Chicago Cubs baseball!!!

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Well, there's that. This team doesn't have it in them this October. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    bbiggs said:
    Yup......non-existent with the bat. He goes up there, looks at strike one, then waves his bat at 2 pitches nowhere near the zone, walks back to the dugout and sits down. Also, if we don't plunk Turner for that buzz to Bryant and then the subsequent HBP to Rizzo, I'll be very disappointed. We've shown no ability to hit, no heart, and quite frankly the managerial moves have been very suspect. It's hard to see a way that we get back in this series.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    anything to get out of a slump!
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    The bull pen ismt the problem here. The problem is we can't fucking hit.
    The bull pen ismt the problem here. The problem is we can't fucking hit.
    So true.  Bats have been not existent.  Can't win anything if you can't score.  2, 3, and 4 hitters have to step up.
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Batting .162 this postseason and 1/3 of our outs have come in the form of strikeouts.  I'm pretty sure I could strike Bryant and Baez out right now.

There's a fucking meme going around saying "Can you throw a baseball 5 feet? Congrats, you can strike out a Cub!"
  • The entire city feels different this year.  The buzz is certainly not on the same level as last year.  Spoiled last year I guess.  Hell, I live about 15 blocks south of Wrigley Field and there is a guy on my street that is flying the "L" today.......balls on this guy.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    elvistheking44 said:  Hell, I live about 15 blocks south of Wrigley Field and there is a guy on my street that is flying the "L" today.......balls on this guy.

love it! I cannot stand that fucking leprechaun Turner but he couldn't have picked a better guy to hit the GW off.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    you guys will win tonight and maybe you can stop your boo-hooing.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    anything to get out of a slump!
    Anything.  But man, am I really getting sick of the "check out my stupidly long beard" look.  It's the new total douchebag move.  Right up there with Von Dutch from about 10 years ago.
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    C'mon Cubbies!  Let's get back in track at home tonight!  One game at a time. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Hey ho, let's go.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited October 2017
    Pathetic.  Walking a pitcher with bases loaded.  Probably would have been okay letting only one run in with the bases loaded like that though.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    Pathetic.  Walking a pitcher with bases loaded.  Probably would have been okay letting only one run in with the bases loaded like that though.
    Yup.  Stick a fork in them.  They're done.  We don't have 1 single bullpen arm worth a damn.
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

I'm not sure we've seen play this poor since 2011/2012.  They flat out suck right now
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Gtilley8 said:
    I'm not sure we've seen play this poor since 2011/2012.  They flat out suck right now
    Yeah, this is UGLY.
    Only thing left to say is sad. A sad way to go out. 
    Gtilley8 said:
    Yup.  Stick a fork in them.  They're done.  We don't have 1 single bullpen arm worth a damn.
    I'm not even concerned with the bullpen.

WHERE. THE. FUCK. ARE. THE. BATS????!!!!!!!
    Also, to Contreras and Baez:
    Don't fucking showboat when you're losing the game and haven't done shit in the entire playoffs.  This is how you get people to NOT like you.  You don't get to flip your bats and wag your fingers when you're about to go down 0-3 in the series.  Puig does - because he's performing and winning.
    ^^ THIS!  My thoughts exactly.  Act like you've fucking gotten a hit before and quit show-boating, especially when you're getting your ass kicked, down 2 games to 0 (at the time). Contreras stood there and posed like he hit the ball 500 feet on a single early in the game last night. WTF. And Puig can kiss my ass with his antics.  Yeah, he's delivering, but he still looks like a jack ass with his bat licking, self-created curtain calls, etc.  Such a loser. 
    ^^^The 2 posts above this are the exact reason I always refer to Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo. Yes, I am fully aware that they have done terrible in the playoffs this season. That said, they are professionals on and off the field. I can tolerate some over excitement, but it needs to be professional and we'll timed. But I guess this makes me the old man "get off my lawn" kind of guy.

Baez - 0-20 in the playoffs and waging his finger while only in the game as a defensive replacement when his team is clearly about to go down 0-3 in a best of 7 is ridiculous. 

Puig - Trying to become Gene Simmons with this tongue bullshit at any time is ridiculous. Grow the fuck up.

Turner - Throwing his helmet on his way to home after hitting the walk off home run to put his team up 2-0 in a best of 7...thumbs up...you earned that one. I got nothing to say.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I haven't posted in this thread so far for the NLCS so that may be why we're losing. This oughta fix it.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Baseball is a sport. Sports are supposed to be fun. Having fun playing sports is good.

Lighten up, Francis
    Baseball is a sport. Sports are supposed to be fun. Having fun playing sports is good.

Lighten up, Francis
    I'm all about fun.  I love watching athletes have fun on the field.  I don't like the "look at me" bullshit that's so prevalent in sports today.  That's not fun.  I see you're a Yankee fan...did #2 have fun on the field? Hell yes! Did he bat flip and draw attention to himself? Hell no! He's a consummate professional and played the game the right way.  Rant over :) 
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    bflynn1 said:
    I haven't posted in this thread so far for the NLCS so that may be why we're losing. This oughta fix it.
    Told you guys
    bflynn1 said:
    bflynn1 said:
    Told you guys
    So we have you to blame for all the mental anguish we've endured the past several days? Kind of a dick move, don't you think?

:lol:
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    How do you over turn that strike with no evidence other than the batter saying he tipped it? What a ridiculous play. Luckily it didn't affect the outcome.
    edited October 2017
    How do you over turn that strike with no evidence other than the batter saying he tipped it? What a ridiculous play. Luckily it didn't affect the outcome.
    It's really funny, right?  Odd things seem to happen when it looks like MLB really wants a Dodgers/Yankees world series
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

Typically, id be more optimistic. We've won 4 straight games severalctimes. But every win is close. At no time during the playoffs have I thought "we got this." They always have to make it interesting. We need a blowout win. Give the pen a rest. Get the hitters back on track. I have hope, it's just not like it was last year.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    That was beyond irritating!  A guy, 100+ feet away determines that the batter touched the pitch, yet the guy 3 feet behind him says it was a swing and miss....hmmm....
    Oh, and the fact that the 40k fans at the game and the 10 million+ watching it knew it was a strike...and the umps aren't allowed to turn around and look at the giant replay board.
    It really seems more and more that the umpires are unnecessary.  Technology should allow every call to be right...whether it's balls and strikes or calls on the field.  There is no reason why one guy should determine what's right and wrong, especially when the technology shows otherwise.