White Lives Matter?

When haven’t they?
09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    when they are poor. but even then they seem to have a leg up.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    They mattered more than any other color for the 1st 180 years of this country's existence !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    sure white lives matter.  just wish they were better at marketing themselves.  they could start with an original name for their movement.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    vaggar99 said:
    sure white lives matter.  just wish they were better at marketing themselves.  they could start with an original name for their movement.
    Blood and Soil seems to be their preferred option right now. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    vaggar99 said:
    It's like with anything.  An idea comes along.  It becomes a movement.   It is given a name or title.  The name or title becomes  appropriated.   

Think "punk rock".  It started out as an outlier, a rebellion.  It went from this:

to this:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited October 2017
    How about
    *ALL LIVES MATTER
    *EMBRACE THE RACES
    *BORING IF WE ALL LOOKED THE SAME
    *EVERY RACE HAS DIFFERENT & BEAUTIFUL CHARACTERISTICS
    These were slogan ideas.
    How about The Human Race
    Shouldn't be barriers, and boundaries.
    No one should have to apologise for what race they are.  
    Judge people individually not with a broad brush.  Content of character, not color of skin.
    Post edited by RYME on
    RYME said:
    How about
    *ALL LIVES MATTER
    *EMBRACE THE RACES
    These were slogan ideas.
    How about The Human Race
    Judge people individually not with a broad brush.  Content of character, not color of skin.
    Good idea, RYME. 

And I would go one step further and say ALL LIFE MATTERS.  The world would be much better off if we treated all life with respect.  Humans, mammals, birds, insects, reptiles and amphibians, fish, bacteria, trees, plants and fungi,  microorganisms.  And water and the elements that make life possible.  And let's not leave out geologic formations- mountains, rock formations.  We humans generally see these things as less important than us.  In doing so we seem to think it's OK to do this without giving thought for the resulting destruction (yes, without mining there would be no computer for me to write this on but like the plant and animal taken for food and clothing, we would do well to at least respect and honor that which is taken from the earth and do so more sparingly.  We don't need to produce so much disposable crap):

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Bri,
    environmental question: after miners and loggers destroy the land do they just leave it as is or do they have to plant a certain number of trees , restore the water quality , fill in the mine , etc.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    RYME said:
    How about
    *ALL LIVES MATTER
    *EMBRACE THE RACES
    These were slogan ideas.
    How about The Human Race

maybe when cops can stop killing unarmed black people we can rebrand.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    mcgruff10 said:
    Bri,
    environmental question: after miners and loggers destroy the land do they just leave it as is or do they have to plant a certain number of trees , restore the water quality , fill in the mine , etc.
    In Alaska and in Washington the forestry industry replants. I believe the mining industry is required to do some restoration as well. Out in Healy Alaska there is a huge mining zone that makes for incredible mountain biking. The land has been used for resources but has turned into a new kind of unexplainable beauty. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    Bri,
    Good question McG.  My understanding is that in general what restoration is made to land and life taken is cosmetic at best.  One of the reasons many of us have fought the logging and mining industries for years is that logging and mining have often done severe damage to riparian habitat, damage that can take many years, even generations to recover from.   An excellent work (both for information and great writing) is Richard Manning's, One Round River; The Curse of Gold and the Fight for the Big Blackfoot.  Another excellent book along these lines is Erik Reece's Lost Mountain; A Year in the Vanishing Wilderness.

Many logging operations have done long-term damage to riparian habitats as well, polluting streams and rivers and are then planting mono-cropped fast growing trees that are often used simply for cheap wood pulp products (hemp is a much better alternative!), replacing what were once health, mixed evergreen and deciduous forests.  Some improvements to logging procedures have evolved through many years of activist interventions over several decades. 

