*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

CLAP

YOUR

HANDS

chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    so over/under is 42.5 - what are your thoughts?  i say slightly under. say 40-41 wins

and how many games does Embiid play?  i'll be the pessimist and say 35.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    pjhawks said:
    so over/under is 42.5 - what are your thoughts?  i say slightly under. say 40-41 wins

i'll say slightly over and go with 44.

Embiid- i'll be happy with about 50.

less than hour till tip off :smiley:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Not bad. Lots of new moving parts. Need to feed the beast when he is in there. Was Jah sick? Fultz looked ok. He's going to learn and get better. If Ben gets a jumper, look out.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Not bad. Lots of new moving parts. Need to feed the beast when he is in there. Was Jah sick? Fultz looked ok. He's going to learn and get better. If Ben gets a jumper, look out.

Thought Fultz looked better than I anticipated given how he played in the preseason. The shot is all in his head. He made that little running fade away shot in the lane and it was so fluid. Looked like all the highlights we saw of him at Washington.....then he looked like an awkward 7th grader at the line. But he did a lot of other things well. Seems like he has a lot of toughness.

Ben is going to be a fucking superstar. Man, that guy see's EVERYTHING on the court. Yeah when that shot comes along----whoa boy. The passing from this team, in general is really, really good.........well it got sloppy at the end, but other than that.

They need to have JoJo closer to the basket. I'm cool with a few outside shots and some threes because he can hit them but it just seems like they have him at the top of the key way too much. Let him bully guys by the basket more. He tries to get too cute too often out there. So much for that 16 minute minutes restriction, huh? I knew that was bullshit.

Covington is the ultimate Process player. A Hinkie under the radar gem. 3 and D. He's so valuable to this team and you see how much better he is now with the spacing available....he did forget to box out a couple times though.

Redick is phenomenal from 3. It's so nice to see outside shots falling with ease again.

Tough game against one of the best teams in the conference. This season is going to be so much fun.

chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

i'll say slightly over and go with 44.

Embiid- i'll be happy with about 50.

less than hour till tip off :smiley:

Wins? I'm going with 39. There will be a lot of growing pains early on. 39ish will probably mean playoffs though and an 11 game improvement from last year and 29 game improvement from 2 years ago. haha--that's crazy.

50 sounds right for Embiid.

chinese-happy.jpg
    16 of the 1st 20 games are v. playoff teams. If they can come out of that .500, look out. 2 v. GSW & HOU.

Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    16 of the 1st 20 games are v. playoff teams. If they can come out of that .500, look out. 2 v. GSW & HOU.

9 of first 15 on road too. Brutal way to start.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Bought 2 for tonight.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    wells fargo center should be rocking tonight!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    turnovers are hurting us.  why is embiid taking so many 3 point attempts?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    This thing with Foltz's shot is about the strangest thing ever, eh? He missed a foul shot wide left last night. To the left of the rim. Like he missed the rim completely and clanked it off the backboard. I don't think I've ever done that. A shooter who forgot how to shoot...

Maybe you you have to sit him for a couple weeks and make him take a thousand foul shots a day to regain his stroke? I don't know...only gonna get worse in opposing arenas...

its like Chuck Knoblauch forgetting how to throw to first or somwthig
    chinese-happy.jpg
    This thing with Foltz's shot is about the strangest thing ever, eh? He missed a foul shot wide left last night. To the left of the rim. Like he missed the rim completely and clanked it off the backboard. I don't think I've ever done that. A shooter who forgot how to shoot...

