The Golf Thread

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

Tiger is hitting driver now.   My guess is he is training to be just good enough to participate in sponsor activities. 

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

Tiger is hitting driver now.   My guess is he is training to be just good enough to participate in sponsor activities. 

Just got an update saying he can resume all golf activities without restrictions...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    #5 on it's way!

Pain free Tiger can win again.  People keep saying he lost his mental toughness, but the dude has had four back surgeries.  He was hurt and couldn't practice the way he needed to. That is why he struggled.  If it was mental he wouldn't have won Player of the Year after everything went south in his personal life.

If he can get healthy I think he can compete in the majors where more skill is involved on tough courses/setup. 

JT is making bank. Goes and wins a cool $1.7 mil in this tourney in South Korea.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    JT is making bank. Goes and wins a cool $1.7 mil in this tourney in South Korea.
    I was watching some of that last night.  Pretty nice field they had for that tourney.  Not a bad way for JT to go into the offseason.

That positon at the top. That stinger. That club twirl. Sweet baby jesus
    Awesome.  Seems like he'll be ready for the masters next year if he doesn't reinjure himself. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926

That positon at the top. That stinger. That club twirl. Sweet baby jesus
    Yes sir. He'll always be the best imo. Would love to see him come back, win a few tourneys and tell all the haters to piss off
    How many majors is Tiger winning next year? Two? Three?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    How many majors is Tiger winning next year? Two? Three?
    I love how no one can quit this guy. Golf is in such a great spot with so many young awesome players, this guy posts a video of stinger and we all freak out.  Friggen Tiger. Can't wait for him to tee it up.
    No Laying Up has a real good talk with G Mac up.  Always liked him.  
    Already psyched for the Masters and it is a long time away.  Glad they are moving The Players up in the schedule a couple years from now.
    Already psyched for the Masters and it is a long time away.  Glad they are moving The Players up in the schedule a couple years from now.

Last night I made the Masters theme song my ring tone.
    chinese-happy.jpg

That is dedication.

It is not a popular opinion, but I think a healthy Tiger Woods can compete with this group of young guns at The Masters.  And I'll be watching every round if he is there.  Tiger had all the different shots, so even if he loses a few he'll still be on par with most of the competition.  He may lose a little distance but I don't think a significant amount.  His last drive before his layoff was over 300 yards I believe.

edited October 2017

That is dedication.

It is not a popular opinion, but I think a healthy Tiger Woods can compete with this group of young guns at The Masters.  And I'll be watching every round if he is there.  Tiger had all the different shots, so even if he loses a few he'll still be on par with most of the competition.  He may lose a little distance but I don't think a significant amount.  His last drive before his layoff was over 300 yards I believe.

321, I believe.

Lot of scar tissue to work off, but he seems to be in a better place than he has been in a long time and he has CLEARLY been doing more than he has let on.  You don't go from smooth 3/4 6 irons to stingers with an extremely nice swing in 2 weeks or so.

http://www.untildays.com/masters/

Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Played golf today.  The course did a great job of getting leaves off of the fairways.  I did a terrible job of getting the golf balls on the fairways.  Many a lost ball.
    Played golf today.  The course did a great job of getting leaves off of the fairways.  I did a terrible job of getting the golf balls on the fairways.  Many a lost ball.

Nice. I'm playing tomorrow. Should be 65 degrees and sunny when I tee off. Perfect golf weather!
    chinese-happy.jpg

Sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday.

We got rain today and cold weather on the horizon. 

What a collapse by DJ.  Not his day.  

WOW!

Tiger coming back on 11/30 for the Hero World Challenge

chinese-happy.jpg

WOW!

Same thing as last year.  Kinda wish he gave it more time, but what do I know...

WOW!

Same thing as last year.  Kinda wish he gave it more time, but what do I know...

Yeah but I wasn't expecting him to try and play so soon. Wasn't this after Christmas last year? 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Seriously thinking about going to the Hero.  When I saw it on tv last year the gallery was almost non-existent so should be super easy to get a good view.   The field so far:

Tiger Woods, Justin Thomas, Spieth, Koepka, Dustin, Hideki, Fowler, Day, Rose, Kuchar, Leishman, Reed, and some others. 

Gotta look at my work schedule.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

WOW!

fuck tiger.

coming back for a “tournament” without a cut. maybe another 17th place finish will convince him to hang it up for good. 
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

WOW!

fuck tiger.

coming back for a “tournament” without a cut. maybe another 17th place finish will convince him to hang it up for good. 

He did have the most birdies that week. 

Boom!  Mic drop.

I don't know if any of you guys follow club pro guy on twitter, a mock account of a low level club pro. It's pretty hilarious. Regardless, no laying up had a pretty amazing podcast with him. It's  pretty friggen hilarious.

edited November 2017
    Tried to hit a hero shot with the ball sitting on a tree root.  I close the face to hit a hook.  Instead the ball shoots left right away,  hits the tree and bounces straight back into my skull.   Ouch!  Got a nice little bruise out of it.

Lesson:   Don't be a hero.  Use the foot wedge.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    Teed off this morning with a 17 degree windchill.  Greens were crunchy.    Surprised the course let me on.  Got three 18's in today though on three different courses and one I had wanted to play for a long time.  Cold weather = fast rounds!  Awesome day.