Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831

I don't get how any of you fuckers can afford to follow this band for 6 shows+. I could barely afford 1 three years ago. LOL
    to follow for 3 weeks tour the band  in different countries ,travel,hotel,food,drinks,concert tickets and all ,for me means for 6-8 months i dont go out of the house even for a coffee..or a meal out...means work home,home work..there is no other way and i leave dept to my cc that needs another 6 month saving after tour..
    all are choices in life
    well hey, if it gets Ed to sing to you, I suppose it's worth the effort! 
    that was an extra..is the feeling man..when u are in the venue..lights go down,,into music,band walks on stage,,crowd screaming..the smell of happiness dude..thats what is all about..u feel free that momnent
    I know. I've been incredibly emotional every time I've seen them. But, I can't sacrifice my daily life for half or most of the year to see them. I'd go batty. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

I don't get how any of you fuckers can afford to follow this band for 6 shows+. I could barely afford 1 three years ago. LOL
    to follow for 3 weeks tour the band  in different countries ,travel,hotel,food,drinks,concert tickets and all ,for me means for 6-8 months i dont go out of the house even for a coffee..or a meal out...means work home,home work..there is no other way and i leave dept to my cc that needs another 6 month saving after tour..
    all are choices in life
    that was an extra..is the feeling man..when u are in the venue..lights go down,,into music,band walks on stage,,crowd screaming..the smell of happiness dude..thats what is all about..u feel free that momnent
    I know. I've been incredibly emotional every time I've seen them. But, I can't sacrifice my daily life for half or most of the year to see them. I'd go batty. 
    i hear ya..is good when u have a choice what to do and how u live yopur life,all is good
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Yeah, I did 10 shows on the Binaural tour (from Ohio all the way back up to Mansfield).  But that was before kids and marriage.  And things didn't seem as expensive, haha.  Now, I'd be spending almost a grand on tickets alone.  

I'd be more than happy with 2 Fenway shows (or really, 2 shows anywhere in the Northeast).  Flying out to a new place for a show is great, but adding in flights and hotels (and scheduling time away while the kids are back in school) is difficult.  
    when schools starts in usa?
    It depends. Generally early September but in some places it's by mid-August. 

Sooooo, how does that effect things??
    Rumours are for September shows (at least that is what they are aiming for). If they are sticking to the weekend theme as they did in the past 3 ballpark shows then they either have to do a late August 30th - September 2nd set or they would have to do the September 22nd weekend. 
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,915
    Yeah, I did 10 shows on the Binaural tour (from Ohio all the way back up to Mansfield).  But that was before kids and marriage.  And things didn't seem as expensive, haha.  Now, I'd be spending almost a grand on tickets alone.  

I'd be more than happy with 2 Fenway shows (or really, 2 shows anywhere in the Northeast).  Flying out to a new place for a show is great, but adding in flights and hotels (and scheduling time away while the kids are back in school) is difficult.  
    when schools starts in usa?
    Mine start after Labor Day.......so, typically 1st week of September
  • Options

all are choices in life
    i hear ya..is good when u have a choice what to do and how u live yopur life,all is good
    I feel very fortunate to have seen them 5 times, and ed solo once. getting nearly all of Ten and Vs in 93. Then Arc in 2003. Then hometown shows in 2005 and 2011. Then Release and Footsteps and Imagine in 2014. And Ed solo. Jesus, Ed solo. that was incredible. 

I can't imagine having seen them/him as many times as many people here have. good on ya. I should have traveled more to see them pre-family. if they play Minnesota or Wisconsin, I'll probably go. If not, I shall wait till the next Canadian tour if there ever is one and live vicariously through all of you and the setlist threads until then. it's funny how I even get excited for tour time even when I'm not attending any shows. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJNB said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I need some canadian or us dates soon!!!  
    Yes we do. I get it, Europe is due. But I've yet to witness "Release" and I need another shot at it ASAP.
    Fenway 2018 guaranteed to be played...
    Guaranteed?

