The video game thread.

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    It seems like Walmart has been cancelling a number of pre-orders from that wave.  Mine remains intact though.  We'll see.  Either way, Im pretty confident I can land one
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    MayDay10 said:
    It seems like Walmart has been cancelling a number of pre-orders from that wave.  Mine remains intact though.  We'll see.  Either way, Im pretty confident I can land one
    I haven't heard that my order is being cancelled.  So far so good.  I guess if it is, i'll reactive those notifications on Nowinstock.
    word seems to be that orders with multiples seem to be the ones getting cancelled.  So far, so good
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Nintendo is bringing the NES Classic back next summer because they realized the were a bunch of fucking idiots for stopping production in the first place

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-bringing-back-the-nes-classic-in-2018-1803771394
    Jason P said:
    Nintendo is bringing the NES Classic back next summer because they realized the were a bunch of fucking idiots for stopping production in the first place

That's good!  Hope I can get a legit second controller when they re-release that!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    This dude 3D printed his own Mini NES for the Raspberry Pi... with working cartridge slot, carts, and a controller to-scale.  This is one of the absolute best Raspberry Pi case builds I've seen.

The carts aren't necessary to play the games but it's a really cool addition and gives an unrivaled level of authenticity.  Really neat that he set them up with NFC tags that simply call to the rom file for the intended game. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dgnD93pwX0

mca47 said:
    Jason P said:

That's good!  Hope I can get a legit second controller when they re-release that!
    They also said they would continue production of the SNES Classic into next year.  I can only imagine a group of angry investors must have surrounded the Nintendo HQ with torches and pitchforks after watching the SNES rollout dumpster fire disaster.
    Great Googly Moogly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNGWh_-R1VE

This game is gonna make a billion dollars
    This is what happens when you try to cheat in the new South Park game ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=929tq1kzTlU
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Anyone playing Wolfenstein2 and did you play Wolfenstein1 and was it good? Really good? :) Thanks.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Anybody have a classic nes they want to unload? Maybe trade for classic snes?
    Anybody have a classic nes they want to unload? Maybe trade for classic snes?
    got rid of my extra snes.....would buy your regular nes though if it's collecting dust
    I think I heard they were putting those back in production.

Also, do a raspberry pie/retro pie. 
    Been playing Shadows of War the last few days.  Fun game.  Very similar to Shadows or Mordor, or whatever the first one was called.
    The nemesis system is similar but expanded and it seems the character upgrades have been expanded/built upon as well.
    I'm not too far in yet, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Kat said:
    Anyone playing Wolfenstein2 and did you play Wolfenstein1 and was it good? Really good? :) Thanks.

Wolfenstein 1 was alright. Really alright...
    I didn't think the second one was out yet, but I've been on a self-imposed game purchasing restriction. Full-time work and full-time school doesn't afford me much gaming time these days. I know you're a Skyrim fan, if you've never played The Witcher 3 it still holds up for me as one of the best games ever. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    mca47 said:
    Been playing Shadows of War the last few days.  Fun game.  Very similar to Shadows or Mordor, or whatever the first one was called.
    The nemesis system is similar but expanded and it seems the character upgrades have been expanded/built upon as well.
    I'm not too far in yet, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Have that on deck once I get a little sick of Destiny .
  • Is it still possible for me to get an SNES?
    Kat said:

Wolfenstein 1 was alright. Really alright...
    I didn't think the second one was out yet, but I've been on a self-imposed game purchasing restriction. Full-time work and full-time school doesn't afford me much gaming time these days. I know you're a Skyrim fan, if you've never played The Witcher 3 it still holds up for me as one of the best games ever. 
    I've been trying to impose a buying ban as well because I must have at least 10 awesome games that I've hardly scratched (including Witcher 3).  I will be getting the new star wars game though, that I cannot resist.
    One week til Super Mario Odyssey!!
    Got my pre-order in!  Hope it's good.  Looks interesting!
    Looks like Super Mario Odyssey is going to be one of the all time greats based on the reviews.  Averaging 97 with 65 reviews on metacritic.  That ties it at 2nd place all time over reviewed games on all systems (also ties it with Breath of the Wild).

That's Nintendo for you.  95% of the games are garbage and 5% are absolute gems.
    edited October 2017
    I was watching a few live streams earlier and yes the game looks amazing! Everyone that was playing were all raving about it, saying how it’s everything they’ve ever dreamed about not only in a Mario game, but any video game.
    it looks so fun! Can’t wait for the mailman to get here today!!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Anyone getting an XBOX ONE X? I have the XBOX ONE S......I'm think about it. 

I got a new OLED TV and was more interested in having my 4K Blu Rays look better if I upgrade as well as 4K gaming of coarse

Is it worth it?

• I was watching a few live streams earlier and yes the game looks amazing! Everyone that was playing were all raving about it, saying how it’s everything they’ve ever dreamed about not only in a Mario game, but any video game.
    Is this for the Switch?
    I was watching a few live streams earlier and yes the game looks amazing! Everyone that was playing were all raving about it, saying how it’s everything they’ve ever dreamed about not only in a Mario game, but any video game.
    Is this for the Switch?
    yup
    Played a couple hours of SM Odyssey yesterday.  Fun game!
    Not sure if it's a "10", but it's really well done and I'm having a blast!
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394

Anybody playing Call of Duty WWII yet?

mca47 said:
    Played a couple hours of SM Odyssey yesterday.  Fun game!
    Not sure if it's a "10", but it's really well done and I'm having a blast!
    Indeed.  I had to take a little break from it this week.  If I wasn't playing it last weekend, I was watching live streams of it being played.  Didn't want to burn myself out too quickly.  I've beat the boss in the Seaside Kingdoml but then went back to the Cap & Cascade Kingdoms to collect all the purple coins.  Working my way back up from there.
    It looks like the main storyline can be beaten rather swiftly, but there is a lot of post-game content for completionists to go back and do.  Should be fun for the next few months.
    Now that I don't have to watch the Colts on weekends, I may finally have time to enter the mushroom kingdom
    bflynn1 said:

Anybody playing Call of Duty WWII yet?

installed it last night but watched Bruins game instead, will start it up tonight