edited October 2017
    With out some law & order you get anarchy.
    Do all cops kill innocent black people?  Or are there a few bad apples, just like in any walk of life?  Maby there are a lot of bad apples.  I say weed them out.  That's what this movement should be about.  
    These blakent statements kill me.  I'm white, but I'm not guilty by default.
    A cop shouldn't be guilty by default.
    And blacks are not guilty by default.
     Not all cops kill indiscriminately.  Most of them are there to keep communities in order often times having to make split second decisions.  Most cops hope that they don't have to kill anybody.  Most don't dream about who can I shoot today?
    I say we as a society need to weed out the weeds.  Support & thank the good ones.
     Have you ever grown a garden?  If you don't weed the garden often, the weeds creep in & before you know it they take over & suck the water, nutrients & sun away from your veggies and you end up with crap.  If you are diligent, tend the garden a little bit every day PLUCK THE WEEDS OUT and till it once in a while, keep it waterd, you get much better results.
    But anyway, I think
    Michael Jackson said it best.
    "I said, If you're thinking about being my brother, it don't matter if you're Black or White."
    I couldn't agree more.
    https://youtu.be/YOKUEbiaxD8
    Post edited by RYME on
    RYME said:
    Do all cops kill innocent black people?  Or are there a few bad apples, just like in any walk of life?  Maby there are a lot of bad apples.  I say weed them out.  That's what this movement should be about.  
     Not all cops kill indiscriminately.  Most of them are there to keep communities in order often times having to make split second decisions.  Most cops hope that they don't have to kill anybody.  Most don't dream about who can I shoot today?
    I say we as a society need to weed out the weeds.  Support & thank the good ones.
     Have you ever grown a garden?  If you don't weed the garden often, the weeds creep in & before you know it they take over & suck the water, nutrients & sun away from your veggies and you end up with crap.  If you are diligent, tend the garden a little bit every day PLUCK THE WEEDS OUT and till it once in a while, keep it waterd, you get much better results.
    But anyway, I think
    "I said, If you're thinking about being my brother, it don't matter if you're Black or White."
    I couldn't agree more.
    Yes, there are good cops and bad cops.  I had dealing with both so my own experience is they range from complete jerks (if I were black or Hispanic I'm sure my bad experiences would have been way worse) to angles in blue. 

I agree, usually blanket statements are not very useful though I would have no problem with someones saying "Child abusers are evil".  And sometimes generalizations are misleading but sometimes they are true as in, "Pearl Jam almost always puts on a terrific live show!" 

edited October 2017
    brianlux said:
    RYME said:
    But anyway, I think
    I couldn't agree more.
    Yes, there are good cops and bad cops.  I had dealing with both so my own experience is they range from complete jerks (if I were black or Hispanic I'm sure my bad experiences would have been way worse) to angles in blue. 

I agree, usually blanket statements are not very useful though I would have no problem with someones saying "Child abusers are evil".  And sometimes generalizations are misleading but sometimes they are true as in, "Pearl Jam almost always puts on a terrific live show!" 
    Yes Child abuse is always evil, & Yes Pearl Jam always puts on Great Shows.
    I'm comfortable with those blanket statements.
    I in my own life I try to ease what ever tension there might be. I can't change the world or erase history.  But I'll make an  extra effort to hold the door open at a convenient store if an African American is coming behind me, I'll hold it and let them go in first.  Make sure to acknowledge him or her and say hello or what's up? Or something.  A few weeks ago, I took my kids to a local park.  We were the only ones there to begin with.  They were on the monkey bars when a black dad and his daughter walked over.  His girl sat on one of the swings by her self to begin with.  I went and quietly told my girls to go pick a swing next to her, ask her what her name is, introduce yourselves and start swinging.  My girls are 12 & 9.  This girl same age or in between.
    With in minutes they we're playing all over the playground climbing and going down the slides and having a good old time.
    I sat across from the dad at a picnic table and chitchatted for a half hour.
    Never knew these people before.
    I explained to my girls on the way home, that's how we make the world better.
    To me that's what it's all about.
    Post edited by RYME on
    RYME said:
    But anyway, I think
    I couldn't agree more.

yes most are, but the ones who arent remain on the job or on the streets.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Bri,
    Good question McG.  My understanding is that in general what restoration is made to land and life taken is cosmetic at best.  One of the reasons many of us have fought the logging and mining industries for years is that logging and mining have often done severe damage to riparian habitat, damage that can take many years, even generations to recover from.   An excellent work (both for information and great writing) is Richard Manning's, One Round River; The Curse of Gold and the Fight for the Big Blackfoot.  Another excellent book along these lines is Erik Reece's Lost Mountain; A Year in the Vanishing Wilderness.

Many logging operations have done long-term damage to riparian habitats as well, polluting streams and rivers and are then planting mono-cropped fast growing trees that are often used simply for cheap wood pulp products (hemp is a much better alternative!), replacing what were once health, mixed evergreen and deciduous forests.  Some improvements to logging procedures have evolved through many years of activist interventions over several decades. 

Riley and Bri, thank you for the information.  We really don't see the effects of logging or mining on the east coast.  Bri I'll definitely check out those books.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited October 2017
    mickeyrat said:
    RYME said:
    But anyway, I think
    I couldn't agree more.

Weed the Bad Ones out. Maybe there needs to be a better screening process in place before a police officer is hired in the first place.  Weed out the nut-jobs, as many as possible before they even start.
     Police aren't racest, White supremacists by default.  Neither am I.
    The bad ones need to go.  And if you find ones that were just Trigger Happy they, need to be locked up for good.

Post edited by RYME on
    RYME said:
    mickeyrat said:
    RYME said:
    But anyway, I think
    I couldn't agree more.