Maybe you you have to sit him for a couple weeks and make him take a thousand foul shots a day to regain his stroke? I don't know...only gonna get worse in opposing arenas...

they should rest him, don't think his shoulder is better.  good day in sports except for the sixers game.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

I saw that too. I don't know what the hell he's doing changing his shot ( unless it is the shoulder?) . It must be, because he hasn't even LOOKED to take a outside shot, let alone take one.
    cutz said:

I saw that too. I don't know what the hell he's doing changing his shot ( unless it is the shoulder?) . It must be, because he hasn't even LOOKED to take a outside shot, let alone take one.
    strange situation with Fultz.  it has to be his shoulder.  reports are he can't even raise it over his head and he hasn't even take a 3 yet. weird this franchise who has been over cautious with every injury is playing him.
    cutz said:

If it is the shoulder then why is he seemingly unafraid of contact in the lane? None of this makes any sense to me. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Truly bizarre situation with Fultz. Embiid is clearly out of shape. Not playing these guys together in the preseason is going to make this linger.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    cutz said:

If it is the shoulder then why is he seemingly unafraid of contact in the lane? None of this makes any sense to me. 
    Yeah, he is driving in the lane and taking contact. MAYBE, it's in his head?

Here's a article, with videos, of Fultz: https://www.libertyballers.com/platform/amp/2017/10/23/16519054/markelle-fultz-needs-to-start-shooting-sixers-nba-the-process-philadelphia

finally our first win.  Ben Simmons with his first triple double
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    HANS dropping 30 too. Welcome to the moment. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The 2nd coming of Magic Johnson. If this guy develops an outside shot look out.
    That's the first time someone has recorded a triple double in his first four games since 1967. 

ttp
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Check out HANS in the background

chinese-happy.jpg
    Good thing they hired Colangelo to make our front office appear more respected. This front office would screw up a lap dance.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    https://www.thescore.com/news/1406496

Fultz to miss at least 3 games with shoulder injury

Philadelphia 76ers rookie point guard Markelle Fultz will miss at least the next three games due to a right shoulder injury, the team announced.

He will be re-evaluated next Tuesday.

The injury has already necessitated a cortisone shot, and has wrought havoc on Fultz's shooting mechanics. The No. 1 pick in this year's draft is averaging six points and shooting 33.3 percent from the field and 50 percent from the free-throw line through his first four NBA games. He's yet to attempt a 3-point shot.

While many, including Sixers head coach Brett Brown, have speculated that Fultz's injury forced him to alter his shooting motion, general manager Bryan Colangelo suggested on Wednesday that the opposite may be true.

According to The Athletic's Derek Bodner, Colangelo said Fultz's decision to rework his shot may have been what caused the injury, rather than the other way around.

Whatever the reason, a bit of rest and rehab figures to do the struggling rookie some good.

"I think it's appropriate to take a step back," Colangelo said, according to NBC's Jessica Camerato. "Let him take a breath, get him healthy and ready to resume play, hopefully next week."

cutz said:
    https://www.thescore.com/news/1406496

Fultz to miss at least 3 games with shoulder injury

Philadelphia 76ers rookie point guard Markelle Fultz will miss at least the next three games due to a right shoulder injury, the team announced.

He will be re-evaluated next Tuesday.

The injury has already necessitated a cortisone shot, and has wrought havoc on Fultz's shooting mechanics. The No. 1 pick in this year's draft is averaging six points and shooting 33.3 percent from the field and 50 percent from the free-throw line through his first four NBA games. He's yet to attempt a 3-point shot.

While many, including Sixers head coach Brett Brown, have speculated that Fultz's injury forced him to alter his shooting motion, general manager Bryan Colangelo suggested on Wednesday that the opposite may be true.

According to The Athletic's Derek Bodner, Colangelo said Fultz's decision to rework his shot may have been what caused the injury, rather than the other way around.

Whatever the reason, a bit of rest and rehab figures to do the struggling rookie some good.

"I think it's appropriate to take a step back," Colangelo said, according to NBC's Jessica Camerato. "Let him take a breath, get him healthy and ready to resume play, hopefully next week."

Good. Let him sit for however long it takes to get his shot back. Pretend it's the shoulder all you want...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Why did they play Fultz at all if he was injured?  Did they hire the trainer that the Mets just finally fired?
    Jason P said:
    Why did they play Fultz at all if he was injured?  Did they hire the trainer that the Mets just finally fired?

Good question...however I think they are using the shoulder thing as an excuse for his real probably being between his ears...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I watched a lot of Pac-12 hoops and never thought fultz was a #1. then again, I’m not a professional talent evaluator.

we’ll see.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14