Pearl Jam-fan Danny Masterson accused of serial rape

A monthslong investigation into multiple allegations of rape against actor Danny Masterson has inexplicably stalled, despite the Los Angeles County district attorney having compelling evidence in the case, multiple sources told HuffPost. Four women have accused Masterson of raping them in the early 2000s.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/danny-masterson-rape-accusations_us_59fa8410e4b01b474048242a?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Why does it matter that he's a Pearl Jam fan? There are likely countless Pearl Jam fans who do bad things every single day.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited November 2017
    JimmyV said:
    Why does it matter that he's a Pearl Jam fan? There are likely countless Pearl Jam fans who do bad things every single day.
    He's a well known and outspoken fan. Why not mention it on the Pearl Jam forums. Where people might know him as a well known and outspoken fan.

Don't see a reason not to mention it (?)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    JimmyV said:
    Agreed. It reminds me of headlines like: "teacher arrested for hurricane sandy insurance fraud".  What does being a teacher ha e to do with the charge?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    JimmyV said:
    He's a well known and outspoken fan. Why not mention it on the Pearl Jam forums. Where people might know him as a well known and outspoken fan.

I guess. It just seems weird to me. I'm not saying you shouldn't have mentioned it. There are more and more of these allegations surfacing in the wake of Weinstein and they are all newsworthy. I just don't think these particular allegations are more newsworthy because he's a fan. But, maybe I'm wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    and a he's a Pearl Jam fan that believes in scientology. :giggle:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2017
    JimmyV said:

I don't care if it's mentioned or not, but just FWIW, I've never once heard that he's a Pearl Jam fan. I was, however, aware that he's a freaking Scientologist. I am always disappointed when I find that out about someone, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJ_Soul said:
    JimmyV said:

I don't care if it's mentioned or not, but just FWIW, I've never once heard that he's a Pearl Jam fan. I was, however, aware that he's a freaking Scientologist. I am always disappointed when I find that out about someone, lol.
    My wife and I just finished watching the series The Handmaid's Tale, it was fantastic. We were both disappointed to find out after that the lead actress, Elisabeth Moss, is a Scientologist. Especially given the subject matter of the show.

If I started not watching, viewing or listening to art because I found I disagreed with the creator or they had done something terrible....there wouldn't be much left to enjoy.
  • Fuck him if he's guilty. I hope his prison cell is small and dark and be never gets to hear another note of pearl jam again.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • PJ_Soul said:
    JimmyV said:

Hehe. I remembering reading on here like 10 years ago about Masterson owning all the 2000 tour bootlegs. That stuck with me.

(I also remember reading that Kevin Spacey in some interview had said he loved Pearl Jams' Benaroya Hall)

• PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Bet they both liked the Nirvana song Rape Me too.  Since they are celebrities they get away with this stuff. Ridiculous.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PP193448 said:
    Bet they both liked the Nirvana song Rape Me too.  Since they are celebrities they get away with this stuff. Ridiculous.
    Well neither of them seem to be getting away with it anymore. ;) So that's something.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Did anyone said that all Pearl Jam fans are saints? PJ fans are probably “in general” great people but there are always some bad apples...
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    this is like saying "beatles fan accused of shooting john lennon".

lennon was shot. that it was a beatles fan makes no difference.

or "jody foster fan shoots the president". makes no difference.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

"beatles fan tries to start race war by killing sharon tate amongst others."
    mcgruff10 said:

good one! that one kind of nails the point :)
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

mcgruff10 said:

I could do this all day! lol
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited November 2017

Why are you reading more into it than needed? Don't really see this argument of yours?

This is the Pearl Jam board. Masterson is a known celebrity fan of the band. 

If you were on the "Jodie Foster official message board". Yeah why not mention that in the thread title?

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You're derailing the thread with this obvious off topic/meta discussion.

comment instead on how the Scientology-church can be able to influence an investigation in your beautiful country. 
  • Nicole Kidman was right.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Fuck scientology and scientologists
    my2hands said:
    Correct. My wife and I are hooked on the Leah remani show...Scientology is one weird ass cult. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    my2hands said:
    Discovered last night that Beck (the singer) is a lifelong Scientologist
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    2 OT Levels and a microphone
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    my2hands said:
    Discovered last night that Beck (the singer) is a lifelong Scientologist
    No wonder his new album is shitty dance music.  Needs the money to brainwash people.
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

comment instead on how the Scientology-church can be able to influence an investigation in your beautiful country. 
    scientology has a ton of money. in this country money can buy justice, meaning if you have enough of it, you can walk away from horrific crimes.

happy?

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

so the scientology part has greater relevance in this doesnt it? as opposed to what band he likes?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Not fucking Hyde, too??!!  God damn it, Hollywood, get your fucking shit together.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Not fucking Hyde, too??!!  God damn it, Hollywood, get your fucking shit together.
    Maybe he can claim that playing a stoned sex crazed seventies personality warped his sense of reality...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • this is like saying "beatles fan accused of shooting john lennon".

The Foster one would be pretty relevant since the only purpose of the shooting was to impress her.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg