Options

DNC Philadelphia 2016

1161718192022»

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629

overall i enjoyed the dnc convention this year. i was a little concerned about a few things though. most notably the jingoism and the threats of military force. some of those USA chants were done at times that were mildly disturbing.

It didn't really bother me, but I'm center left to start. Politically, I thought it was brilliant for Obama, in particular, to bust out a speech that Reagan could have given. You take out a handful of paragraphs, and it was "Morning in America, Redux".
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,156
    mrussel1 said:

overall i enjoyed the dnc convention this year. i was a little concerned about a few things though. most notably the jingoism and the threats of military force. some of those USA chants were done at times that were mildly disturbing.

It didn't really bother me, but I'm center left to start. Politically, I thought it was brilliant for Obama, in particular, to bust out a speech that Reagan could have given. You take out a handful of paragraphs, and it was "Morning in America, Redux".
    it was very eloquent. to be honest i wasn't sure what he was going to say about clinton. i liked the line where he said "carry her the way you carried me. because that is what this moment demands." quite the contrast from rudy nosferatu and scott baio, lol.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    brianlux said:
    Brian -???
    PHILADELPHIA — Bernie Sanders’ forces are claiming victory after pressuring the Democratic National Convention Rules Committee to change the rules regarding superdelegates. Superdelegates are the party honchos and elected officials who automatically get a vote on the Democratic presidential nominee. Because of Hillary Clinton’s long connections, she was able to get a running start toward the nomination because she early on nailed down most of the superdelegates and helped her mount an early lead over Sanders. On Saturday, after a lengthy debate during the Democratic Party’s rules committee — as Occupy protesters marched outside — the Sanders and Clinton delegates agreed to create a “unity” commission. The commission will be charged with developing rules that would reduce the number of superdelegates by two-thirds. It will also give Sanders, Clinton and the Democratic National Committee each the responsibility of picking members for the commission. “This is a tremendous victory for Senator Sanders’ fight to democratize the Democratic Party and reform the Democratic nominating process,” Jeff Weaver, Sanders’ campaign manager, said in a statement. “We were pleased to work with the Clinton campaign to enact this historic commission.” Sanders and his team argued that the superdelegates should be bound by popular votes. The Sanders camp contended throughout the primary season that superdelgates are an example of the “rigged” system, even though Sanders was not a member of the Democratic Party until he launched his presidential campaign. Addressing this sore point with Sanders followers is an attempt by the Clinton forces to smooth over and repair and unify the Democratic family in advance of the kickoff opening of the convention on Monday, where Sanders is scheduled to give a keynote address. Sanders’ furor at the Democratic Party was not only for the superdelegate issue but over the allegations throughout the primary season that the party and its chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., were not neutral. Hacked Democratic National Committee emails – showing staffers plotting against Sanders – sparked a controversy that may spill over to the opening session on Monday.
    Thank you, Free. Not sure why I couldn't view it. Bernie supporters need to get over it. Why, if he had just brought in a few ship loads more money, sold his soul to a few major corporations, and wasn't so afraid to CHEAT he could have won. And hey, ship sails are rigged so what the hell is wrong with rigging an election? What a bunch of losers!
    Does it now seem like every Bernie-Bro charge against the DNC and Hilliary that was dubbed a "conspiracy"  or being a "sore loser" now seems to be true? Hilliary and the DNC didnt rig the primary!

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774

I had tried to search out any other evidence of internal corruption that would show that the DNC was rigging the system to throw the primary to Hillary, but I could not find any in party affairs or among the staff. I had gone department by department, investigating individual conduct for evidence of skewed decisions, and I was happy to see that I had found none. Then I found this agreement.

The funding arrangement with HFA and the victory fund agreement was not illegal, but it sure looked unethical. If the fight had been fair, one campaign would not have control of the party before the voters had decided which one they wanted to lead. This was not a criminal act, but as I saw it, it compromised the party’s integrity.  

Again remember thou Donna isnt trustworthy, she denied giving the debate questions and she claimed the leaked emails were fakes.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Hahaha when I saw this thread at the top of the page I knew exactly which stuck in the past poster was responsible for the bump!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    "The funding arrangement with HFA and the victory fund agreement was not illegal"
    "This was not a criminal act"
    -Donna Brazile

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,906
    Something doesn't have to be illegal to be inappropriate and slimy.

That said, this excerpt does read like Donna is trying real hard to both cover her ass and sell some books.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."