Facepalm Of The Day

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    If DNA testing can indicate your ethnicity... then doesn't that suggest there are inherent differences within us that do not make us 'all the same'?
    that was deep bro
    I'm going crazy. Our area is still experiencing fires. Stuck inside and going deep.
    You in the north-west, Thirty?  My wife had a hard time hopping from Sacramento to Seattle to get to Alaska due to massive smoke causing delays.  We've had only one big on so far her in the Sierra Foothills (the Detwiler fire, 81,800 acres) but our worst fire season is late August and September.  A new one started in the Yosemite area (1600 acres, 0 % containment).  Things are getting bone dry, shits gonna burn.
    Brian, 
    is the drought still over?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    If DNA testing can indicate your ethnicity... then doesn't that suggest there are inherent differences within us that do not make us 'all the same'?
    that was deep bro
    I'm going crazy. Our area is still experiencing fires. Stuck inside and going deep.
    You in the north-west, Thirty?  My wife had a hard time hopping from Sacramento to Seattle to get to Alaska due to massive smoke causing delays.  We've had only one big on so far her in the Sierra Foothills (the Detwiler fire, 81,800 acres) but our worst fire season is late August and September.  A new one started in the Yosemite area (1600 acres, 0 % containment).  Things are getting bone dry, shits gonna burn.
    Brian, 
    is the drought still over?
    Yes and no McG.  the 2016/2017 winter was the wettest winter we've had in several years which of course helped but, as usual, summer is dry here and we have had no significant rain since mid April (again, that's normal).  We need more winters last last winter and that's difficult to predict.  In any case, the impact of drought is still taking its toll here.  I'm still seeing pines, cedars and manzanita (a large tree-like shrub) dying off.  We had to take out a huge manzanita yesterday that had died off quickly this summer and have two cedars, one quite large, that look like they aren't going to make it.  I noticed today that about 1/2 of the deciduous trees in our local Raley's grocery store parking lot died rather quickly just recently.  I don't mean to sound sensationalist or alarmist but I do observe this kind of thing regularly and what I'm seeing causes me much concern. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Scruffy and Brian...

I'm in the interior of BC (Kamloops). The region is burning up. Air quality is getting better, but it was at 49 at one point making it one of the top 5 worse palces to breathe on the earth.

All our parks are closed. There has been no mountain biking this year. My problems are small compared to evacuees though.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/thousands-of-hectares-burned-as-bc-nears-worst-wildfire-season/article35994947/?ref=https://www.theglobeandmail.com&
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Scruffy and Brian...

I'm in the interior of BC (Kamloops). The region is burning up. Air quality is getting better, but it was at 49 at one point making it one of the top 5 worse palces to breathe on the earth.

All our parks are closed. There has been no mountain biking this year. My problems are small compared to evacuees though.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/thousands-of-hectares-burned-as-bc-nears-worst-wildfire-season/article35994947/?ref=https://www.theglobeandmail.com&
    damn Del that is terrible!  I hope things get better soon.

Bri, I can see that you are highly observant with your surroundings!  I pray you both get some rain soon!  Here in new jersey we have almost too much rain lol.  I wish we could send some your way.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mcgruff10 said:
    Scruffy and Brian...

damn Del that is terrible!  I hope things get better soon.

Bri, I can see that you are highly observant with your surroundings!  I pray you both get some rain soon!  Here in new jersey we have almost too much rain lol.  I wish we could send some your way.
    Yes, Thirty, I hope your air quality gets better soon!

We'll take any rain you can spare, McG!, lol!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Thanks, fellas.

We need rain badly. Not a little spit either... we need a downpour that lasts. The one fire is going to burn until winter no matter how much rain we get.
    Del,
    Lighting strike or some dumb ass cause this massive wild fire?
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Del,
    Lighting strike or some dumb ass cause this massive wild fire?
    There's multiple fires right now, but they are attributing half of them to morons.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    I was liking this thread, let's breathe some alt-white into it

Arab American family detained and questioned for hours over a settlement check deposit

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/bank-has-entire-arab-american-family-arrested-after-father-tries-to-deposit-large-check-from-home-sale/amp/
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    this is obscene!
    officer was given choice protect and serve the community or breastfeed her child

https://www.aclu.org/blog/womens-rights/pregnancy-and-parenting-discrimination/officer-was-given-impossible-choice-quit
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    This is appropriate here.  Sorry if it has already been posted in another "stupid people" thread!
    https://www.click2houston.com/trending/womans-post-slamming-hobby-lobby-for-raw-cotton-decoration-goes-viral
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    PJPOWER said:
    This is appropriate here.  Sorry if it has already been posted in another "stupid people" thread!
    https://www.click2houston.com/trending/womans-post-slamming-hobby-lobby-for-raw-cotton-decoration-goes-viral
    That right there is just ridiculous.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJPOWER said:
    That's the dumbest thing I've seen all day.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    edited September 2017
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ugh.  Warrants much more than a facepalm, but still...UGH.  Fucking clueless.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/a-feeble-no-may-mean-yes-indian-court-overturns-rape-conviction/ar-AAsuBhe?li=BBnbfcL
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Kellogg is eliminating this artwork from their Corn Pops box because it has been declared racist ....