Weed the Bad Ones out. Maybe there needs to be a better screening process in place before a police officer is hired in the first place.  Weed out the nut-jobs, as many as possible before they even start.
     Police aren't racest, White supremacists by default.  Neither am I.
    The bad ones need to go.  And if you find ones that were just Trigger Happy they, need to be locked up for good.

until that happens with regularity, we can only say , in theory, all lives matter.  cuz in practice , we're far from it as a society.

edited October 2017
    Do the best you can in your own life and community to make things better with whoever you encounter.  Pay attention to who your local elected county/city Sheriff is.  If you got some  bad ones get them primarried out & vote the bums out.  Make sure you get out and vote for the right one in your county/city.  Be active that way.  And like I say the if convicted of being trigger happy, throw the book at those individuals and get them locked up for good.
    Post edited by RYME on
    Here's what some of these idiot white supremacist are up to:

http://www.theroot.com/white-lives-matter-members-attack-interracial-couple-af-1819969887

These people would do well to get their heads out of their dark places.  Most of the world is non-white and really tired of having the minority race rule the world.  White supremacists will continue to make a lot of noise but they will become increasingly self-marginalized in a mostly non-white world (whites are only something like 17% of the world's population).

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    brianlux said:
    RYME said:
    How about
    *ALL LIVES MATTER
    *EMBRACE THE RACES
    These were slogan ideas.
    How about The Human Race
    Good idea, RYME. 

And I would go one step further and say ALL LIFE MATTERS.  The world would be much better off if we treated all life with respect.  Humans, mammals, birds, insects, reptiles and amphibians, fish, bacteria, trees, plants and fungi,  microorganisms.  And water and the elements that make life possible.  And let's not leave out geologic formations- mountains, rock formations.  We humans generally see these things as less important than us.  In doing so we seem to think it's OK to do this without giving thought for the resulting destruction (yes, without mining there would be no computer for me to write this on but like the plant and animal taken for food and clothing, we would do well to at least respect and honor that which is taken from the earth and do so more sparingly.  We don't need to produce so much disposable crap):

What about human fetuses?
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    unsung said:
    brianlux said:
    RYME said:
    How about
    *ALL LIVES MATTER
    *EMBRACE THE RACES
    These were slogan ideas.
    How about The Human Race
    Good idea, RYME. 

What about human fetuses?
    What about small government?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Bri,

Riley and Bri, thank you for the information.  We really don't see the effects of logging or mining on the east coast.  Bri I'll definitely check out those books.  
    You don't  have to go far to see the negative effects of mining. Just head to Pennsylvania  and West Virginia.
    Easy to see the extremely negative effects  of mining and  strip mining on the land and the people.

As a kid my family.and I went to Pennsylvania to visit the the family farm of some neighbors. We went for a hike and came across  an area that had been stripmined. It looked like they had come through and tore the top  layers of earth and trees and rocks off the planet to get to the coal. Then just left it. Leaving a big scar on the planet. This was the mid 70s so the regulations were much looser then they are now. That image stays with me even today.
    All lives matter. As soon as we single out One race or one group of people lines are being drawn.
    We are the human race. 
    I don't even think it's a bad thing if we can poke find each other once in awhile in good taste in good fun that is.
    You know White Men Can't Jump.  I'm fine with that.
    White Men Can't Dance.  That is certainly true in that case. ;)
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    RYME said:
    All lives matter. As soon as we single out One race or one group of people lines are being drawn.
    We are the human race. 
    I don't even think it's a bad thing if we can poke find each other once in awhile in good taste in good fun that is.
    problem is, one race IS being singled out. by cops. by the system. by society. when that stops, then fine, all lives matter. until then.....
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    RYME said:
    We are the human race. 
    White Supremacists like this kind of collusion. 
    edited October 2017
    RYME said:
    We are the human race. 
    problem is, one race IS being singled out. by cops. by the system. by society. when that stops, then fine, all lives matter. until then.....
    From where I sit I can't do anything about the Rogue cops across the country.
     In my world all lives matter.  Black yellow red white brown is beautiful.

Post edited by RYME on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    We are the human race. 
    From where I sit I can't do anything about the Rogue cops across the country. Everybody in the community you should pay attention to who their Sheriff is. And keep tabs on this.  In my world all lives matter.  Black yellow red white brown is beautiful.

that's because your world is a world of privilege. so is mine. All lives matter in my world as well. but my world isn't their world. they live in a world where there are loads of people in power and influence who don't believe that way. I don't feel the need to stand up and say "white lives matter" when I don't need to; white lives are not being flushed down the societal toilet by racist assholes who have no regard for them. so yeah, until the playing field is level, saying "all lives matter" takes away from the message of their oppression. 

it's like telling african americans and first nations to "move on" and "get over it". it just doesn't make sense to try to squash their message when it doesn't affect you in any negative way. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I totally agree with you HFD, and I honestly can't believe how blind to that so many privileged white people are. I'm just glad I'm not trapped in that bubble.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata