Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    derbydave said:

LOVE the poster for the QOTSA show in Detroit tonight...
    Todd Slater is the artist!!
    QOTSA consistently have the best posters in the business IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    kasedoug said:
    Here. They. Come.
    YAAA
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Check out their website right now. :lol: So awesome! http://qotsa.com/

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    I thank the lord for QOTSA being there to get us through this PJ drought of 2017
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    edited October 2017
    As long as they don't play anything from the new album, I'll go. ;)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited October 2017
    No local shows...but vegas...
    2/14 vday
    2/15 knights v oilers
    2/16 qotsa...

how do you you sign up for their fan club for presale?  Can’t find it anywhere.  Is there a delay or deadline between sign up and presale info like with with 10C?

is that kingsofthespaceage their actual fan club?  Two week wait after applying?  Bah
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    http://qotsa.com/

Click "Social" button (upper right).
    Click "Newsletter".
    A box will appear to the left.
    Enter your email address.
    They will send you the presale code.
    Hobbes said:

Click "Newsletter".
    Awesome!  Thank you!!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    more shows announced......still no Peg. :rage:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Hobbes said:

Click "Newsletter".
    Awesome!  Thank you!!
    Hmmm....appears the newsletter link has been disabled :(
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377

Can't wait for tonight.  Gonna be a long afternoon at work.

If anyone sees the poster on social media please upload a picture.

• kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    how do you you sign up for their fan club for presale?  Can’t find it anywhere.  Is there a delay or deadline between sign up and presale info like with with 10C?
    I just got the email for the LA pre-sale. It's from my pre-order of the album from the Matador store. They owed us a pre-sale due to the cancelled Ventura show back in August.
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Hobbes said:
    Portland, OR!!! :rock_on:

I wonder if the artist presale code will be the same as the previous shows on this tour.
    What was the code previously?
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Hobbes said:

Can't wait for tonight.  Gonna be a long afternoon at work.

If anyone sees the poster on social media please upload a picture.

Sweet poster.   If I framed it I might even consider writing "The Evil Has Landed" somewhere on the matting. 
  • Have an extra Boston ticket for Saturday night. It's Floor 2. Asking what I paid, $75. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Tonight in Indy is why I go to concerts.  Every song was an adventure.  If they changed up set lists more I would be on the road to the next show.  Guy offered me $120 for a poster after the show.   

Since this is a PJ board I will say this:  Stone, you said you write songs that are easier to play live.   Go see QOTSA and then write the next record!  

• iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    Vancouver! :)
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    edited October 2017
    I’m not sure why Queens didn’t post a picture of their poster from the KC show last Friday like they have been doing for all of their other shows... but here it is.  A little take on a classic Bruce album cover. 
    Post edited by BrainOfJHA on
    I’m not sure why Queens didn’t post a picture of their poster from the KC show last Friday like they have been doing for all of their other shows... but here it is.  A little take on a classic Bruce album cover.  

Born To Burn
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Will anyone else be at the anthem tomorrow?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874

Now THAT is a kickass poster!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Leash_In_HidingLeash_In_Hiding Posts: 691
    edited October 2017
    This may be a long shot, but if anyone going to any upcoming QOTSA shows could help me out with 2 shirts I can paypal the funds...although I need to verify that the shirt is even being sold still (not sure if these dates are still considered the same leg), it was a black shirt with a skull on the front and the tour dates on the back. I was at the Pittsburgh show and sadly the shirt shrunk after one wash, I'm super bummed

If you can help, please PM me. Thanks.
    Post edited by Leash_In_Hiding on
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    It's a bit random but pretty cool that they're playing Victoria!   We don't get that many big(ish) bands playing our neck of the woods.  Definitely going to buy tickets :)
    PJ_Soul said:
    derbydave said:

Do they do posters for every show?   It'll be pretty cool if they have a show specific one for the Victoria show.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Zod said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    derbydave said:

Do they do posters for every show?   It'll be pretty cool if they have a show specific one for the Victoria show.
    They have been so far so there should be no reason to stop.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    I haven't received a presale code from qotsa.com yet. Have other people received theirs (besides the folks with the Forum deal)?
    I signed up to the e-mail yesterday when the tour got announced.   Nothing yet.   Try "joining" the event on Facebook.   Livenation/Facebook might of posted a code for the Vancouver show.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    PJ_Soul said:
    I haven't received a presale code from qotsa.com yet. Have other people received theirs (besides the folks with the Forum deal)?
    For the first leg, I’m pretty sure they didn’t email our codes til the day before the presale started. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

edited October 2017
    Zod said:
    I signed up to the e-mail yesterday when the tour got announced.   Nothing yet.   Try "joining" the event on Facebook.   Livenation/Facebook might of posted a code for the Vancouver show.
    Thanks RS151862.
    I'm pretty sure I'm signed up for every possible option already. I'll just be patient! I hope it's not like the Beck presale. Both the fan club and the Spotify presale codes were mailed to me AFTER the presale started. It was really stupid.