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    riley540 said:
    unsung said:

You bull the trigger and one bullet comes out. Non-semi auto guns have been banned since the 80s. 
    What hunting rifles are you referring to? It's been a while, but I don't remember any hunting rifle being semi auto. Yes, Handguns, Aks, ARs are all semi auto.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    tbergs said:
    riley540 said:
    unsung said:

What hunting rifles are you referring to? It's been a while, but I don't remember any hunting rifle being semi auto. Yes, Handguns, Aks, ARs are all semi auto.
    My shotguns are semi-automatic.  I personally don't use a semi-automatic rifle when hunting but I know people that do.  In fact many people use the m-1 garand (which I own and is semi-automatic) as a deer rifle.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Ahhh, now it's all making more sense. I'm surprised I didn't clue in earlier. 

The claims of a certain poster here earlier today are just part of a string of alt right talking points made up of fabricated stories. When the purported antifa civil war didn't happen on Saturday the way they all said it would, they had to turn their minds to some other conspiracy. Making up details about the Texas shooter fit the bill. Right on cue!

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/nov/06/yournewswirecom/fake-news-no-proof-antifa-communism-compelled-texa/

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.