2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    mrk2 said:
    Kusy said:
    And one more thing about Ams and PinkPop: Foos are doing in 2018 Rock Am Ring/Rock in Park and a solo show in Hamburg. So it's possible for 3 dates in Netherlands: solo shows/ festival. 

Germany is much larger than the Netherlands.
    yeah,,but netherlands gets more shows than germany
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • KusyKusy Posts: 345
    edited November 2017
    btw. Guys, after the annoucement will you go: logistics > booking > tickets > planning or dancing > crying > singing > tickets> cheering? 
    Post edited by Kusy on
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • btw guys..i was thinking how last 7-8 years tours going worldwide
    the way i see it..
    europe gets.,mixing of arenas-stadium-festivals
    SA gets stadium or festivals..(2011-2015 stadiums + 1 festival) and (2013-2018 festival +1 stadium)
    NA like a leg of stadium-festivals-ballparks and leg of arenas
    only wonder is australia,cos they play like every 5-6 years so u cant tell how they do the tour there.(but seems sa style will work..festivals or stadiums)
    in other words,the arenas only tours is long gone..the band is HUGE world wide..arenas cant fit the million of fans this band has and want to see them live...and thats the reasons,only continent gets arenas show in the fall-winter is usa.
    cos cant play in europe -sa-australia in stadiums in fall or winter..the weather will be not good
    Actually in Australia and SA they can play during our winter with it being a different hemisphere.
    Kusy said:
    btw. Guys, after the annoucement will you go: logistics > booking > tickets > planning or dancing > crying > singing > tickets> cheering? 
    after annopuncement first thing is this

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    btw guys..i was thinking how last 7-8 years tours going worldwide
    the way i see it..
    europe gets.,mixing of arenas-stadium-festivals
    SA gets stadium or festivals..(2011-2015 stadiums + 1 festival) and (2013-2018 festival +1 stadium)
    NA like a leg of stadium-festivals-ballparks and leg of arenas
    only wonder is australia,cos they play like every 5-6 years so u cant tell how they do the tour there.(but seems sa style will work..festivals or stadiums)
    in other words,the arenas only tours is long gone..the band is HUGE world wide..arenas cant fit the million of fans this band has and want to see them live...and thats the reasons,only continent gets arenas show in the fall-winter is usa.
    cos cant play in europe -sa-australia in stadiums in fall or winter..the weather will be not good
    Actually in Australia and SA they can play during our winter with it being a different hemisphere.
    it doesnt matter what weather we have..it has to do what weather they have in tour area,and the venues they choose
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    eddiec said:
    So piecing the bits together, it looks something like this:??

Amsterdam x 2, PinkPop, Berlin. Italy x 3, Krakow, Werchter, Cruilla, Nos Alive.
    I would add a couple of shows in UK and maybe Prague?
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    One of my best friends just moved to Scottsdale. Sure would be awesome to get a show in AZ to kill 2 birds with one stone :). What's the likelihood? 
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    really doubt Leeds will get a show again. Think we got leeds in 2014, as it was sufficiently  far away from the Milton Keynes show which was too close to London to justify the 02 as well. 

Not too unlike 2012 when London was overlooked due to the Isle of wight festival show, which meant Manchester was used as it was outside the exclusive distance from the festival.

They are long overdue a return to the 02 arena and that was planned on the tour that never happened. Leeds would be amazing again but i just think its unlikely all considered as the 02 has a larger capacity as well as being in the capital

• pdalowsky said:
    Not too unlike 2012 when London was overlooked due to the Isle of wight festival show, which meant Manchester was used as it was outside the exclusive distance from the festival.

They are long overdue a return to the 02 arena and that was planned on the tour that never happened. Leeds would be amazing again but i just think its unlikely all considered as the 02 has a larger capacity as well as being in the capital

I think in 2012 it was due to the Olympics. Leeds is a great arena but has a limited capacity compared to places like the MEN and O2. A couple of nights at the O2 would make me very happy :) 
    pdalowsky said:

I think in 2012 it was due to the Olympics. Leeds is a great arena but has a limited capacity compared to places like the MEN and O2. A couple of nights at the O2 would make me very happy :) 
    me too, pretty sure Isle of Wight had the 200 mile radius thing going on, which placed Manchester in the perfect location. 

