Options

Terrorism Attack Lower Manhattan 8 Dead still developing

123457»

Comments

• Options
    riley540 said:
    riley540 said:
    Radicals Islam is a problem. Gun violence is a problem. This isn’t news to anybody. 

Violence is a problem. The trouble is, how to predict who will be violent and when? Hint - it isn't just pointing out people from certain specific countries or specific religions.
    Sadly there is evidence, justifying the finger pointing at specific countries and religions. 
    The evidence you’re supposedly referring to, (which is really just bad logic) could easily be applied to men. Nearly all violence is committed by men. Ket’s point the finger at them instead of narrowing it down to religion or certain countries. 
    So in other words... just stop at men. Don't get too specific. Just leave it at men.

Don't get me wrong... I agree with you and have always stated as much. If world leaders were women... I don't think we'd have a fraction of the problems we currently have.

But no... as badly as you try to downplay and minimize each and every event that rears its head... we can look a little deeper into the 'men problem' and discover that some men with some qualities are more prone to extreme violence and hence, are more dangerous.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    riley540 said:
    riley540 said:
    riley540 said:
    Radicals Islam is a problem. Gun violence is a problem. This isn’t news to anybody. 

Violence is a problem. The trouble is, how to predict who will be violent and when? Hint - it isn't just pointing out people from certain specific countries or specific religions.
    Sadly there is evidence, justifying the finger pointing at specific countries and religions. 
    The evidence you’re supposedly referring to, (which is really just bad logic) could easily be applied to men. Nearly all violence is committed by men. Ket’s point the finger at them instead of narrowing it down to religion or certain countries. 
    It’s ok to say men or more violent than women because it is true. Someone in the comments before said African American men are more violent then white men, ( I haven’t checked into this, ) but if that is true, then it’s just true. Not racist. If more white men do mass shootings then that’s also a fact. It’s also a fact that Islam has been skewed and some evil people have taken over it, and are causing terrorism all over Europe and in some cases the United States. I don’t see any problem with using evidence the make claims. 

That being said, I am very pro immigration and think the good people in the world outweigh the bad. I think gun solutions on the left are too extreme mad immigration solutions on the right are too extreme. But facts are facts. We won’t solve issues until we can al accept this. 
    Maybe you missed my point. By finger pointing at a religion of over a billion people, your finger is pointing in the wrong area. The same way if someone finger pointed at men, and then forwarded an agenda to deal specifically with men and this “male problem”, people would say this is a misguided approach. They would say there’s more to it than just being a man. 
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Timeout. May reopen later; do not start a new thread.
    It's not ok to characterize a whole group of people in a derogatory way. Let's just not do that, ok? People are individuals and responsible for themselves so it's not ok to insult an entire group. There's a lot of emotion on this issue...everyone take a little break. Thanks.
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.