The Glamour & The Squalor coloured vinyl soundtrack

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Update from Amazon ..

Various Artists "The Glamour & The Squalor (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)"
        Estimated arrival date: October 24, 2017 - October 31, 2017

• epieepie Posts: 290
    edited September 2017
    Does anyone know if there is a chance for these two CD releases to come out on vinyl?  
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II

Original Score Now Available!

It was an honor to have Pearl Jam's Mike McCready compose the original score for the film, and it is now available to purchase! The score elevated the film to a whole new level, and is a beautiful listen as a standalone piece of art. Says Mike, "This is dedicated to Ashley who helps me with my musical vision, my muse. And to my kids who inspire me daily. This is also in remembrance of all the musicians from Seattle who aren't here anymore, but their music remains..."

Read more about the score release, and hear an original track by Mike from the score called "You're the Song."

The album is being released by Lakeshore Records. It is available digitally now and on CD on September 22. We will also be releasing an official Soundtrack of The Glamour & The Squalor, with rare acoustic recordings from the 90s, intercut with dialogue from the film. Stay tuned for an official announcement and release date!

As a reminder, the film is currently available to watch for free via Amazon Prime, for .99 cents on iTunes, and via DVD.

Enjoy!

The Glamour & The Squalor

edited September 2017
    Post edited by demetrios on
    Update from Amazon Canada

Mike McCready "The Glamour & The Squalor (Original Motion Picture Score)"
        Estimated arrival date: October 24, 2017 - October 31, 2017

mvdentertainmentgroup The Glamour & The Squalor
    Before the Internet made sourcing new music a simple matter of keystrokes and RSS feeds, there was the radio DJ. No one epitomized this role like Marco Collins. He was the on-off switch for an artist's potential career and was the gatekeeper credited for helping break the likes of Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Beck, Weezer, Garbage and countless others.

Sweet! Signed DVD's from the Kickstarter campaign has shipped out! :) 
  • foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 717
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    edited October 2017

Post edited by mr bungle on
    My Kickstarter DVD just arrived!

I ordered both CD's when they were avaialble for pre order over @ Amazon USA.

Only 1 of the 2 shipped out. Received the Score CD last week. But the Soundtrack, hasn't been shipped yet.
    The site say's Temp out of stock, but my order was put in the day they went up for pre order. :/ 

The Glamour & The Squalor Soundtrack CD
    October 13th .. 

• moyboymoyboy Posts: 131
    demetrios said:

Only 1 of the 2 shipped out. Received the Score CD last week. But the Soundtrack, hasn't been shipped yet.
    The site say's Temp out of stock, but my order was put in the day they went up for pre order. :/ 

October 13th .. 

Never fear, the various artists soundtrack just got delayed a bit due to label stuff. All is finalized and printing as we speak,   Digital will be out 11/3 and Physical 11/17. 
    moyboy said:
    demetrios said:

October 13th .. 

Never fear, the various artists soundtrack just got delayed a bit due to label stuff. All is finalized and printing as we speak,   Digital will be out 11/3 and Physical 11/17. 
    Awesome! Thanks for the update. :) 
  • ArmogiArmogi Posts: 76
    isn't there some sort of problem on this soundtrack? it seems tracks 19 and 20 both include track 20 (spaced out), it's there twice.
    The track times on the CD match the digital download from amazon so it could also be present on the download.
    It's very odd if intentionally done

Armogi said:
    isn't there some sort of problem on this soundtrack? it seems tracks 19 and 20 both include track 20 (spaced out), it's there twice.
    The track times on the CD match the digital download from amazon so it could also be present on the download.

Track 19 and Track 20 are very very similar, but different and presented as separate tracks.  
  • ArmogiArmogi Posts: 76
    moyboy said:
    Armogi said:

Track 19 and Track 20 are very very similar, but different and presented as separate tracks.  
    weird, it's certainly an odd decision, oh well.
    Armogi said:
    moyboy said:
    Armogi said:

weird, it's certainly an odd decision, oh well.

WHO ARE YOU CALLING ODD, MOTHERFUCKER?!? just kidding, I'm not really mad and you are entitled to your opinion :)
    seriously though, have you listened to the whole album all the way through or are you just listening to the short digital previews? if you check out the album front to back, you will notice that there are lots of similar musical themes and shared riffs and instrumentation etc, that thread throughout the sequence, popping up and returning here and there in different ways and at different times. reprises and returning riffs, etc. those two tracks specifically - track 19 literally begins completely differently and then morphs into the electronic vibe. while track 20 is all electronic vibe, essentially an extension of the previous ending, and is meant as a thematic continuation of the track and theme before it. i felt if track 20 was omitted, and only track 91 was included, then you would just be left with the track 19 that suddenly morphs to electronic and that would seem weird and out of place with the rest of the album being absolutely unlike it. so, i wanted to give it a bit of as sister track sitting right next to it, a continuation of that sound, so that there was a bit of space at that moment in the album to just enjoy that electronic section that Mike did.  both tracks together its barely 3 minutes so i think its a bit of a relief from the guitars and kind of an album intermission. also another thought, from a concept point since this is score music from the film, and with the release tying to the movies themes too, it represents the point in the film that Marcos interest and career veers towards electronic music, and also the party scene that goes with that point in his career and in the film - conceptually, the repeated sound felt a bit like a relapse. a musical "here we go again" rush of amphetamine. maybe? that's what I was thinking anyhow.

Listen to Garbage's acoustic take on "Only Happy When It Rains," off the soundtrack for 'The Glamour & The Squalor.'

https://www.spin.com/2017/10/garbage-only-happy-when-it-rains-acoustic-version/
  • jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Was the movie released on BluRay or only on DVD?
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    jason_94 said:
    dvd only :(  only way to watch it in HD is on Amazon.
  • jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Zod said:
    jason_94 said:

Thank you.

Kind of a bummer but not the worst of things.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    Zod said:
    jason_94 said:
    What's the resolution over on Amazon? Those who scored the signed DVD from their Kickstarter received a digital download link to their 720p & 1080p film. 
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/glamour-squalor-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/id1299976934?app=itunes

Original Soundtrack Available Now!
    Pre-Order Your Copy Today

We are happy to announce the original soundtrack from The Glamour & The Squalor! Available for pre-order now with a digital release of November 3, the soundtrack features rare radio performances from Marco's show interspersed with dialogue from the film and other handpicked selections. Included on the soundtrack are cuts by Garbage, Sebadoh, Death Cab for Cutie, Mudhoney, and others. Read more about it in Spin and take a listen to an exclusive version of "Only Happy When It Rains" by Garbage.

The original score by Mike McCready is also available digitally or on CD. The film is available on Amazon or direct from our website.

If you are a Kickstarter backer and awaiting a DVD, please be sure to fill out the survey we sent via Kickstarter. We have sent out all DVDs that we have an address for. Thanks for supporting!
    Pre-Order Now!

Delayed again? From Amazon USA ..

Various Artists "The Glamour & The Squalor (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)"
        Estimated arrival date: December 19, 2017 - December 26, 2017