I have zero interest in ballpark shows at this point so hopefully I have a proper arena show or two that we can make... definitely not going back to Fenway for a concert
  • Options
    nycrats said:
    i would take less shows across the board - i know they dont tour a lot as it is- but even if it was less than the last few years if that means they are able to keep their output the same.  

every year i get older life gets harder, these guys are in their 50s giving us 3 hours of QUALITY and ENERGY, some times on back to back nights!- what we are used to is unsustainable. i mean if anyone can do it they can.  but we really have been spoiled. 

20-30 three hours concerts a year is unsustainable??? There are guys their age on the road 250 nights a year... or working 5 days a week their entire life well into their elder years

Can we please stop with the Rock stars have it hard stuff? They don't even tune their own instruments for God's sake lol

These guys have it on easy street
  • Options
    edited November 2017

all are choices in life
    I feel very fortunate to have seen them 5 times, and ed solo once. getting nearly all of Ten and Vs in 93. Then Arc in 2003. Then hometown shows in 2005 and 2011. Then Release and Footsteps and Imagine in 2014. And Ed solo. Jesus, Ed solo. that was incredible. 

I can't imagine having seen them/him as many times as many people here have. good on ya. I should have traveled more to see them pre-family. if they play Minnesota or Wisconsin, I'll probably go. If not, I shall wait till the next Canadian tour if there ever is one and live vicariously through all of you and the setlist threads until then. it's funny how I even get excited for tour time even when I'm not attending any shows. 
    man,this isnt about who has it longer or pretier..
    there is no device measure love...one show..100 shows,zero shows,..somone who loves the band,is the same no matter 
    i think has to do with complitly how u can make your self happy
    everyone tries the best for them self..so traveling to see the band is a way for give pleasure to myself..and ill tell u something might sounds weird to u.
    the whole waiting and preparing the travel to see the band,,all the talks,the chats,the messages..hotel searching,hook up and share rooms,,trains,buses,book same flies,organize the parties,follow the excitement of people.help and search for tickets,meet new people ,see old friends,make new ones,try to add a show,,the moment i use my passport at the airport,the first meeting at the city i start the tour,the whole SETLIST and OPENER before the show..is so fuckin good buddy like the 3 hours of the show..!!its the same good as the show!!
    and one of my favorite moments,,is the after show party-meeting..or the travel the next day,.,when u talk to aloty of people about how was last night show for them,..
    this talk is my thing..those happy faces and talks about moments of the show is THE moment of the tour..those happy faces man..when they give u their review and try to explain their feelings..its unique to see people on their best and how they open up when they are happy
    and for me is another blow mind expeience cos i have to talk in english and try to understand and translate all in greek in my mind..
    i love that shit
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    my2hands coming out with the hot take lol. I completely agree with the ballpark sentiment and the above comments. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    nycrats said:
    i would take less shows across the board - i know they dont tour a lot as it is- but even if it was less than the last few years if that means they are able to keep their output the same.  

every year i get older life gets harder, these guys are in their 50s giving us 3 hours of QUALITY and ENERGY, some times on back to back nights!- what we are used to is unsustainable. i mean if anyone can do it they can.  but we really have been spoiled. 

20-30 three hours concerts a year is unsustainable??? There are guys their age on the road 250 nights a year... or working 5 days a week their entire life well into their elder years

Can we please stop with the Rock stars have it hard stuff? They don't even tune their own instruments for God's sake lol

travelling for your job is not easy. it doesn't matter if you are on a plane or in a van. it's hard on your body and mind. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Get_Right said:
    Please include Austin City Limits October 2018. It just feels right :)
    last time was 2009 they played there?
    man ,that was a good one
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    nycrats said:

travelling for your job is not easy. it doesn't matter if you are on a plane or in a van. it's hard on your body and mind. 
    Taking your family on a European vacation, staying in 5 star hotels and using private flights, while you play a handful of concerts doesn't seem that tough. Call me crazy brother

