Fire Extinguisher and Pepper Shaker

restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
In the credits for ten there is someone credited with playing these things, anybody identify what the noises are on the album and which songs have them?

just curious

oh and whats the name of dog credited with the canine vocals on binaural?>
Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    In the credits for ten there is someone credited with playing these things, anybody identify what the noises are on the album and which songs have them?

just curious

To find the answer to your first question we have to go no further than the instrumentalist himself, Tim Palmer:

"In the finished album's liner notes, Palmer is credited with playing the fire extinguisher and the pepper shaker. These "instruments" actually pop up as percussion on the song "Oceans." "I used the pepper mill as a shaker and used drum sticks on the extinguisher as a sort of bell effect:, Palmer says. "At about 30 seconds into the song you can hear the pep per shaker on the left and the fire extinguisher on the right. It is all fairly subtle stuff, really. The reason I used those items was purely because we were so far from a music rental shop and necessity became 'the mother of invention.'"

http://www.timpalmer.com/interviews_text/guitar%202003_1.htm

The answer to your second question is in the liner notes for Binaural...the second to last page says: Dakota - canine vocal. Dakota is Tchad Blake's dog.

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/echoes/echoes11.html

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    you have done well, i thank you. For your next quest......
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    you have done well, i thank you. For your next quest......

:D

try me...

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • In the credits for ten there is someone credited with playing these things, anybody identify what the noises are on the album and which songs have them?

just curious

i think the fire ext. is on dirtyfrank.
    ThisIsNotAnExit
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    someone can learn from this. bump
  • ED477ED477 Posts: 134
    Got Tim to autograph my Ten cd and he actually wrote all these little interesting notes inside the booklet.  Here's what he wrote for Oceans!