They claim the only brown Corn Pop is the janitor.  Folks, the janitor clearly is not a Corn Pop.  It's a person that had his mouth removed by Agent Smith in The Matrix.

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited October 2017
    Jason P said:
    Kellogg is eliminating this artwork from their Corn Pops box because it has been declared racist ....

They claim the only brown Corn Pop is the janitor.  Folks, the janitor clearly is not a Corn Pop.  It's a person that had his mouth removed by Agent Smith in The Matrix.

I was just about to post this same story.  Changing the artwork all because of one jackasses tweet.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    KC138045 said:
    Jason P said:

I was just about to post this same story.  Changing the artwork all because of one jackasses tweet.
    Companies are freaked out that they are going to be under the next “racist” headline.  Overcompensating for political correctness.  Can’t say I blame them in a time where Hobby Lobby is accused of racism for selling cotton and Dove soap for an innocent commercial that was blown out of proportion.  
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Holy Moly I went to a Catholic Mass last night, I couldn't decide whether to post about it this or the idiot thread.

Wow, what a ridiculous shit show.  I can't believe people take that baloney seriously!
    The over the top silly rituals, the men in dresses playing servant to the priest like he's a king of old, the dry recitation of scripture without a single original sentiment or passion, everybody drinking from the same cup and chanting back at the priest.
    That was a new experience for me, and I feel like I know what it's like to join a cult now.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Man i went to a Catholic Church remembrance thing and thought exactly the same. Wow. Just wow what the hell is that shit. They clapped and cheered the pope. (He wasn't there)
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • rgambs said:
    Holy Moly I went to a Catholic Mass last night, I couldn't decide whether to post about it this or the idiot thread.

Wow, what a ridiculous shit show.  I can't believe people take that baloney seriously!
    The over the top silly rituals, the men in dresses playing servant to the priest like he's a king of old, the dry recitation of scripture without a single original sentiment or passion, everybody drinking from the same cup and chanting back at the priest.
    That was a new experience for me, and I feel like I know what it's like to join a cult now.

Bunch of f**king idiots.

My grandmother remarried herself to a Catholic moron. She died before he did and they had a Catholic funeral for him. They treated her true family (us) like garbage and made a spectacle of themselves- flaunting their awesomeness at how they worshipped the lord... excluding us from any of the 'activities' because we weren't confirmed Catholics (looking down at us in the process)... and demonstrating they couldn't have been any stupider.

Among several things, they refused to allow my cousin to read a poem she had written for Grandma.

The gross ordeal couldn't have made it any clearer how retarded these people were: brainwashed idiots. I really had to restrain myself. I was inching really close to making some form of a scene, but exercised great restraint. I had gone as far to measure the room and establish the fact that there wasn't one guy in here that could physically do anything at all to me if I wanted to belittle the congregation. For example, I had to stop myself from joining the line to get a cracker- we weren't invited to have a snack. We had to sit there as all the dressed up sheep walked by us mud people to eat some of Christ's body.

Looking back... maybe I should have. I wasn't concerned at all with my feelings: I felt terrible for my mother, aunt, and uncle who were not comforted at all by the ceremony. 

F**king idiots. Seriously.
    I attended a Mormon church every week for a year when I was a teenager, and I have to say, they get a bad deal in the court of public opinion. 
    Their services were incredibly normal in comparison.  I didn't realize until last night how similar they are to interdenominational protestant services.
    That one Catholic Mass was way, way nuttier than everything nutty combined that I saw in an entire year of being deep in the Mormon church.
  • That does it.

I'm becoming an evangelist. Send me your money and I will get you closer to the lord.
  • We should start a thread !
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    That does it.

I'm becoming an evangelist. Send me your money and I will get you closer to the lord.
    From the Columbus 2010 show:

Ed spoke of how Stone thought it would be a good idea to be sanctioned – they would be tax exempt, they could do whatever the fuck they want.  He said there is only one Commandment, and its “Don’t be an asshole.” 

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2010/05/07/pearl-jam-discovers-columbus/
    My first PJ show!
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    rgambs said:

My ex wife is catholic.  I've never felt more uncomfortable in a place than I did whenever I went to church with her.

This SNL skit is both hilarious and true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiuYmM0lG6o
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018