The olympics were in August and the tour was in June?
  • Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    edited November 2017
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:

me too, pretty sure Isle of Wight had the 200 mile radius thing going on, which placed Manchester in the perfect location. 

I'm sure I remember someone on here posted the O2 was booked up for storage and/or rehearsals that kind of thing. I'm going from memory here though. 
    Post edited by Digital Twilight on
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    I need it so bad.
    Nature drunk and High
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    does pj only tour euro during the world cup? 
    that was fun in '14 watching the games after the shows and just the overall buzz, but i guess this year the games will be played before/during the shows.  
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    I'd love to see Pearl Jam return to Moline. That was such a special night.
  • PJNB said:
    I just read a couple of days ago that Eddie passed on doing Otherside and Fatal for this show due to needing more prep time. He ended up playing them in Worcester which Brian Farias was at. Glad you guys had an amazing show and also glad to get the leftovers in Worcester.
    FATAL
    OTHERSIDE
    IN MY TREE
    HITCHIKER
    BREATH
    .those was the songs was crossed...can u fuckin imagine those songs added at this setlist too??

ENCORE 2

1. Crown Of Thorns
    2. Sonic Reducer
    3. Alive
    4. Baba O'Riley
    5. Yellow Ledbetter

this is the best show this band ever played

In my top 3! Needed In My Tree & Breath, then maybe #1
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,925
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:

Would love two nights at the O2, please make it happen!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    tino_11 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:

Hoping for that too since Ireland is ruled out or 2 back to back shows somewhere.
    Kearnsy
  • jnikojniko Posts: 292
    Pearl Jam is headlining in Rio.

i can’t find the content in the email, but it shows up in the thumbnail?

tino_11 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:

I would if i could LOL

seriously im sure we'll be happy here. Would love Leeds too, but i just dont see that happening
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Sarava said:
    Agreed but frankly any of the smaller US cities with arenas would make for a fantastic spot. Greenville was a beautiful place to see the band. A return to Grand Rapids in 2018 hopefully. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited November 2017
    100 Pacer said:
    Sarava said:
    Agreed but frankly any of the smaller US cities with arenas would make for a fantastic spot. Greenville was a beautiful place to see the band. A return to Grand Rapids in 2018 hopefully. 
    Love the smaller markets!  We were at all 3 of those.
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    100 Pacer said:
    Sarava said:
    Amen to GR - go on!!!!!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    I think the US will be driven by a festival. That has been the formula the last few times around.
    They get big dollars to play festivals. What festivals are in the fall?
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    edited November 2017
    my2hands said:
    PJNB said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I need some canadian or us dates soon!!!  
    Yes we do. I get it, Europe is due. But I've yet to witness "Release" and I need another shot at it ASAP.
    Fenway 2018 guaranteed to be played...
    Guaranteed?

I have zero interest in ballpark shows at this point so hopefully I have a proper arena show or two that we can make... definitely not going back to Fenway for a concert
    Same here regarding the interest level. if they played Fenway I would go as I only live a few minutes away, but I would much prefer a Garden show. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
    edited November 2017
    Get_Right said:
    I think the US will be driven by a festival. That has been the formula the last few times around.
    ACL
    VooDoo
    Life is Beautiful
    Riot Fest (please don't)

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Get_Right said:
    ACL, Ohana, Meadows, Riotfest, Voodoo.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    edited November 2017
    There you go.  One of those will get PJ if in fact they are playing North American dates in the fall.
    But of course that is just masturbatory speculation. :)

Post edited by Get_Right on
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    They just played ACL in 2014.  Too soon?
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    An April surprise was mentioned...dare I say Coachella?
    vedpunk said:
    They just played ACL in 2014.  Too soon?
    Seems like these festivals get the same 90's/00's headliner every 3-4 years.
    Full band at Ohana would be cool.