Outside of lottery winner I can't think of an easier career. Good for then, I'm not knocking it, I love these guys, but people saying it's a hard life and job is just silly to me
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    nycrats said:

its not easy at all
    where do u work?
    is your work need to be 2 moths per year traveling?away for family,travel,fly,change hotels every 2 days,packing ,unmpackin all the time?
    3 hours show?
    band goes to the venue the day before,they go 5-6 hours before show,,
    they practice,they gove interviews,meet tons of people,need to talk with so many people,and epsecially this band arent iron maiden that leave the venue 1 min after last song..
    how many hours per day they spent to write new music?or get together a riff..or lyrics?
    plus,,is not a quarantee job.,.today u are in a band,tomorrow u are not..
    and how many they succed to their music carreer and become huge names?not as many as they try to be..
    its not a 3 hours job..x 30 shows per year..
    they need alot of time just to make a setlist..especially eddie spent alot of time in that
    do u think they dont email eachother and with the managment all day all year?..thye dont talk to other musician about work?
    their solo projects?
    noone was born a rock star..they sweat their asses to become who they are..is not a three hours job..

• Options
    nycrats said:

now u said quality.and was thinking the quality-quantity thing.i kinda make up my mind what will do..ill put it this way..i can do a part of the tour..ant take off work  all days of tour 
    if i start from the beggining ..ill do 10 shows tops
    if i start from one country have in mind..ill do 6..tops.
    u know what..i know its "important to have alot of show and more shows in your back..but ill do the 6 ones..plan 
    cos is the same  reason i pick in 2016 to do florida shows..than northeast like philly or ny shows..
    i want to see pj  in other new places,,like jacksonville they played first time(and how turn that for me right?most epic moment in my pj shows ever.) or see them in places they been alot of years ago,,like miami they played 2016 after 22 years!!
    we getting older..and we need to get the best of life..and those guys give us the best on scene..and i love the feeling u get this best or some rare fuckin place,or venue,or town

This is exactly why I did the Florida shows too!  Different venue!  Also the reason I decided not to do Wrigley again and see Fenway instead.  I was their the first time and would rather see it somewhere else.

If they do Fenway again I will most likely bow out.

Looking for other interesting North America places.  The band still has one more album show to do, right?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    nycrats said:

now u said quality.and was thinking the quality-quantity thing.i kinda make up my mind what will do..ill put it this way..i can do a part of the tour..ant take off work  all days of tour 
    if i start from the beggining ..ill do 10 shows tops
    if i start from one country have in mind..ill do 6..tops.
    u know what..i know its "important to have alot of show and more shows in your back..but ill do the 6 ones..plan 
    cos is the same  reason i pick in 2016 to do florida shows..than northeast like philly or ny shows..
    i want to see pj  in other new places,,like jacksonville they played first time(and how turn that for me right?most epic moment in my pj shows ever.) or see them in places they been alot of years ago,,like miami they played 2016 after 22 years!!
    we getting older..and we need to get the best of life..and those guys give us the best on scene..and i love the feeling u get this best or some rare fuckin place,or venue,or town

This is exactly why I did the Florida shows too!  Different venue!  Also the reason I decided not to do Wrigley again and see Fenway instead.  I was their the first time and would rather see it somewhere else.

If they do Fenway again I will most likely bow out.

Looking for other interesting North America places.  The band still has one more album show to do, right?
    i couldnt afford fenway thats why i diod wrigley again
    flights to boston from greece was 1000 dollas,but to chicago was 550$ and i had a house for free ,from a friend,i paid 1 day hotel only
    but in boston i had to stay in hotel all days,thats why i pick wrigley again..
    if money wasnt the issue,ill pick fenway than wrigley.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    nycrats said:

Taking your family on a European vacation, staying in 5 star hotels and using private flights, while you play a handful of concerts doesn't seem that tough. Call me crazy brother

Outside of lottery winner I can't think of an easier career. Good for then, I'm not knocking it, I love these guys, but people saying it's a hard life and job is just silly to me
    their job is most likely pretty easy when not touring. but touring would SUCK. I would never do it. it's not sitting by the pool for 5 days in the south of france. when they have tour stops every two days, man, fly in (sometimes 12 hour flights), get settled, try to eat, be forced to socialize with locals and crew even if you aren't in the mood, soundcheck, try to eat again, play 3 hour show, then try to sleep (nearly impossible, which is why many musicians turn to drugs), then fly out the next day to do it all over again. sometimes they have an extra day to walk around a city they don't know, being harassed by people they don't know. even respectful people who just say hello when walking by.....imagine doing that 1000 times per day. as someone who hides in the next aisle at the grocery store if I see someone I'd rather not have an uncomfortable conversation with,  it sounds exhausting to me. 

yeah, no thanks. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    U2 announced
  • Options
    keithlaw1974keithlaw1974 Blacko, UK Posts: 137
    Any UK dates must include Leeds....they loved Leeds in 2014, Ed kept saying what an amazing venue it was and they played longest ever European show there....just saying' likely to be London and Leeds but no Manchester..
    London, England 06-25-2010, Belfast, Northern Ireland 06-23-2010, Berlin, Germany 07-04-2012, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012, Seattle, WA 12-06-2013, Amsterdam, Holland 06-16-2014, Berlin, Germany 06-26-2014, Leeds, UK 07-08-2014, Milton Keynes, UK 07-11-2014, New York MSG 1 & 2
    Eddie Vedder Solo - London, England 07-30-1012
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 825
    Ed just likes the fact that the Who released a live album from Leeds.  Pay no mind.
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 350
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, Ed is as nuts about The Who, as we are about PJ ;)
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Get_Right said:
    Please include Austin City Limits October 2018. It just feels right :)
    last time was 2009 they played there?
    man ,that was a good one
    2009 and 2014
    It is time again.  I can see it happening.
  • Options
    Any UK dates must include Leeds....they loved Leeds in 2014, Ed kept saying what an amazing venue it was and they played longest ever European show there....just saying' likely to be London and Leeds but no Manchester..
    if has to do with how awesome is the venue,pj must play only to taormina,verona and wuhlheide and every greek anceent theather

• Options
    keithlaw1974keithlaw1974 Blacko, UK Posts: 137
    London, England 06-25-2010, Belfast, Northern Ireland 06-23-2010, Berlin, Germany 07-04-2012, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012, Seattle, WA 12-06-2013, Amsterdam, Holland 06-16-2014, Berlin, Germany 06-26-2014, Leeds, UK 07-08-2014, Milton Keynes, UK 07-11-2014, New York MSG 1 & 2
    Eddie Vedder Solo - London, England 07-30-1012
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 825
    edited November 2017
    Please no ACL in 2018.  Austin deserves its own Pearl Jam show.  It's only been since 1995!  They could easily sell out two consecutive nights at Austin360 Ampitheater and we know the band loves Austin.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    vedpunk said:
    Please no ACL in 2018.  Austin deserves its own Pearl Jam show.  It's only been since 1995!  They could easily sell out two consecutive nights at Austin360 Ampitheater and we know the band loves Austin.
    ACL 2018 and two nights at Stubbs or some other intimate venue 10c only. A guy can dream.
  • Options
    I have to say Dimitris’ enthusiasm makes me happy.

If PJ plays a non festival show in Italy I might have to make the trip next year with my friends. Looking forward to seeing what gets announced. 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,693
    Kearn5y said:
    Texico said:

i guess they will return to Austria for the Nova Rock Festival from 14th to 16th June 2018. 
    nop

My guess is they will play at least 2 festivals for sure... that'll be Pinkpop on June 15 (and 1 or 2 shows in Amsterdam in the week before that) and Rock Werchter (which takes place July 5 till July 8).

only 2?i wish..
    Will broaden it out Ireland including Northern Ireland????
    No response to this one. Is that a positive?????????
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Texico said:

i guess they will return to Austria for the Nova Rock Festival from 14th to 16th June 2018. 
    nop

My guess is they will play at least 2 festivals for sure... that'll be Pinkpop on June 15 (and 1 or 2 shows in Amsterdam in the week before that) and Rock Werchter (which takes place July 5 till July 8).

only 2?i wish..
    if u are irish,u need a passport for tour 2018
  • Options
    Hoping for London and Copenhagen show and I will definitely overdraft myself to go to the US for 1 show :D 

• Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,693
    Kearn5y said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Texico said:

nop

only 2?i wish..
    if u are irish,u need a passport for tour 2018
    Bummer. Have a passport. Was planning on doing 1 euro/uk show along with ireland (if it was included). May do 2 now. Thanks anyway
    Kearnsy